PDA

View Full Version : Firmware V1.11.16 for the S4000

ColdAsICE
12-11-2012, 03:50 PM
This is the latest firmware release for the Icecrypt S4000 model.

It does not contain any EPG improvements but it does have many stability corrections.
Let me know how you find it.

Release details:

--> Standby function changes :
--> 1 x Power Button Normal Standby
--> 2 x Power Button Deep Standby
--> Auto Deep Standby disabled ! (removed)
--> Menu - Configuration - A/V Output Setting : Power Saving in Standby Mode :OFF : normal Standby, ON : Deep Standby
--> EPG improved
--> Slomotion function improved (Start with << **** Button, Stop with Play Button)
--> Auto Power off improved during Recording :
--> After 1 Min . Auto Power off when finished recording
--> Overlap Timer-Recordings without Pause
--> Blindscan & Auto Search function improved
--> Auto Find function improved :
--> Service Search : Auto Find with RED Button
--> Upgraded Icon menu : Shortcut 2nd version.(New Icon and Style is adapted)
--> Audio Language fixed
--> Timeshift bug fixed
--> fixed “slow, freezing, and hang-up” matters
--> Many hangup points fixed

buck401
13-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Tried to load this from a USB but froze on Error xxx. Used Porter Express to clean the flash and loaded OK
Generally this f/w is more responsive to commands but now and again is slow to change mode or channel.
It kept getting stuck at the end of bootup until I updated my plugins (Mcas + N**cam). I`m using Loader 1.54
File moving and deletion OK. File sort on yellow button OK.
EPG only auto populates on Standby function (cue for ritual moan at no seven day programme synopsis!)
Watched 20 minutes of HD scrambled film recorded overnight. I got the impression that there were less glitches than usual, particularly on sound.
Not planning yet to revert to .32

jacko1970
15-11-2012, 10:54 PM
buck what do you mean epg updates in standby i have pressed the epg then fav then set
epg time scale 4.00
start mhw epg auto off
save epg data hard drive
standby mode epg on

i put it in standby but dont seem to populate epg am i not doing something i have the firmware on a ice s4000
and standby mode is off in config page

buck401
15-11-2012, 11:18 PM
First I populated a page of six channels with the 7 day express epg programmes then fav then selected save epg to hard drive>OK>exit to TV picture>
into shallow standby. Leave for 5 or 10 minutes and it will start to populate the rest of the channels.Eventually it will do them all.
Good luck

jacko1970
16-11-2012, 12:47 AM
cheers shallow standby is where you press once then when you press again the channel comes back on yes

blakmumba
16-11-2012, 11:34 PM
As usual, installed everything via porter (rather be safe the 1st time) and gave it a 3 day spin. Have to say this is 'to my knowledge' the best firmware they have produced this far. Managed timeshift, program recording and watching a previously recorded program simultaneously with no problems (have upgraded my hard drive so maybe the reason it's working as good?). Haven't experienced a hard lockup yet (got the feeling I've just jinxed myself).
Honestly readers, if u haven't tried this firmware I suggest you give it ago as its finally making my ice worthwhile & has finally put an HALF a smile on my face (too many painful memories with my ice to be forgiven so quick).

Problems noticed are as follows..

(this 1 is slightly hard to explain so bear with me)
Fast forwarding and rewinding a previously recorded program 'jumps' scenes and not smooth continuous forwarding/rewinding motion (hope that makes sense) - This was not an issue in the previous firmware so has gone wrong in this firmware & is major annoying.

EPG - nothing new (read buck401's post above; tnx buck :)),

Icon Menu - Honestly who came up with this 'new layout'. It's rediculous & gives the feel of an cheap box (like my openbox, ggg hd). I really don't know what they were smoking when they designed this. ColdAsIce; PLEASE could you kindly ask our Korean friends 'if' they could re-introduce the icon menu used in firmware .32 as that 'for me' was perfect in all aspect (any1 else agree?). It would be greatly appreciated :).

Still experience slow motion playback; live pic jumps continuously with audio hiccuping, only cure to switch channel and back or into menu and back (do***ented previously). Only on occasions but not as frequent.

Overall, our Korean friends are finally getting somewhere and I 'hope' they don't mess the next firmware up. Use this as your base image :)

ColdAsIce, keep em coming.

Sent from my iPhone

joe2419
17-11-2012, 09:09 AM
put this on my dynavision 9000hdpvr but network keeps saying wrong mac address any ideas,

satnoobie
17-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi all been using this for a few days and fully agree with blakmumba. This is definitely the best firmware I have tried.

However I do occasionally get the slow motion which always results in a freeze cannot change channel or do anything I have to reboot the box and this usually results in a loss of epg data previously stored.

I dont seem to have a problem with fast forward or rewind on recordings.

One problem blakmumba had with the previous firmware was the fdu list problem I noticed that you overcame this. I have this same problem and would really appreciate your help, it would be nice to edit my channel list on the pc again.

