PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox memory

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Does anyone have a problem with memory on the spiderbox? when I scan for new channels I get signal but because there's no room I dont get the channels and have to delete some channels to make room

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
the spiderbox has a finite number of channels and a finite number of transponders it can hold, same as with most boxes

so if yours are full its hardly surprising is it ? and yes everyone with a spiderbox is governed by that same constraint

you would get the same effect by filling your kettle to the brim ! ;)

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:08 PM
the spiderbox has a finite number of channels and a finite number of transponders it can hold, same as with most boxes

so if yours are full its hardly surprising is it ? and yes everyone with a spiderbox is governed by that same constraint

can I store channels on a memory stick to make more room?

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
can I store channels on a memory stick to make more room?

no m8

have a read of your manual under specifications - system and memory

10000 channels is the maximum , (and its something like 800 transponders I think)

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Also when I deleted favourite channels from channel manager to make room they went altogether and I had to rescan, do you know how to delete without that happening?

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Also when I deleted favourite channels from channel manager to make room they went altogether and I had to rescan, do you know how to delete without that happening?

access the favourite genre first, then select and delete the channels, this only deletes from the fav section and not the ALL section

if you are in ALL , it completely deletes the channel or channels you select from both ALL and from FAVS

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
access the favourite genre first, then select and delete the channels, this only deletes from the fav section and not the ALL section

if you are in ALL , it completely deletes the channel or channels you select from both ALL and from FAVS

Thanks mate you know your stuff :bow-004:

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:19 PM
all this talk about rescanning is c**p because all you actually do is reload your backup that you made before starting the edit ;)

obviously this involves spending about 10 seconds to make a BACKUP of the channel data BEFORE starting your edit ;)

anyone who has 10000 channels in their spiderbox has some serious issues with dead channels , or dead transponders , or both

my list contains something like 5200 tv channels which is about half the maximum allowed (plus radio channels)

you probably have a load of unused or dead radio channels in your list too

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I just feel im not getting what I paid for with my spiderbox because im still learning how to use it properly :rolleyes:

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes I have alot of dead/un used ones

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
in that case its better to have 5000 quality channels, and get the best fta channels , the softcam channels , and the g*ft channels

then you look into cs for the others

the above applies to any box except most boxes have no g*ft channels so need cs or some other extra

good housekeeping will prevent issues like you asked about, better to cram less in but have the best ones available

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
You think it would be a good idea to wipe all channels and just manually scan ones I frequently use?

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
either that, or start with a good list like mine or billybits, and then manually scan anything missing

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I tried billy bits before but the channels wouldn't work as my spiderbox has different positions set for motor and what not

echelon
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
well, if you load anybody elses channel list you may have to alter the usals or motor settings, thats the price you pay for having a premade list, so you either spend the time sorting out your own list, or load somebody elses and spend the time sorting out the motor settings, then save to usb stick once done

shhtvison
10-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Ok mate thanks for your time