PDA

View Full Version : TomTom Android v1.0 Europe

traveller
08-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi all,
This TT's first Android app and covers the whole of Europe. You will need 3.4gb of spare space on your phone or SD card. Also give yourself a couple of hours for the download and install.

zola25
09-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for this works fine on my arc s running ICS

traveller
09-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I do think they will have to update it sometime as it even hangs on my Samsung SIII at odd times. Still this one is free, Play wants £49 for it.

dog-man
09-10-2012, 07:53 PM
I will test it over the next few days when walking around Blackpool.

dog-man

noff
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Is it an apk in the rar.

Do I just put the apk in the phone and then it downloads the 3gb of files?

Also on the play site it says that this app is not compatible with my oneX. Is that just tomtom being awkward

traveller
09-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Is it an apk in the rar.

Do I just put the apk in the phone and then it downloads the 3gb of files?

Also on the play site it says that this app is not compatible with my oneX. Is that just tomtom being awkward

Yes it's an APK file but I have to RAR it as APK isn't a file we can load here. So un-rar, load, say in the root of your SD card so you can find it. Open and then it will go and download the European map. As I said in the first post be aware of space and time. Try it and see if it will work on your phone as I don't see why it wont work.

noff
09-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Ok will try this as soon as my main pc is back online and will report back to tell everyone if its working on the OneX.

It is reported in most of the press that this release of Tom Tom doesn't support the "top end" devices, ie; OneX and S3

dog-man
09-10-2012, 09:29 PM
It works on my SGSII.

Will test in Blackpool.

dog-man

manhatten
10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Works fine on my Huawei Ascend G 300

Thank You

traveller
10-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok will try this as soon as my main pc is back online and will report back to tell everyone if its working on the OneX.

It is reported in most of the press that this release of Tom Tom doesn't support the "top end" devices, ie; OneX and S3

As I said it works on my S3, a bit laggy, it's V1 after all.

holmroad
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Works fine on my Huawei Ascend G 300

Thank You

I also have your phone mate - how EXACTLY did you download it to your mobile - off the mobile via google etc or via USB etc please>:respect-051:

eddman
11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm currently using a HTC HD2 phone with a custom android rom running from the sd card which is the jelly bean version. All other apps on there works fine but when I install tomtom it cannot connect to the tomtom server and just says can't connect to tomtom, try again or exit. Do you think its because I'm using jelly bean which its not agreeing with and it may work if I install the ice cream sandwich rom instead.

manhatten
11-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I also have your phone mate - how EXACTLY did you download it to your mobile - off the mobile via google etc or via USB etc please>:respect-051:

Place the .apk file anywhere on the phone with your computer Then install with a file manager It will then ask to download 3.6 gig via your wifi takes a long time you need it near the router, My phone is rooted.

rabbitseggs
11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi
First can I say I am a complete novice at this. I have downloaded the tomtom file to my computer. Using Samsung Kies I have tried to load tomtom from my computer onto my Samsung Galaxy Ace (Android2.2.3). However I get the message "TomTom ****** V1.0.apk has a file form that cannot be played". Is this TomTom not compatable with my phone or am I not following the correct procedure. Any step by step help would be greatfully received.

rickt
11-10-2012, 04:38 PM
............................."However I get the message "TomTom ****** V1.0.apk has a file form that cannot be played"

Your not trying to open the file are you ? . You need to use the file manager , locate to the .apk and hit the file . I have just installed it on my tablet [Commtiva N700, Android Froyo [2.2] ] putting the .apk file on the TF card , it installed no problem , then went on-line to get the map file [3.31GB].I made the mistake of transfering the program to the TF card , then the program wouldn't work . I put the program back onto the tablet/phone and it's fully working .The map downloads directly onto the TF card automatically.

many thanks for the software , great .

manhatten
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Just done a journey today and it is working great, Perhaps we may get speed cam files later,

rabbitseggs
11-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks rickt
I did most things wrong. However i installed the programme onto the sd card, put it back into the phone and then downloaded the apps installation application. TomTom installed right away and then asked if I wanted to install the maps. Now running fine.

traveller
11-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Ok everyone. If you have rooted your phone I have three more SatNavs ( Co Pilot Europe, Navigon Europe and Ndrive UK/Ireland) as you need Lucky Patcher for them to work, Interested ? As I dont want to waste anyones time.

