PDA

View Full Version : ha ha ha he he he my azbox booting did not beat me !!!!!!!

goody5555
25-09-2012, 07:53 PM
hi i would like to share my experience with the stuck in booting loop

this has taken me 3 weeks to solve so i thought i will share my solution with you all

After trying all the tuts that are posted some with files and programs i all ways ended up with the zboot fail code FFFFFF and really thought that my box was fooked and need to go to Holland for a jtag bootloader reflash at a cost of 50 euro + post (as no one in uk could do it )

ok i was running open rsi pil on my box and was havin problems moving my dish so i reflashed my box and had a bad flash cut the power and rebooted and this when it got stuck in booting mode

so downloaded the recover azbox zip with all the files and tut
followed the tut installed putty and pumpkin and tptp file server just be safe
ordered a ttl usb adapter and wires. on my adapter i had to connect the 5v wire to get putty to run
followed the tut all went well loaded the new kernel with filezilla updated box and it rebooted yeh right !! stopped with nothing on display waited 30 mins or more no joy turned box off and rebooted and returned to stuck in booting loop ????
so started again and same thing happened tried this loads of times still no good looked at yarmon and the out put said rebooting and a bit off code and then the line zboot failed (1) error code FFFFFF

so ordered another usb to ttl cable this one had just 3 wires and only needed to connect 3 wires 5v not needed followed tut same result as before boo!! boo!!

pulling hair out now

now to my fix i think this maybe down to what image you were running before it crashed, mine was open rsi pil

running windows 7 64bit on dell laptop

download putty 64 bit

download recover azbox kernel 344 important !!! as the other backup files did not work for me but this where the image you were running might mean you need different kernels
follow tut

putty 64 bit allows ctrl +c to work

load files with file zilla

update

and it works it reboots yes yes yes watch the putty window you will see it loading the kernel

oh dear it stopped boo boo with open rsi loading on front screen in stead of booting loop
will not go into rescue mode no ip displayed dam dam
switched box off and back on still in open rsi booting loop

ok 2 ways to find ip addy look at your router to see if it has given azbox a ip mine did lucky i am

or use jazup 2.4 and use discover ip do not use this to reflash the box wont work just note ip addy and close

now open azup 2.26 put ip in

download latest open rsi pil image and load up and flash box with azup
it works !! well no stuck with open rsi booting !!!

so next download the latest open rsi kernel because i found out the recovery kernel was to old to run the open rsi pill image
use azup to load kernel only please tick this box
let it do its stuff and it will reboot and you now have your box reflashed to open rsi pil and now go back to having fun

so summary for win7 64 bit
get usb ttl cable
download putty 64 bit
download recover azbox kernel 344 files and tut
download jazup 2.4
download azup 2.26
download latest open rsi pil e2 image
download latest open rsi kernel

goody5555

EXTRAFACTO
26-09-2012, 09:58 AM
not a owner of azbox...but well done...the info you provided i am sure will be of use to azbox owners should they develop same problem...

congrats

pr2
28-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi,

It is normal that the former azbox recovery procedure is no longer working since they change some Yamon parameters.

You need to type this line in Yamon in order to be able to boot old kernel (the one provider in the pack).

setxenv y.start "xrpc 0xac080090; load zbf 0xb3000000; go"

So the procedure is still valid but you need to type this in Yamon.

Remark:
To boot kernel 3.4.4 the value is:

setxenv y.start "dump romfs 0xac080000;load zbf 0xac080090; go"

Pr2

Carp95
02-10-2012, 09:09 AM
oh dear it stopped boo boo with open rsi loading on front screen in stead of booting loop
will not go into rescue mode no ip displayed dam dam
switched box off and back on still in open rsi booting loop

Well solution is "dead" simple:

- Power off
- Press and hold volume + button
- Power on

Now the box will boot in resque mode and you can use Azup 2.2.6 to flash new new image

( Did 2 Premiums yesterday evening and indeed after update box boots into OpenRSI loading on display )

gorgeit
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Well solution is "dead" simple:

- Power off
- Press and hold volume + button
- Power on

Now the box will boot in resque mode and you can use Azup 2.2.6 to flash new new image

( Did 2 Premiums yesterday evening and indeed after update box boots into OpenRSI loading on display )

not here it wont tried it several times .
fixed using yamon before this time i have
the zboot fail . end od story

goody5555
04-10-2012, 10:27 PM
not here it wont tried it several times .
fixed using yamon before this time i have
the zboot fail . end od story

yes the pressing the + button did not work for me that's why i had to use the methods i have posted to find ip addy then use azup to put box in rescue mode

gorgeit
05-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Im using xp 32 putty 64 wont load so im on normal putty .
Expand on how you do it , do you hit control c before the error codes start ,
Ive done the usb tt thing manys times but now it just come up with fail zboot(1)
I dont get and error code of fs . Do you hit ctl c as soon has putty opens ive tried it
With out success .

goody5555
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Im using xp 32 putty 64 wont load so im on normal putty .
Expand on how you do it , do you hit control c before the error codes start ,
Ive done the usb tt thing manys times but now it just come up with fail zboot(1)
I dont get and error code of fs . Do you hit ctl c as soon has putty opens ive tried it
With out success .

if you are using win 7 64 bit you need to use putty 64 as control +c don't work uninstall putty and install putty 64
also try the files i used as the ones in the tut did not work and gave me the same results as you zboot (1)fail
you need to get putty 64 working to break into yarmon or you wasting your time