PDA

View Full Version : vu uno

mister-t
19-07-2012, 01:26 PM
well had the uno a few days now,after a few teething problems got it all working.
picture quality is superb,works great through my sony av system,still not sure what some of the menues do but still learning

now my dislikes,cannot move channels with remote have to use editor which i am having trouble with,so using pre-made channels list thanks to catseye,but to many sats on that list that i can not view not his fault i know,maybe if i do a clean install and just scan the sats i can receive will help
well being my first linux box for all its little niggles wipes the floor with my spiderbox

mister-t

echelon
19-07-2012, 02:32 PM
adding, removing or moving channels is a bit strange on the linux boxes, I know it took a while to get my head around it when I was attempting it, but it can be done although I cannot remember the exact details

I would check the dreambox section for assistance, unless somebody posts a HOW TO in your thread

on a dm its something like pressing the down button, and maybe the blue button, then bringing up a channel editing feature

just cannot remember the basics myself

good luck

Anrakh
19-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Moving a channel is simple., but you have to be in a favourites list to do it. In the satellite view, the channels are always sorted alphabetically.
On the RCU press the channel up button to bring up the channel list on the screen, press the blue button to select the favourites bouquet you want to work with and then press the menu button - that gets you into the channel list menu, From there you select the "enable move mode" option which allows you to select a channel by pressing ok. You can then move the cursor to where you want the channel to go and pressing ok again will place it there.
You have to disable move mode before returning to the normal menu functions.

tr8.
19-07-2012, 03:53 PM
As Above from anrakh its quite simple if in favourite list (blue button)
Its does vary with image so would be worth saying which image you are using

mister-t
19-07-2012, 04:51 PM
i am using the blackhole image.just tried the way anrakh suggested, it allows me to move bouquets but not individual channels is this correct
sorry for being a pain,i am trying to get my channel list simmilar to how i had them in my spider,for example 1w first channel was bbc world news followed by all the canal+ channels

as always all your help is very much appreciated

mister-t

echelon
19-07-2012, 05:12 PM
i am using the blackhole image.just tried the way anrakh suggested, it allows me to move bouquets but not individual channels is this correct
sorry for being a pain,i am trying to get my channel list simmilar to how i had them in my spider,for example 1w first channel was bbc world news followed by all the canal+ channels

as always all your help is very much appreciated

mister-t

that procedure anrakh stated works fine on my clone dm800 using bh

are you sure you followed his instructions correctly ?

make sure you are in a fav before attempting it

mister-t
19-07-2012, 06:37 PM
that procedure anrakh stated works fine on my clone dm800 using bh

are you sure you followed his instructions correctly ?

make sure you are in a fav before attempting it

followed the instructions to letter,will only let me move bouquets not individual channels
i will reload another channel list then retry

thanks for your time much appreciated
mister-t

sonic1
19-07-2012, 06:41 PM
menu > setup > system > customize > MAKE SURE YOU SELECT EXPERT

mister-t
19-07-2012, 06:56 PM
menu > setup > system > customize > MAKE SURE YOU SELECT EXPERT
yes just done that sonic mate still no joy

sonic1
19-07-2012, 07:23 PM
yes just done that sonic mate still no joy

Show me a screen shot of what you see if you are not seeing enable move mode

mister-t
19-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Show me a screen shot of what you see if you are not seeing enable move mode

i am seeing enable move mode but can not move individual channels just bouquets

sonic1
19-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think you are in a bouquet, you can only move channels within in a bouquet, prior to that you can add channels to your bouquets.

mister-t
19-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't think you are in a bouquet, you can only move channels within in a bouquet, prior to that you can add channels to your bouquets.
sorted thank you very much
was not opening the bouquets if you understand what i mean
and thanks to echelon and anrahk

mister-t

Anrakh
19-07-2012, 07:52 PM
In my previous post I said to select the favourites bouquet you want to work with
To be more clear, perhaps I should have said to the favourites bouquet you want to work with and press OK to enter it.
I thought that would have been obvious, but perhaps I should have realised that you would not think of that even though it seemed obvious to me.

EDIT:
I see you've got it now..

sonic1
19-07-2012, 08:01 PM
In my previous post I said to select the favourites bouquet you want to work with
To be more clear, perhaps I should have said to the favourites bouquet you want to work with and press OK to enter it.
I thought that would have been obvious, but perhaps I should have realised that you would not think of that even though it seemed obvious to me.

EDIT:
I see you've got it now..

I often think like you Anrakh, when you know how it works you tend to take some steps for granted.
When I read your first post I thought yep that's 100% correct.

mister-t
24-07-2012, 03:57 PM
got most of my channels how i like them even added my own favourites folders
but can not get the composite output to work,tried all different settings no matter what i do the picture is in black and white,now i know these leads i am using are good as they was used on my spider box,i am already using the hdmi output which goes to my downstairs tv so wanted to use component to my spare room tv where vu uno is

as always any help much appreciated

mister-t

^^COMPASS^^
24-07-2012, 07:05 PM
but can not get the composite output to work,tried all different settings no matter what i do the picture is in black and white,now i know these leads i am using are good as they was used on my spider box,i am already using the hdmi output which goes to my downstairs tv so wanted to use component to my spare room tv where vu uno is

mister-t

I had the same issue with my UNO so would be interested if you get anywhere with this.

mister-t
25-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I had the same issue with my UNO so would be interested if you get anywhere with this.
well had a look about on different forums and no joy,but i did see a post about a workaround if using vix image but sadley does not work if using blackhole
well didnt work for me anyway,but i will keep looking and if anything pops up i will let you know

mister-t

CokeAddict
25-07-2012, 06:51 PM
The composite video out is in colour on my Uno, with BH 1.7.6, there is no component out on the Uno.

If it's in black in white for you, go into the a/v settings, change the output to scart and make sure it's set to either RGB or CVBS and not S-video.

If it's still not in colour, I don't know what else to suggest.

echelon
25-07-2012, 06:53 PM

mister-t

small point of order, reading this you talk about composite (yellow) and then mention component (red/green/blue)

I assume its a typo and you actually mean composite ?

on a scart the RGB will be fixed to get colour, but clearly your images are set to usa standards giving black and white like on the old playstations that needed the rgb psx to scart lead for colour correction

mister-t
25-07-2012, 07:06 PM
small point of order, reading this you talk about composite (yellow) and then mention component (red/green/blue)

I assume its a typo and you actually mean composite ?

on a scart the RGB will be fixed to get colour, but clearly your images are set to usa standards giving black and white like on the old playstations that needed the rgb psx to scart lead for colour correction

yes meant composite sorry

mister-t

mister-t
25-07-2012, 07:21 PM
The composite video out is in colour on my Uno, with BH 1.7.6, there is no component out on the Uno.

If it's in black in white for you, go into the a/v settings, change the output to scart and make sure it's set to either RGB or CVBS and not S-video.

If it's still not in colour, I don't know what else to suggest.

tried as you suggested but no joy
anyway not really to much of a problem but would of been nice if it worked
still impressed with receiver though

mister-t

mister-t
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
ok did a bit of playing about today,its my tv that is the problem,composite works fine through my samsung dvd recorder

mister-t