traveller
11-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Just done a journey today and it is working great, Perhaps we may get speed cam files later,

You can subscribe to Traffic and cameras if you want through the prog, but then you may show up in some database not sure if it's worth it.

rickt
11-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I got hold of iGOMyWay for Android last year and put it straight onto my tablet when I bought it , works perfectly , came with a good selection of of maps too.Tablet isn't rooted .
But ,it's too big to upload and I dont think it's available on the upload site anymore .But ,I'll check later .

iGOMyWay for Android + Maps
Complete GPS Navigation in 3D

Albania-Andorra-Austria-Belarus-Belgium-Bosnia_and_Herzegovina-Bulgaria-
Croatia-Czech_Republic-Denmark-Estonia-Finland-France-Germany-Gibraltar-
Greece-Hungary-Ireland-Italy-Latvia-Lithuania-Luxembourg-Malta-Moldova-Monaco-
Montenegro-Netherlands-Norway-Poland-Portugal-Romania-San_Marino-Serbia-
Slovakia-Slovenia-Spain-Sweden-Switzerland-Turkey-Ukraine-United_Kingdom-
Vatican

eddman
12-10-2012, 06:28 AM
@Traveller

I'm also using copilot version 8.2.0.218 with the western european map on it. If you have a more updated map that would be great. I still can't connect to tomtom's server for some reason, my HTC HD2 was plugged into the mains, had the wifi on and the usual mobile network on but still no joy. Seems like no one has an answer for this problem.:confused:

traveller
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
@Traveller

I'm also using copilot version 8.2.0.218 with the western european map on it. If you have a more updated map that would be great. I still can't connect to tomtom's server for some reason, my HTC HD2 was plugged into the mains, had the wifi on and the usual mobile network on but still no joy. Seems like no one has an answer for this problem.:confused:

Sorry m8 I have no idea why it won't work. May be uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

eddman
13-10-2012, 07:52 AM
@traveller
Do you think if somebody uploads the map and places it on a share site somewhere to download it might work? If anyone has similar issues with their phones this method of obtaining the maps might be the answer. I have tomtom running on windows 6.5 from my HTC HD2 and download the maps from different sites with no problems. I'm sure as the android versions progress maps maybe downloaded like the windows version. I will look around and see if there are any separate maps for tomtom android, if not I will wait until things progress.

holmroad
13-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Hi mate, I loaded the unzipped (rared!) apk file to my sd card - so how do I then 'see' it on my Huwei Ascend G300?
All I see on my sd card via file manager etc are the 'img' photos I've taken!
I have also sent winrar file as an attachment to myself via a*l email - but its struggling to open that rar file too - so stumped at moment!
Help!:confused:

PS: I later loaded the winrar file to my Huawei Ascend G300 SD card - and its loading ok!
Thanks again guys!:respect-067:

holmroad
14-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks rickt
I did most things wrong. However i installed the programme onto the sd card, put it back into the phone and then downloaded the apps installation application. TomTom installed right away and then asked if I wanted to install the maps. Now running fine.

I did all that vmate, found it was nicely displaying my home area - then went on to the usuall T/T instructions, 'set route' etc - all fine!
However I went out of the app - and now when I go into look for it, I cant find it anywhere on my Huewi Ascend 300G phone anywhere!
Where SHOULD it be please anyone?
Maybe for some reason its not saved it properly - after over 2 hours of d/l!!:confused:

dog-man
14-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I couldn't trial it whilst at blackpool as it rained every day and we were on foot.

I did give it a go whilst on the train coming back home. I set the route as normal and it kept recalculating the route as the train moved and gave spoken directions complete with road numbers so it looks like it works fine.

dog-man

holmroad
14-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I still find it weird that after 'apparently' installing both software AND maps during the whole two hour installation period, that once I went out of the 'normal' TomTom displays, back into the 'normal' part of phone (Huewei Ascend G300) there is no sign of it as an App - which I had been expecting!
So, assuming it really DID 'totally' install properly, how do I now select the T/T app, when its nowhere to be seen alongside all the other apps in my phone?
Do I really now have to go back in and re-do the whole installation, in case I missed a 'save' option somewhere along the line - maybe right at the end?:confused:

noff
15-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I still find it weird that after 'apparently' installing both software AND maps during the whole two hour installation period, that once I went out of the 'normal' TomTom displays, back into the 'normal' part of phone (Huewei Ascend G300) there is no sign of it as an App - which I had been expecting!
So, assuming it really DID 'totally' install properly, how do I now select the T/T app, when its nowhere to be seen alongside all the other apps in my phone?
Do I really now have to go back in and re-do the whole installation, in case I missed a 'save' option somewhere along the line - maybe right at the end?:confused:

