PDA

View Full Version : New t2300hd

zeros
20-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Is it possible to add Plugins (any of them which are here available) for new T2300HD? Today or tomorrow?
I will write here soon a review (by this weekend) about this model - T2300HD.

Z

ColdAsICE
20-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Sorry but the addon's and plugin's on here are not for the T2300 model.
That is a new terrestrial T2 HD model with all its addon's already embedded in its firmware.
I not aware of any externally loaded extras available for it........yet.

zeros
20-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Icecrypt T2300HD it is new digital Terrestrial TV tuner to view DVB-T and DVB-T2 programs. It is very important that this tuner can also play the new standard DVB-T2. Many tuners so far can not handle DVB-T2 (including the dreambox for example) so when the DVB-T2 is needed then Icecrypt T2300HD is quite good investment.

I've tried it for today a bit and will write my impressions on that.
So people living in north Estonia (my country where I live) can watch also Finland DVB-T2 programs with that tuner!

Here is my allowed overview:
+ 1) Three USB connectors (in front of one and rear two) for File Playback (MP3, JPEG, XViD). It reads all my *ts records also with high-Bitrate speed (HD content without any problem). Fast forward for video is possible also with higher speeds (up to 24x and 32x )
+ 2) in the first scan it read out all of our local channels
+ 3) picture quality is very good. Video Resolution - 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p NB! it supports also 720p and 1080p!
+ 4) MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Digital and Fully DVB-T/T2 compliant.
+ 5) Ethernet - RJ-45, 10/100 Base-T
+ 6) Features include Web Browser, Picasa, Google Maps, Samba, HbbTV. I have not come across with tuners, which look so nicely in going with Google Maps!
+ 7) Watching photos with large volumes of images from USB stick was fast ang very good quality.
+ 8) SCART can be configured from menu to RGB or composite video (CVBS). Some old and simple TVs can do only this composite video and I was tested both and both are good working.
+ 9) From physical dimensions it is very small box.
+ 10) Good price.

- 1) No card reader and external module slot
- 2) UK plug socket for power supply unit. Adapter is needed for local use. Or external AC adapter with 12V and 2A.
- 3) I look forward to software support from this forum :-) Would be nice to get support for Softcam because there is no card reader.

Good little box for DVB-T and DVB-T2 and for IP network.

Z

zeros
01-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Here is the latest official update available from ICECRYPT website:

t2300-upgrade_15-08-12

(before upgrading please read upgrade notes below)

Version 1.634132
Release date: Aug 15 2012

1. Improved channel change speed.
2. Media functions update (Dvix3 not supported).
3. Added Timeout to play icon and duration in media.
4. Display Day Time and Date in EPG.
5. Channel list bug when pressing PR+/- fixed.
6. Set default subtitles to off during play PVR files in media player.
7. Fixed MEDIA button issue that sometimes shows CH list.
8. Some spelling corrected.
9. In EPG, add "OK To Select" help information.
10. Change PR+/PR- function in multi view EPG.
11. Default EPG menu bug fixed.
12. Fixed bug that sometimes HDMI did not work after upgrading.
13. Fixed Channel list bug when press PR+/-.
14. Fixed volume adjustment issue for AD (Menu>Sound>AD switch).
15. Updated German Czech and Bulgarian Language pack.
16. Adjust menu and dialogues for multi OSD language.
17. Set subtitles to default off during playback in media player.

+ Updates for PVR function (Basic PVR function is not available in all areas)

1. Added: when on live TV press the play button to access the recording archive.
2. Enable AD function during playback of recording (Please Note: in Media Player AD function is not available).
3. Change PVR default directory on external USB device.
4. List recorded files in archive by time order.
5. Change date format from YearMonthDay to DayMonthYear on recorded file names .

PLEASE NOTE:
If the software version in your receiver is dated 26-06-2012 and before you will need to update twice.
(Menu>Option>System Information: update date).

