PDA

View Full Version : satelitte in bedroom question please.

les127
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
hi ive just bought a technomate 5402 hd box as my spider broke.i have it installed downstairs in the living room and all is fine,no probs,but was wondering how i can receive it in the bedroom upstairs i currently cs,and was wanting to basically know if its possible to do and if so how do i do it,thanks

daan
07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
hi ive just bought a technomate 5402 hd box as my spider broke.i have it installed downstairs in the living room and all is fine,no probs,but was wondering how i can receive it in the bedroom upstairs i currently cs,and was wanting to basically know if its possible to do and if so how do i do it,thanks

use audio video sender

captainglassback
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Daan's suggestion is best ... but if there is a problem with that..... a coax cable between the 2 stbs BUT you lose HD quality and stereo but the signal is reliable! You might then also want the Powermid XS to handle the RCUs. (Another consideration for my vintage suggestion .....Not all stbs these days have RF in RF out. Don't know about that particular TM).

echelon
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I thought that the tm5402 had an rf modulator output on an rf aerial output socket ? (like the spiderbox 9000 has)

if it does, then simply use that to tune in any analogue tv over a coaxial feed on the rf channel located between ch21 and ch69

if it hasnt, you can use an rf modulator games adapter to change from phono or scart to rf, or use an old vcr to do it

none of these solutions allow you to change channels from the remote location, but there are adapters that use the magic eye system to do that, or use marmitek pyramids to change the channels over

all of this has been discussed on the forum in the past (except maybe the rf channel aspect of a tm5402), and in any case this thread is in the wrong place so moving it to the tm5000 section where it belongs

les127
07-10-2012, 10:41 AM
thanks guy for your great advice