PDA

View Full Version : complete noob with questions

dazpearce
02-09-2012, 11:29 AM
hi all,

i had a blade 7000s pre set up for me and have recently decided to update to a vu duo purchased from hong kong.

ive been on the idiots guide on this site and have managed to do everything except the motorised dish bit as mine is static.

i have some questions i hope you can help with

1. how do you set the time/date, mines stuck in 1970!, ive been through all the options i can find and have googled it without success.

2. in configuration mode, during the wizard, which is the correct option for me? ive currently got simple,single, eutelsat 28a/astra 1n/2a/2b 28 east(the one after that is 30.5east) and send diseqc - no and the same for tuner b, this doesnt find anything. i know im probably doing something real dumb, but all its options are quite overwhelming.

3. what is zapping exactly?

4. are nims and transponders types of tuners? or are they just different names for the same thing?

thanks for any replys
daz:respect-050:

tr8.
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
1st we need to know what image has been loaded, they are all different.
I use blackhole and you put in your time zone, it gets the rest from the sat.

If you have a clone (from Hong Kong) you have a few more issues, dont load current images they will kill it.

Don't know about your sat issue as have mine on Big motorized dish so different setup.

do my own channel lists so not sure what you are asking in 3 -4 but tuners are tuners, transponders are on the sat at set parameters

dazpearce
03-09-2012, 08:58 PM
1st we need to know what image has been loaded, they are all different.
I use blackhole and you put in your time zone, it gets the rest from the sat.

If you have a clone (from Hong Kong) you have a few more issues, dont load current images they will kill it.

Don't know about your sat issue as have mine on Big motorized dish so different setup.

do my own channel lists so not sure what you are asking in 3 -4 but tuners are tuners, transponders are on the sat at set parameters

thanks i didnt realise it was a clone, its going back asap,but cheers for your response