PDA

View Full Version : tomtom720

GETIT
11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Hello all my tom 720 does not boot up nay help i have tried everything?

Russell1
12-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Is it fully charged - can you connect it to your PC ?

GETIT
14-09-2012, 10:45 PM
well the green light comes on and pc wont detect it if it does not boot up

Russell1
15-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Try this :-

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965/kw/720%20wont%20start

To reset your TomTom device, do the following:

Check that the battery is charged properly.
Charge your device for at least 2 hours before trying to turn it on again. Make sure the charging light on your device is on.

Remove the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, remove it.

Reset your device.
Use a straightened paper clip, or something similar, to push the reset button for at least 20 seconds. See the pictures below for where to find the reset button.

Turn your device on.
Press the On/off button for at least 5 seconds.

Insert the SD card
If your device uses an SD card, insert the SD card.

Where to find the reset button

The reset button is on the bottom of your TomTom device.

GETIT
15-09-2012, 03:11 PM
i have tried all above no joy green light is there when on charge but cant reset nothing happens.

Russell1
15-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Can't offer any more help sorry except to suggest you try contacting Tomtom support.

Motzil
02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
i have tried all above no joy green light is there when on charge but cant reset nothing happens.

Hi I have a TomTom GO 910 which had the same problem on two occasions...! The green light and not switching on is a common issue there are only two remedies

1) change the battery...... Which i did myself, this cured my problem first time (battery off **** £9.99 at the time they are cheaper now)

2) change the motherbaord....... this happened the second time and cost me £25.00 + recorded postage had to send it to a bloke in Kent, but well worth it. (If you want his details just PM me and I'll send you his contact deteils) I was going to buy a new TOMTOM till i read you couldn't use copied Maps and as my TomTom has a 20GB hard drive in it, it was far better for me to have it repaired.

It is my intention to install the Truck Maps for UK and speed cameras once I got enough information on how to do it

hope this helps