Whilst typing this a recording I had playing went into slow motion I fast forwarded and its now ok ?

blakmumba
17-11-2012, 01:21 PM
@ satnoobie, my forwading/rewinding is working but not in a smooth action, its jumps frames (like 10-15 sec's apart) maybe because i've got timeshift also running? I've also had the recording issue go into slow mo but only on the previous firmware and to overcome, I just exited to a live channel and then back into the recorded prog choosing 'continue playback'.

Regarding the fdu, I ftp'd it across using polar edit as this was the only solution that worked. Just remember this - When prompted, click 'reboot octagon', once it's rebooted do NOT power on but switch ice off from rear and back on again and then all good to go. If you by mistake do power on ice after the reboot, the ice will hard lock.

satnoobie
17-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi blakmumba. Thanks for your speedy reply I have not used polar edit will have to give it a whirl, been using DrEdit till now.

Regarding forward and rewind via the buttons at the top then it doesnt seem smooth when I turned timeshift on but ok with it turned off, but scanning seems ok wether timeshift is on or off.

Thanks again for your help very much appreciated.

blakmumba
17-11-2012, 02:29 PM
@satnoobie, what I've also noticed is that if you dismount your internal hard drive via storage manager and then transfer the fdu list via usb this also works and obviously is much quicker :)

Quick question. What do you mean by scanning?

JaapS
18-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello there, since your reviews looked promising I decided to upgrade.

Must say playback of recordings and epg are good but the timeshift function on scrambled channels is not working at all, fta channels do work fine.
Disabling internal card reader doesn't help, does any of you have any tips? (maybe I misconfigured?)

edit: recordings do not work with scrambled channels also.
When pressing pause or rec I see in the oscam output: dvbapi: overtake: clear pid: 0 so something is happening with the decoding which ends up in an undecoded recording.

blakmumba
18-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Haven't experienced any off those probs u'v mentioned. Maybe a bad flash? or use flash cleaner? or plugins? (hopefully ColdAsIce can shed some light).

JaapS
18-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Flash went fine and I started clean.
It looks to me that it has something to do with the API change, what other cccam compatible client can I use instead of my oscam builds?
I did try mgcamd.sh4 with the same result, perfect picture but recordings and timeshifts are scrambled. (I presume)
Must say that my mgcamd is quite old, think 1.35 so it's made for older API also...

blakmumba
18-11-2012, 07:26 PM
@Jaaps, I'm using the latest ice plugin bundle posted by ColdAsIce in the plugins section & with the odd glitch now again, it's working great. Can't remember the exact version as mes****ng of iPhone but bottom off the 'ice plugin bundle' page, use the 1 that mentions s4000 (think its August version or October version) & not the November version as that's made for every other model but the s4000 (I still tried it but unwatchable due to constant freezing/glitching).

Edit.. The version I'm using is 04082012. Link below...

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?154030-Icecam-Plugin-bundle

JaapS
18-11-2012, 07:38 PM
OK, thank you, will try it to see if it makes a difference...

edit: this works!
I only copied the Xcam* stuff, cardclient.conf and the font file, only tested one minute of time shift but that seems to work.

This does indeed seem like an API change, will test this a bit more and then ring the bell at the oscam devs...

Thank you M8!

blakmumba
18-11-2012, 08:23 PM
edit: this works!
I only copied the Xcam* stuff, cardclient.conf and the font file, only tested one minute of time shift but that seems to work.

This does indeed seem like an API change, will test this a bit more and then ring the bell at the oscam devs...

Thank you M8!
No probs. I also only use the stuff thats needed. Glad u got it sorted.

All credit goes to ColdAsIce for uploading the files and same for the developers.

satnoobie
19-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Hi blakmumba sorry about the late reply. By scanning I mean using the arrow buttons either side of the ok button, not sure if thats the right term.

On another issue the other night I experienced what I thought was a dead pixel on my TV much to my relief turned out to be the icecrypt after a reboot the dead pixel had gone I didnt think this was possible but much googling revealed it is something that can happen with any brand of receiver, so if anyone else notices a dead pixel it might just be this.

ColdAsICE
20-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Sorry Blakmumba but my experience of the Koreans developers is that they will never go back to previous versions of anything including GUI and Icons.
Once they have developed or moved onto something new it either stays thatt way or it evolves forward even if its introduction is a backward or buggy step.
Thats the reason why most S4000 users stuck to V1.10.32 until the very recent version addressed most of the bugs that the Koreans had introduced in the versions after it.
I cant see me asking them to change the new Icon menu back to a previous version will do anything.
They have told me that it was introduced to reduce the amount of Icons and short-cuts spread out over various pages.
Glad this version gets the general thumbs up, maybe its time to release it officially.

