PDA

View Full Version : vix image

mister-t
14-09-2012, 08:11 PM
after owning this receiver for about a month now and running blackhole image,i was wondering if it was worth me trying the vix image
are the images much different?will my saved channel list be ok on the vix image,what is the latest vix image?
i do like the blackhole image but not trying the vix image i have nothing to compare it to.so any suggestions much appreciated

mister-t

tr8.
16-09-2012, 05:03 PM
When i got mine nearly 2 years ago i tried all the images.
They were quite different i liked Blackhole, mostly as it was the most stable.
If you send your channel list via ftp it should be ok.
not if you do it as a backup / restore than is great on the Blackholes.

If you try it let me know what you find it like, u am running 1.77 now as the multi boot/ (worlds) works well with kids and different channel lists.
I am always intersted it what is now better and they also must have change a lot over the last 2 years.

sonic1
16-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I tested the latest VIX image a few days ago, I have to say it has come a long way.

But not quite as good as BH :king-041:

mister-t
16-09-2012, 05:46 PM
well i loaded the vix image,just to see how it compares to bh,was not impressed to tell the truth.i did like the cam downloads though.
picture quality did not seem as good as bh and no 1channel video on demand plugin which i use more than anything,suppose each image has its pro's and cons

mister-t

^^COMPASS^^
16-09-2012, 06:35 PM
1channel video on demand plugin can be downloaded from the vix feeds (least it was there last time i looked)

hehakasa
16-09-2012, 06:49 PM
i had blackhole was very problematic, have vix on mi vu+duo and is far better