PDA

View Full Version : SpiderBox 9000 HD Question ..

Barney
09-08-2012, 09:49 PM
i have a question regarding Spiderbox9000HD and hope i can get an answer from some of our knowledgeable members ..
i have 2x Spider9000 HD's and cant find an answer that im looking for so perhaps this is not possible ..
i would like my spiderbox to boot up on a certain channel but no matter what i do it will boot up on some other random channel on the same Sat :frown:

i know on dmbox this is posible with ok button and menu and "Set as Startup service" ..but what about spiderbox is this just not possible ?
i do realize this feature mite need implemented into a patch perhaps but all devolopement for this box seems to have stopped since early March this year ?

i do hope its possible to set as start up a particular channel ..but for the life of me i cant figure out how to do this as it just every time boots up on random channels which i find very much frustrating :frown:

hopefully there is some fellow pimps out there that mite be able to help me ??
many thnxs in advance for any help guys .

-----
Barney

echelon
09-08-2012, 10:24 PM
just tested my 9000 and it always boots up on the last channel it was on before being put on standby

even if I switch it off at the mains switch, and switch back on, it still boots on the last remembered channel before switch off

so I cannot replicate your findings

Mickha
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Same here, and all the last channels viewed on each satellite, unless you do a re-boot, via the Spiderbox menu, in which case they all default to channel 1.

Barney
09-08-2012, 10:43 PM
i only wish i knew howto get mine to do that ...well after several reboots one of my spider9000 HD's is booting up on last remembered channel which is something ..but the other spider9000 HD fails to do it every time i wish there was some way i could make it boot up the same but it picks just any random channel on the satellite and just wants to boot up on it instead and thats no good as my card wont decode the random channel it boots up on ..so that is where my problem is ..but is there a way to fix this via remote somehow ? or will i just have to put up with the fact that there is just no way to make this box boot up on a certain channel ?

thnxs for your quick response as always echelon m8 .
-----
Barney

Barney
09-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Same here, and all the last channels viewed on each satellite, unless you do a re-boot, via the Spiderbox menu, in which case they all default to channel 1.So a reboot via the menu might be the soloution Michka you reckon ?
ive not tried this yet as i always used the button on the back of the box .
i'll certainly give this a try ,
thank you mate .
---
Barney

Mickha
10-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Have you tried a different channel list, this could be causing the problem?
Try a factory reset, load a new channel list, and see if the problem is cured.

chippy
10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
have you tried saving the channel to channel 1 via the channel manager?

gadstamut
10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I suffer from this problem also from time to time. I switch all my boxes off at night and sometimes when I switch it back on it switches to a different channel than I was on last. Plus, when i press ok to bring up the channel list it sometimes has for e.g it says 19.2 east but populated by 1.0west channel list. A quick change to another satellite sorts it out.

paulus
10-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Mine (9900) is exactly the same as gadstamut. Don't think it's anything to do with channel list (I'm using echelon's) and it is unpredicatable, but always to a channel that I have at some time watched (not purely ramdom).

chippy
10-08-2012, 10:03 AM
gadstmut, your reciever is acting the same as mine. i dont switch switch my box off, i leave it on standby. ( i know) to make sure i dont move satellite or channel on start up, i stay on 13e with bbc world news as channel 1 and not 13e as in channel list. ( i use echelons or billys and adapt list to suit). i have also found that the box will always return to said channel even when i switch off completely. i have found that the box will do this on any sat so long as the channel is no1 and not the sat.