PDA

View Full Version : need help again

jacko1970
01-11-2012, 09:17 PM
right staying with stock ice firmware for now loaded a sly tv channel list from here but cant move channels i want the put itv 1 hd from channel number 1039 to itv 1 channel number 103 but i have read the manual instructions relating to using service list manager and the move option but cant do it does anyone know how to do it or a easier way it can be done please i have now tried polaredit by exporting my channel list from my box but it dont do both tuners only one help
also on most channels i have to turn subtitles off each time

ok figured polaredit out so that problem is sorted can you get the epg to download all channels or must the do all by epg express button which only does 6 at a time

sorry i have a ice s4000

blakmumba
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Service List Manager - Choose 'Move Services', press 'OK' then choose channel you want to move, press 'OK' (the channel moves into right hand box under 'Selected Services', press up/down until you reach to your desired position (in your case 103) and press 'Green'.

Polar Edit - (dont really understand what yr trying to do, move channels, assign tuners etc??) To assign same tuners choose the channel or select 'Select All' and right click and choose 'assign tuner' select 'both'. (that's on top of my head but on them lines).

Subtitles - Press the key on the left of number '0' and select 'Off'.

Hope that answered ALL yr questions :)

blakmumba
01-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Depends what firmware yr using but I know for SURE the ice dosent download epg for all channels. If yr using new firmware choose 'background epg download' or if not just do what the rest of us do, use express download (6 at a time) or a tv guide.

jacko1970
01-11-2012, 09:56 PM
cheers for reply i sorted the moving channels i done it in polaredit then sent new settings to box easy when you know how lol about the subtitles i now how to turn them off but they seem to be on by default and have to turn off on each channel change.also what firmware does background epg start please i like this box now little glitchy sometimes if they sort that i will love it.it does the bit more that i wanted for a downstairs main box that my now upstairs open x3 box doesn't

one last thing on the plugin page there is a download (blue button)is there a server id and password to put in there as mine is blank

cheers
jason

blakmumba
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Background epg starts from .67. The download in plugins has never worked for me and I don't even think it does work (like the DM's). ColdAsIce usually 'well does' have the latest ice bundle packs so I usually stick with him.

jacko1970
01-11-2012, 10:12 PM
im still on .32 been to .67 but my nline channels glitch a bit to much so im stuck on .32 at mo and possible forever lol

blakmumba
01-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Yep that's been do***ented by others too. On a side note, when installing .67 make sure you install the relevant plugins posted by Cold to ensure stable (well sort off) running.

DARTFORD
01-11-2012, 11:22 PM
I use DrEditHD to edit, the paid version, it works well, but I always have to turn the subtitle off again when loading the channel list back to the box

blakmumba
01-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Menu -> Language Settings -> Subtitle Language OFF & Subtitle Language 2 OFF.
Th above will turn off subs ;)

jacko1970
02-11-2012, 12:07 AM
cheers again where is the option for download in background in firmware .67

blakmumba
02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
There is no option. Put ice into standby (ensure Power Saving In Standby is OFF) and leave it for 2-3mins and power back up, press epg and enjoy somewat lol. FW.11.7 has the background download option which enables you too switch on/off.

jacko1970
02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
cheers do you know the best combination for firmware and plugin for nline that glitches the less sorry for all the question

blakmumba
02-11-2012, 12:38 AM
cheers do you know the best combination for firmware and plugin for nline that glitches the less sorry for all the question
There is no combination to be honest. Download the plugin pack that is released days/weeks after the release date off the firmware yr using. If you head over to the plugin section, ColdAsIce has gone through the trouble off mentioning which firmware each pack should be used with!!. Also either switch off Timeshift or switch too manual which should help with the glitches.

jacko1970
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
cheers