To upgrade with this version you must use both files to upgrade (in some cases updating twice in the steps below).

1) Copy both files into the ROOT: of your USB memory key/stick.
2) Insert the USB memory key/stick in to the T2300 (1 USB front - 2 USB rear).
3) Press Menu>Option>Software update (USB): press the OK button twice to start the upgrade of the 1st file.
4) After the receiver will reset back to factory setting and show the 1st time install screen.
5) keep pressing the OK button and when the channel Tuning starts press the exit button to stop and exit.
6) Press Menu>Option>Software update (USB) press the OK button twice to start the upgrade of the 2nd file.
7) Once done the upgrade is now fully complete.
8) After the receiver will reset back to factory setting again and show the 1st time install screen.
9) This time let the receiver do a full scan for DTV channels.

To check that the receiver has updated OK:
Menu>Option>System Information>update date should now read: Aug 15 2012.17:10:12

zeros
26-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Here is the latest official update available from the ICECRYPT website:

t2300-upgrade_08-10-12

Version 1.652562
Release date: Oct 08 2012

1. Time clock in standby sometimes going minus one hour now fixed.
2. Fixed front panel LED display issue.
3. Fixed Audio Description (AD) Volume issue.
4. Fixed Low volume issue that happens sometimes during zapping.
5. OSD German language has been improved.
6. Other minor bug fixes to improve performance.

You can check your current software version by going to: (Menu>Option>System Information: see update date)

PLEASE NOTE: After upgrading the receiver will return to factory setting and a rescan for channels will need to done.

How to upgrade your receiver using a USB memory key/stick:
t2300-upgrade_08-10-12.zip once saved to your PC your must unzip (highlight file and right click mouse)
1) Copy file T2300Upgrade.bin into the ROOT: of your USB memory key/stick (not inside a folder).
2) Insert the USB memory key/stick in to the T2300 (1 USB front - 2 USB rear)
3) Press Menu>Option>Software update (USB): press the OK button twice to start the upgrade.
4) After the upgrade has finished the receiver will reset back to factory setting and show the 1st time install screen.
5) Select the correct language and region then do a full scan for DTV channels.

To check that the receiver has updated OK: Menu>Option>System Information>update date should now read: Oct 08 2012,12:01:12

Created
Size
Downloads 15-10-2012
60.73 MB

zeros
22-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Here is the latest official update available from the ICECRYPT website:

Files:
t2300-upgrade_17-12-12

Version 1.722842
Release date: DEC 17 2012

1. Skipping data channels when only using PR+/PR- buttons.
2. Channel 0201 Holidays TV now loads ok.
3. BBC iPlayer has been added (press IP button to access, internet connection need)
4. Update Antix games player (press IP button to access, internet connection need to load more games)
5. Fix bug in EPG menu when pressing TV/Radio button.
6. Fixed EPG issue when pressing PR+/PR- in event list.
7. Display (xxHr xxmins) instead of xxHr xxMinĴ in information bar.
8. Fix issue when using Media setup menu.
6. Other minor bug fixes to improve performance.

You can check your current software version by going to: (Menu>Option>System Information: see update date)

PLEASE NOTE: After upgrading the receiver will return to factory setting and a rescan for channels will need to done.

How to upgrade your receiver using a USB memory key/stick:

t2300-upgrade_17-12-12.zip once saved to your PC you must unzip (highlight file and right click mouse)

1) Copy file T2300Upgrade.bin into the ROOT: of your USB memory key/stick (not inside a folder).
2) Insert the USB memory key/stick in to the T2300 (1 USB front - 2 USB rear)
3) Press Menu>Option>Software update (USB): press the OK button twice to start the upgrade.
4) After the upgrade has finished the receiver will reset back to factory setting and show the 1st time install screen.
5) Select the correct language and region then do a full scan for DTV channels.

To check that the receiver has updated OK: Menu>Option>System Information>update date should now read: DEC 17 2012,19:49:11