PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo clone

henrik67
31-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi my friend has purchased a vu duo clone and has brought it round for me to flash it.

I,m just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to install latest firmwares for this box or does it have to be a specific image for the clone.

The image i am looking for is blackhole 1.7.2 as thats what i use on my original..its got a sticker confirming v.20 is installed which i gather is the latest bootloader firmware dump.

Many thanks in advance.

sonic1
31-08-2012, 07:16 PM
You can not run any of the latest images, the one you have is the last that will work. NO HbbTV for him.

henrik67
31-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks sonic...do you mean the 1.72 image from here will work on his clone duo box???

Also whats HbbTV lol

Thanks

basilyoung
01-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I dont think so....hbbtv is some a clone cant get

digicon
01-09-2012, 12:46 AM
If you want to flash Blackhole the latest version that is working is 1.7.5 after that they wont boot due to the new driver implentation with anti-clone, and since then we had some more drivers so i would imagine ferrari stopped trying to patch the previous drivers and started on the new ones straight away

hehakasa
01-09-2012, 11:04 AM
there are probs with blackhole, i suggest you try vix, espec if you are putting a hdd or one is installed on it, on blackhole it fails to recognise the hdd at times and puts your box into radio mode overnight

TK4|2|1
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Edit.

sonic1
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
there are probs with blackhole, i suggest you try vix, espec if you are putting a hdd or one is installed on it, on blackhole it fails to recognise the hdd at times and puts your box into radio mode overnight

You have set up epg to update that is why you box goes in to radio mode.
Set it up correctly and that does not happen.

henrik67
16-09-2012, 04:13 AM

Thanks but no thanks...hell will freeze over before i would use vix images...that crowd aint got a clue what they are doing.

zola25
16-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks but no thanks...hell will freeze over before i would use vix images...that crowd aint got a clue what they are doing.

Strange statement been using there image almost since they started been back to the others but always returned to ViX.
What do you think is wrong with them?

henrik67
19-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Strange statement been using there image almost since they started been back to the others but always returned to ViX.
What do you think is wrong with them?

All i seemed to get mate was green screens and then the later images gave me a black screen regularly,dont ever seem to get that issue with blackhole images.

I also think that some of thier staff on their website is not all that friendly either so i just would,nt use thier software but i suppose its a matter of opinion really.

All they have done btw and is of course common knowledge is copy open pli software and add a few bits and peices.

Good luck to them but i certainly wont be using thier software.

pheonix
19-09-2012, 01:00 AM
All i seemed to get mate was green screens and then the later images gave me a black screen regularly,dont ever seem to get that issue with blackhole images.

What exact issues are you having ? bear in mind that we are not mind readers, so if you dont report your problems there is no way we can possibly fix them. also we dont offer any kind of support cloned hardware.

I also think that some of thier staff on their website is not all that friendly either so i just would,nt use thier software but i suppose its a matter of opinion really.

like any forum, if you have a problem with a certain member of the staff, then contact one of the admin staff who will look into your complaint.

All they have done btw and is of course common knowledge is copy open pli software and add a few bits and peices.

Good luck to them but i certainly wont be using thier software.

well if thats's what you think, then your probably rite and ViX is not the image for you.