PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Updating the GO Classic for Dummies

twest03
21-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I need to update the map on my old Go Classic (4D00.001), i have tried following several tutorials on here but got in a muddle so i was wondering if there is a guide for dummies as i cant apear to get it to work, i am sure it is something silly i am doing :confused:

I have updated the device several times on Home as recomended and is as follows:

Device ID: AK3AN A2GSS

APP : 7.903 (9183/081205

GPS : V1.21

Boot : 4.8600

Map : Great Britain V390

Navcore : 7.903

I have also got a larger SD card (2GB), not sure if i got the right map and what to put on the card

I would be greatful if anybody can help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

T. :respect-054:

DARTFORD
25-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi, all the guides are here on the forum, unfortunately it is quite difficult to do for the first time, once you have mastered it, it isn't too hard to do,

First thing to do if you are plugging the Tomtom in to the pc is to patch the Tomtom home software, if you don't do that the rest won't work, but in order to do this you must operate the Tomtom via the home software, this causes a file to be created on your PC, this is the file that needs patching, however now the home software needs the version number to be fooled in to not updating, the latest version of home is bust for patching. Again it is do***ented here.

Once this has been done, don't upgrade any software on the Tomtom and make sure you back up the device, including another copy of the Tomtom unit copied elsewhere, away from all you Tomtom folders.

Then patch the Tom TT file on the device. Next copy a map from here and patch it.

Might be worth reading though all the posts here and printing off the important ones for reference

Dave

twest03
27-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Can anybody help

Russell1
27-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Have you patched the ttsystem file ?
Any error messages when you tried to activate the map ?
Which guides have you tried using & what problems have you had ?
Also need the full map name & full version number.