PDA

View Full Version : Dish for Motorhome

Scream
07-08-2012, 11:26 PM
A neighbour of mine has a motorhome which they use about 4-weeks a year to travel around France. They asked me about getting a satellite to watch UK tv for the motorhome as they have seen quite a few folk using them with their motorhome.

They are the sort of people who want to switch on the tv and there you have it, uk tv. That would rule out them setting up a dish outside the motorhome and trying to align it.

Can someone advise me of their options and if possible recommend a dish or kit that would be suitable for their needs. I have heard of automatic alignment dishes but thats as far as it goes.

Cheers.

melv
07-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I got a german system Katherine on mine,it was already fitted. It is good, it a diamond shape with no visible lnb. You just turn the tv on and it pops up and searches for the chanel/sat you've picked if you start the engine it parks itself back down so you can't drive of with it up. I think the new H.D version is around the 3 grand mark.

melv
08-08-2012, 12:26 AM
If you look at outdoor bits site they've got auto systems from around a grand.

pmb
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Don't know whereabouts you are but another suggestion is Leisuredirect in Warrington. I take it they don't get a monthly motorhome mag as there are several adverts in them for such a system. As melv has said they aren't cheap.

satwyn
11-08-2012, 08:26 PM
have a look at the stab kz220

uqkja
12-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Look at this as well:

Hughes Satellite internet dish

Best of luck