PDA

View Full Version : Adding speed camera files?

dafydd
30-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Having put tt 7.910 onto my F&H 3.5" last night, I have got the taste for this!

I have had this unit for several years but the original battery was cr*p, so I bought a battery of the same physical size and "cobbled" it into the unit. As a result the sensitivity improved - I assume that the original battery voltage was low even when on charge.

(Lithium batteries are scrap if they ever become completely discharged - they have a "switch" which disconnects them at a minimum voltage, but if not charged will very slowly continue to discharge. So, if not in use they need to be charged at regular intervals.)

Now I would like to put a speed camera file. Does this go into the map folder on the card and do I activate with BBS using the **** file in the same way as the maps?

What is the latest camera file available? It does not need to be particularly new - cameras rarely change in my neck of the woods.

Thanks in anticipation,
dafydd.

echelon
30-10-2012, 01:13 PM
they go into the map folder, and no activation is required for the speed camera files , just the maps

so just copy the camera files into the map folder on the sdcard

the last ones posted on here are about 12 months old

dafydd
30-10-2012, 03:33 PM
echelon,

Many thanks for the lightning fast reply.

Job done!

regards,
dafydd.

sparky_dog
30-10-2012, 04:37 PM
If you use the up to date official tomtom ones, they need activating. I use fast activate, works for me.

echelon
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
new zoned cameras here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?159029-UK-Zoned-Speed-Camera-Files-24-10-12

not tried them yet

sparky_dog
02-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Those ones are better than the TT ones, you can add the .ogg files which announce the camera and the speed limit. Great stuff.

manyaonisland
16-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Hello
I cannot see .ogg files there all are .ov2 files. do you intend to mean ov2?

sparky_dog
16-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Hello
I cannot see .ogg files there all are .ov2 files. do you intend to mean ov2?

No, you have to add the .ogg audio files yourself. Add with the cam files, then enable each warning and required distance from Change preferences/Manage POIs/Warn when near POIs menu option.

These don't come with the speedcam files, you have to find them elsewhere - there are various different sets about, but these are the ones I used...