PDA

View Full Version : No sound on channel AXN Black on satellite Hispasat 30.0°W

mb
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone help I have no sound on channels AXN Black, TVC1, and TVC4 on satellite Hispasat 30.0°W.
I have tried to change audio streams, but there are no other ones.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks
mb

echelon
08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
seems ok here, audio on all 3 SD channels

ian
08-09-2012, 08:18 AM
can the spiderbox handle AAC audio ?

if it can you also have to be using cccam 2.3.0 or oscam to be able to decode it.

Ian.

echelon
08-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I have no idea what aac audio is, but the spiderbox has those channels on its g**t over the spiderweb so decodes by "ethernet"

mine is only connected by hdmi and the sound is there

pressing the audio butt shows me only one audio channel is listed so there are no alternatives on those 3 channels, but other channels do show multiple audio streams and a spiderbox can switch between them if required by using the audio button

^^COMPASS^^
08-09-2012, 10:02 AM
There was a long standing issue on the 9900HD but a fix was released,
but as were in the 9000HD discussion this shouldn't apply
unless user mb has a 9900HD and isn't on firmware dated 22.12.2012 of later

mb
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone for all the replies.

The reciever is a 9000HD with software ver F5.41 LDR ver 00.31
It is connected to an SD tv via a scart lead, so no HD, do you think this may cause a problem on those channels?
The channels Fox Movies, Hollwood and AXN HD work fine.
AXN Black has just one audio track displayed like this 1/1 [other]
The audio PID is 4426
Thanks for any help
mb

echelon
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone for all the replies.

The reciever is a 9000HD with software ver F5.41 LDR ver 00.31
It is connected to an SD tv via a scart lead, so no HD, do you think this may cause a problem on those channels?
The channels Fox Movies, Hollwood and AXN HD work fine.
AXN Black has just one audio track displayed like this 1/1 [other]
The audio PID is 4426
Thanks for any help
mb

to check the firmware on it you use the date where it says LAST UPDATE

mine says Mar 29 2012

my software version line is the same as yours, but that doesnt mean yours is up to date

its only up to date if it has the same date as mine

my audio pid is correct at 4226, so not the same as yours (unless yours is a typo ?), and has just 1/1 on the audio track selection

so try using my audio pid and not yours

I get sound ok using scart and hdmi

try changing the scart lead and use a 21 pin fully wired scart, not a half populated one if that is what you are using

if your date isnt same as mine , patch the box up to date

ian
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
none of the channels you mention that work use AAC audio,but the ones you mention that dont work,do use AAC audio,so its this that is your problem.

if,as peeps have mentioned,there is a patch that allows your box to decode AAC audio then as ech says,your box is not up to date.

i cannot speak for the spiderbox,but i can tell you that its deffo the AAC audio thats causing your problems.

even peeps using linux boxes have to use oscam or the latest cccam 2.3.0 to be able to decode this audio stream.earlier cccam versions dont work.

Ian.

Anrakh
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Spiderbox 9000HD has no problem with AAC audio. Never did.

mb
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
The box is up-to-date it has Mar 29 2012 as the last update.
There was a typo in the audio pid it is the same as yours echelon 4226.
I guess I will try updating the software again, but it seems unlikely that's the problem as every other channel on all other satellites has audio.
Could it be a hardware problem or a difference in the hardware of the box?
I am using a Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable I will try removing that, maybe it does not support AAC audio as ian mentions.

Thanks for the help.
mb

echelon
09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
The box is up-to-date it has Mar 29 2012 as the last update.
There was a typo in the audio pid it is the same as yours echelon 4226.
I guess I will try updating the software again, but it seems unlikely that's the problem as every other channel on all other satellites has audio.
Could it be a hardware problem or a difference in the hardware of the box?
I am using a Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable I will try removing that, maybe it does not support AAC audio as ian mentions.

Thanks for the help.
mb

in your earlier reply you only mentioned using a scart lead so I tested mine by adding a scart lead as mine was on hdmi only lead
this is the first time you have mentioned this aspect of your setup, which is an added extra and not a main function like scart audio or hdmi audio

decoding the channel isnt the issue as I have already said its on the spiderbox g**t

seems to me that apart from this toslink thingy your box is same as mine, same date, same patch , same audio pid

assuming you are using this toslink surround sound or whatever it is you could have at least mentioned it

scart testing means exactly that , stereo sound over a fully wired scart and at the time of testing no other leads should have been plugged in , especially this toslink thing (its all greek to me, but as a comms engineer I know that when testing you go back to basics)

I would always test a box using the simplest method of composite yellow video, and stereo red and white left and right audio

on a 9000 I might even check the rf channel too, making sure its on pal I

then I would test rgb and stereo left and right audio using a fully wired scart

lastly I would test using hdmi

at no point would I test the digital or optical out on any box as I dont have, dont want and dont use surround sound, its also not a valid test, the more tech you add the less valid any test is as it relies on too many parameters, you need to follow the K.I.S.S. principle and start with absolute basics here

once you have checked the above scenarios you should have more idea what the box is decoding or not, in the various video and audio offerings

I have now checked a 9k and a 7k , both decode axn black on that audio pid with sound (and vision) using the g**t, and on scart and hdmi leads only

I believe ian is correct and its to do with this surround sound aspect, or similar a reason, but I have no idea as to the what or the why

but I have no doubt that your spiderbox is probably operating correctly on scart and phono sound

ps:- you are asking about hardware issues but havent listed your hardware from system info, so we have no idea if its an FM box or an RM box, and in any case I would think only the developers could answer that technical query, not a user forum

mb
12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks echelon for the reply.
I had forgot that I had the Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable plugged in when I first posted.
I have removed the cable and the sound works fine on all the channels, it seems there is some incompatibility between the tv's surround sound and the spiderbox when using the optical cable.
There is no HDMI on my tv so I cant test that.
I think the easiest solution is to switch from optical to scart in the tv's menu to watch those channels.

Thanks again for the help.
mb