In your apps look for the name of the map, not tomtom. I think its under w.euerope or europe, so in the w' or e's not in the t' if looking alphabetically

holmroad
15-10-2012, 10:57 PM
In your apps look for the name of the map, not tomtom. I think its under w.euerope or europe, so in the w' or e's not in the t' if looking alphabetically

Thank you mate, I had found it in the end under 'Europe' - cant believe how stupid I seem!! lol!!
Thanks again all - its a brilliant download!:number-one-043:

holmroad
16-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Is there any way of absorbing the latest Safety Camera file etc into this Android 'maps' file please?:respect-069:

traveller
19-10-2012, 09:05 AM
@Traveller

Hi are you rooted? if so I have Copilot 9.3.0.173 full Europe. Lucky patcher is required to get it working. This is the one I use along side my subscribed TT Live IQ. The Copilots traffic is not a patch on TT live though.

cromwell
19-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks m8, put it on my samsung ace, by sd card, installed it, but get a message , unable to connect to tomtom, try again later ? is this right ?

dog-man
19-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I think TomTom may have blocked this app.

I just tried to install it on my Motorola Xoom and get the same message about being unable to connect.

I suppose there could be a problem at tomtoms end it will be fixed, but I think it has been blocked.

At least I have it on my SGSII.

dog-man

eddman
20-10-2012, 09:14 AM
@traveller
I don't think its rooted, my android rom is running from the sd card. But I'll give it a try. Also tomtom may have blocked their app from my phone that's why I can't connect. Other members here are having the same problem so I'm not alone. Never mind, at least I've got tomtom running on my windows side of my phone.

scallywag
21-10-2012, 08:55 PM
My mate dl'd it last Thursday on SSG2. Worked fine then.

noff
22-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Yea just tried installing again on onex and am getting unable to connect, think it may have been blocked

dog-man
22-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Me too on my Xoom.

Luckily, I managed to install it on my SGSII before they possibly have blocked it.

dog-man

holmroad
09-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I did mine before all the recent probs opening it and it worked pefectly for a while - but now I too cannot open it on my Huawei Ascend G300 either - it states 'unable to connect'!:frown:

dog-man
09-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Mine is still working as it doesn't connect to Tom Tom as far as I know.
I downloaded all the maps I wanted when I installed it.

dog-man

holmroad
11-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Mine is still working as it doesn't connect to Tom Tom as far as I know.
I downloaded all the maps I wanted when I installed it.

dog-man

Well mine CERTAINLY used to connect to TomTom before - and it says it cannot connect any more - 'retry'?!:respect-050:

manhatten
11-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Well mine CERTAINLY used to connect to TomTom before - and it says it cannot connect any more - 'retry'?!:respect-050:

You have already stated that you put ICS on your Huawei Ascend G300 thats could be why it is not working,
TomTom android is working fine on my Huawei Ascend G300 I did not load ICS on mine.

dog-man
12-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Just tried it and the licence has been blacklisted.

dog-man

holmroad
12-11-2012, 01:13 PM
You have already stated that you put ICS on your Huawei Ascend G300 thats could be why it is not working,
TomTom android is working fine on my Huawei Ascend G300 I did not load ICS on mine.

Yes, but wonder why THAT would make any difference?
What a pain if thats so, all I was trying to do was to get SlyGo to work as it allegedly should have done using Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Gingerbread - and NEITHER work!!:redface:

manukite
29-11-2012, 12:37 AM
anche a me dice connettersi come possiamo risolvere ragazzi?? sul mio galaxy note 2 !! grazie tanto

holmroad
30-11-2012, 11:26 PM
anche a me dice connettersi come possiamo risolvere ragazzi?? sul mio galaxy note 2 !! grazie tanto

Eh???

In English on this forum please mate!:seeya: