PDA

View Full Version : froze

davemaden
09-08-2012, 12:28 AM
ive just updated my tom tom 520 and map activated ok but when ive reboot it to check if map is ok , its froze on the start up picture and i cant turn it off or do anything with it how do i overcome this , thanks have pressed reset button and it turns off but freezes again on start up

Russell1
09-08-2012, 07:33 AM
What did you update & have you patched the ttsystem file as well as activating the map ?
What version numbers ?
Try deleting the file named 'Mapsettings.cfg' - it will be in the map folder (make a copy of it first).

davemaden
09-08-2012, 05:06 PM
its a long story but i had patched the tt520 about 2 years ago and put a map on and all was fine but my son thought the map was out of date and has tried to put a map on from the tt home site and i was getting the message " this map cannot be used on here" . so i am trying to put a new map on its 890 4234 , can everything be done using bbs tools or do i need alberts tool , its put the map onto the tt520 and activated it , thanks cant see mapsettings.cfg in the map folder

davemaden
09-08-2012, 05:37 PM
when i try to patch tts PNDn i get message saying application dos not exist , what does this mean ? thanks

davemaden
09-08-2012, 09:33 PM
heres the latest , ive deleted everything from device , then ive installed navcore 8.562 and put map 890 4234 on and activated it and map is on all ok but i want to put voices and speed cams on , but when i plug it into pc im getting message saying usb device not recognised , can you please help with this , thanks in device manager on the usb port im using it says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). when i put tt520 into the usb hub and turn the tt 520 on i get message on tt 520 screen saying warning there are no voices available and when i press continue the map comes on , i.e. it doesnt ask if i want to connect to the pc .

davemaden
10-08-2012, 06:50 AM
finnally got it too work needed reset button pressing

davemaden
29-08-2012, 05:50 PM
ive a problem with it now as it wont let you put a poostcode in i.e. when you start to put a postcode in it wont accept a full postcode and just comes up with a list of the first half of the postcode , how do i resolve this . thanks

Russell1
29-08-2012, 06:36 PM
ive a problem with it now as it wont let you put a poostcode in i.e. when you start to put a postcode in it wont accept a full postcode and just comes up with a list of the first half of the postcode , how do i resolve this . thanks

Have you got the postcode files on your tomtom & are they in the folder named ' zip ' ?

davemaden
29-08-2012, 06:44 PM
should the postcode files have been in the latest map folder ive loaded or do i need to put it in from the original map i had installed , dont know if ive got a map settings file in new map , if i havent can i just copy itinto new map from the old one and would this cause the postcode problem , thanks

Russell1
29-08-2012, 10:15 PM
No - the postcode files go in the folder named ' zip '. You can try to copy your old mapsettings.cfg file into your new map folder, but it might cause it to freeze on boot up - if this happens just delete the file.

davemaden
30-08-2012, 07:42 AM
ive had a look in tt home using windows explorer and gone into the uk and ireland map , there is a map settings .cfg file 3kb but there is no zip file in the list , where do i get the file from to put it in the map folder ? thanks

painter
30-08-2012, 10:16 AM
ive had a look in tt home using windows explorer and gone into the uk and ireland map , there is a map settings .cfg file 3kb but there is no zip file in the list , where do i get the file from to put it in the map folder ? thanks

Follow this link. https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?156576-V890-Postcode-Files-%28June-2012%29

just put the folder named zip with your other folders in the root of your devise.

regards painter

davemaden
30-08-2012, 10:23 PM
ive loaded the two files in the link , ( postal file and the ver file for great britain ) but now when i try to type a postcode in , the tt turns off half way through typing postcode in , thanks

Russell1
30-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Did you put the 2 files into the folder named ' zip ' ?
Also try setting keyboard to QWERTY & use small fonts.

davemaden
30-08-2012, 11:01 PM
ive now created a new folder in the map folder and named it "zip" and put the two files in from the link from painter , its not turning itself off now but when i put full postcode in its not coming up with a list , so i can choose the correct address , im in the house though , does it need to be able to see the satellite or something for it to work right , i will have to try again tomorrow as the battery is very low now . thanks for your help , will get there in the end .
can i just ask a quick one . i have two satnavs , one tt520 and a tt1 home , the tt1 is working fine so is it possible to transfer the map settings file and the zip folder with postcodes and the favs from the tt1 onto pc then onto tt520 ? will this cure the problem ? its just that the tt1 has an older map on it . thanks

Russell1
31-08-2012, 07:06 AM
The folder named ' zip ' does not go into any other folder !!
Use the postcode files from here :-
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?156576-V890-Postcode-Files-%28June-2012%29
Only way to find out is copying your mapsettings.cfg file will work is to try it - if your tomtom freezes when booting up then delete it.

davemaden
31-08-2012, 07:39 AM
ok thanks , there is no folder named zip in tt home when i look using window***plorer , so do i just create a new folder and renameit zip in tt home ? thanks

painter
31-08-2012, 11:39 AM
ok thanks , there is no folder named zip in tt home when i look using window***plorer , so do i just create a new folder and renameit zip in tt home ? thanks

dave mate! when you download the file in the link there will allready be a follder named zip in there, switch on your tt device while attached to your computer when tt home starts up close it, leave device switched on, then on PC go to my computer you will see TT logo there in red click on that to open it and your folders should all be seen just copy and paste the zip folder in there.

regards painter

davemaden
31-08-2012, 05:49 PM
i think ive done it by creating new folder in tt home naming it zip and putting the two great britain files in , as when i d/loaded the file in the link and opened it there wasnt a file named zip , theres 4 files , 2 for britain and 2 for netherlands . thanks for all your help will test tt520 later and let you know if ive any probs . thanks

davemaden
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM
ok ,it seems fine for postcodes but isnt recognising speed cameras , is there a link for the latest speed cameras or is the one for october last year the latest . thanks

Russell1
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Which speed camera files have you used - if it's the ones I've posted on here, the copy all the .BMP & .OV2 files into the map folder.

davemaden
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
the ones you posted for 26/10/11 which are the only ones i can see arent available for download , when i use the link . it says the following download is not available . are they the latest ones . thanks

Russell1
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
They are the latest available copied files & I've posted new link for you.

davemaden
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
thanks for that new link is ok , will try to load them in map folder . do i need to remove any existing speed camera files from the map folder or just load the new ones into map folder . i.e. will loading the new cameras automatically overwrite any oler one that are already on the map ? thanks

Russell1
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
if the new files have the same names as the old files then yes you can overwrite them.