PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Auto switch possible!

diarmuid
23-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I have an HDMI three input one output switch that requires me to get off my behind and click the button to move from position one to two or three! Is it possible to get a switch that will automatically change from one source to the other and display it on the tv?

Regards

Diarmuid

JOE.MADDISON
23-10-2012, 11:08 PM
you can buy auto switching units and remote controlled units are also available

diarmuid
23-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Tks Joe. I thought I had bought an auto switching unit but it turns out to be manual although the blurb said auto switching! It cost a fiver so no big deal I camn always use it in other setups. But I wanted a unit that would recognise the change of receiver input and display accordingly. The word auto is thrown about quite freely!

I'll look up a truly genuine automatic switch and see how I get on.

Regards

Diarmuid

Hamrag1
24-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi - I had the same problem and found this on ******* - Neet 3 WAY hub/splitter/switcher HDTV★HDMI AUTO SWITCH It switches automatically to the the first input item switched on, but also can be switched manually if required. I am running my Sat Rx, A HDDVD recorder, and a HD Home Theatre system into it and it's working great

diarmuid
24-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks Hamrag. The bit that I'd like clarification on is "it switches automatically to the first input switched on." If I connect three boxes to the unit and all are live, switched on all the time, presumably the unit will default to one of the boxes and I will be back to getting up to hit the switch manually. Maybe I need a remote control unit?

Regards

Diarmuid

maurice
24-10-2012, 10:33 PM
There are remote ones from a well known Electrical store that begins with M, they sell 3 or 5 output and come with a little flat remote.

diarmuid
25-10-2012, 12:04 AM
There are remote ones from a well known Electrical store that begins with M, they sell 3 or 5 output and come with a little flat remote.

Tks Maurice. I had a look and that shop is a long distance from me but I could get them via post.

Regards

Diarmuid

Hamrag1
25-10-2012, 09:58 AM
@diarmuid, Perhaps I should clarify my previous post - All the devices I have connected to the box are initially in 'Stand -By', so the first to be switched on from Standby is connected automatically to the TV HDMI Socket. No remote is supplied. but each input has a adjacent press switch if required. I have attached the relevant part of the Instruction Leaflet.

diarmuid
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks Hamrag.

I am going to consider a more expensive option! It's time to consider replacing my old tv. So I'll be asking questions in a new thread on Smart TVs!

Regards

Diarmuid

Detlef
02-11-2012, 01:30 AM
All the devices I have connected to the box are initially in 'Stand -By', so the first to be switched on from Standby is connected automatically to the TV HDMI Socket.

If you put them all back to standby again then switch on the one you now want to watch, what happens ?

That is how the cheap SCART switches used to work.

Hamrag1
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
If you put them all back to standby again then switch on the one you now want to watch, what happens ?

That is how the cheap SCART switches used to work.

My set-up is as so - TV - Sony KDL 40V2500: Sony DAV - DZ630: Sony RDR-HXD710: Technomate 6900HD, and an Optoma HDMI projector.
The projector is connected to HDMI AV4 on the TV, and the HDMI switch to HDMI AV 5 on the TV.

Switching is as so -

All in Stand By -
DAV on DAV Selected
RDR on DAV Selected
DAV off RDR Selected
Tech 6900 on RDR Selected
RDR off Tech 6900 Selected

All in Stand By -
RDR on RDR Selected
DAV on DAV Selected
Tech 6900 on DAV Selected
DAV off Tech 6900 Selected

All in stand by -
Tech 6900 on Tech 6900 Selected
RDR on Tech 6900 Selected
DAV on DAV Selected

Hope that explains the switching parameters Note: The DAV appears to be the 'Master'