PDA

View Full Version : complete newbie

mister-t
12-07-2012, 09:09 AM
ok after many years of using basic receivers have decided to go the linux route and order the vu+uno
i will be following the guide on how to setup receiver posted on here.i shall use the blackhole image,a pre made channel list and will edit that simmilar to my spider as i like the order my channels are stored.will load cccam,now i use n-lines how would i enter those on this receiver,i usualy enter those with remote control on spider all ten of them,how would i do that on uno.any help as always much appreciated

mister-t

donki
12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Copy the line (C or N) into cccam.cfg (search the forum for more info coz there are plenty of threads). Using notepad to do the editing. Once done copy across to the etc folder on your vu+. Job done.

You can either use FTP, DCC or if you use windows just use Explorer to copy across.

Much quicker and more convenient than farting around for hours via a remote :)

You can also keep the cfg files on your PC as a back up. :)

Enjoy the VU. It's a nice machine.

hda5
12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
If you're using CCcam you'll have to copy the CCcam.cfg file from the /etc folder on the Uno to a folder on your PC.

Edit the CCcam.cfg file using Notepad++ google Notepad++ to download the free editor.

Paste your N Lines into the CCcam.cfg file and save the file.

Now FTP (File Transfer Protocol) the CCcam.cfg file from your PC to the /etc folder on the Vu+ Uno and overwrite the old file with your new one.

Now restart CCcam from the blue panel (press blue button on remote for the blue panel)

Note: You'll first have to install CCcam before you can do the above.

Do you know how to install CCcam?

mister-t
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
thanks for the reply much appreciated

mister-t

mister-t
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
If you're using CCcam you'll have to copy the CCcam.cfg file from the /etc folder on the Uno to a folder on your PC.

Edit the CCcam.cfg file using Notepad++ google Notepad++ to download the free editor.

Paste your N Lines into the CCcam.cfg file and save the file.

Now FTP (File Transfer Protocol) the CCcam.cfg file from your PC to the /etc folder on the Vu+ Uno and overwrite the old file with your new one.

Now restart CCcam from the blue panel (press blue button on remote for the blue panel)

Note: You'll first have to install CCcam before you can do the above.

Do you know how to install CCcam?
no dont know how to install cccam,but i am doing as much reading as i can on the vu+

mister-t

hda5
12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Assuming you're using the Blackhole image follow these instructions to install your desired cams.

Install Cam
Download CAM TGZ file from

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?142280-VuPlus-Community-Black-Hole-Image-EMU-S

FTP the cam-filename.tgz to the /tmp folder on Vu+
Press Green Button then Yellow Button on Vu+ remote control.
Select Manual Install Bh Package.
Select the cam-filename.tgz file and press OK.
Message will appear - Do you want to install cam-filename.tgz
Select "Yes" and press OK.
Message will appear - Installed.
Press the exit button on remote a couple of times to come out of all the menus.

6. Activate cam
Press the Blue button and use the < > buttons on remote to select the CAM
Press OK to run the CAM.

tr8.
12-07-2012, 06:16 PM
start with latest blackhole 1.7.6
load lsk pluging (best done with VUCC), it will do all the hard work.
use lsk to load cams etc via Green button
copy over your CCcam.cgf file using vucc over the one that lsk has droped in.
you should be able to use the same one as you had for the spiderbox, that you would have sent via usb
dont forget to activate cam. go to channel, blue button, select cam, activate