ColdAsICE
20-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Jaaps!
your report regarding the plugins is what I have mentioned previously.
Since the API layer upgrade is now implemented in the S4000 model as well as all the other models you will need to upgrade the plugins as well.
Please let us have the Oscam upgrade once you have it.

JaapS
20-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello Coldasice,

Can you get some info on what those API changes are?
Also if someone else is willing to double check my findings to rule out errors on my side.
I also posted some question in the octagon 1018 forum since they should have the same issue with oscam and 1.11.16.
I did check the pmt filename but don't see any differences in that, I really have no clue and without some double checks nothing to file a bug report in oscam regarding stapi...

blakmumba
20-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorry Blakmumba but my experience of the Koreans developers is that they will never go back to previous versions of anything including GUI and Icons.
Once they have developed or moved onto something new it either stays thatt way or it evolves forward even if its introduction is a backward or buggy step.
Thats the reason why most S4000 users stuck to V1.10.32 until the very recent version addressed most of the bugs that the Koreans had introduced in the versions after it.
I cant see me asking them to change the new Icon menu back to a previous version will do anything.
They have told me that it was introduced to reduce the amount of Icons and short-cuts spread out over various pages.
Glad this version gets the general thumbs up, maybe its time to release it officially.
Thanks for the heads up.

JaapS
21-11-2012, 07:20 AM
I found something else disturbing; when recording something I can only watch stuff on the same transponder like my settings are on "loop trough".
I don't think other users have that so I suspect something went wrong with the flash cleaning, will reinstall/setup next weekend to rule out any mistakes on my side...

On this firmware with the XcamClient all English HD channels are problematic, uttering, hanging etc. is this normal with XcamClient? (which is in fact a modified sasc-ng looking at the config file)

Also in the octagon forum V1.1.18 is available, any news that that one is coming to the Icecrypt as well?

echelon
21-11-2012, 09:46 AM

On this firmware with the XcamClient all English HD channels are problematic, uttering, hanging etc. is this normal with XcamClient?

(which is in fact a modified sasc-ng looking at the config file)

Also in the octagon forum V1.1.18 is available, any news that that one is coming to the Icecrypt as well?

I have always had that problem with XCAM and have said so on many occasions, not only that it has always affected none scrambled HD channels too (so may not even be xcam)

manikm gave the best advice here, sell it and get a dreambox , a vu or an extrend from goldwafers ;)

JaapS
21-11-2012, 06:02 PM
To be honest Echelon the 4000 has and still is a great box for me, there are firmware versions with trouble but for me as Dutch user/viewer the combination with oscam makes a stable and very well performing box, working EPG only 2 issues are playback of time shift/recordings with glitches/freezes/audio_sync occasionally and the not deleting of recordings. All of that seem to be solved with this latest version, pitty oscam didn't work out... ;-)

JaapS
21-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Can somebody confirm the existence of:
/tmp/pmt1_1.tmp (tuner 1)
/tmp/pmt2_1.tmp (tuner 2 if active and recording)
/tmp/pmt3_1.tmp (timeshift if active)
on 1.11.16, on my box they seem to be missing...

blakmumba
22-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Can somebody confirm the existence of:
/tmp/pmt1_1.tmp (tuner 1)
/tmp/pmt2_1.tmp (tuner 2 if active and recording)
/tmp/pmt3_1.tmp (timeshift if active)
on 1.11.16, on my box they seem to be missing...
Missing on mine

JaapS
22-11-2012, 12:58 PM
That is odd, in the octagon firmware 1.1.16/18 all files exist (I am told).
If you record something are all channels available for viewing? (not only the same transponder ones)
Maybe the icecrypt firmware version is crippled/bugged.

satnoobie
23-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Hi I just checked /tmp/pmt1_1.tmp exists on my box but not the other files also just tried recording and all channels are available to view whilst recording.

JaapS
23-11-2012, 06:38 AM
OK thank you for checking...

ColdAsICE
23-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Jaaps,
The twin recording/viewing issue is a known problem with Xcam, you've avoided these problems by using Oscam until now.
I dont think its a firmware issue as dual recordings on different transponders even different satellites is working here with V1.11.16.
Its easy to check using the PIP to view both tuners functioning together.

Gaza
26-11-2012, 07:14 PM
to watch and record using xcam using an account i used the kinkdink program cccam and entered it in standard format as per dream box and used the same account set out in the xcam format and this works it has for the last 2 years trouble with using the icecrypt 4000 in xcam the bandwidth is excessive causing the receiver to glitch and go out of sync about 4/5 times above normal band width very unstable now use in mgcamd with latest firmware brilliant
iam happy and so is my server

JaapS
26-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Which version of mgcamd are you using Gaza?

Gaza
26-11-2012, 08:22 PM
not to sure i have to do a mates one in the next couple of days ill let you know as i have to find the memory stick its on

JaapS
27-11-2012, 06:38 PM
@coldasice

After some extensive testing with both Icecrypt-1.11.16 and Octagon-1.11.18 firmwares I can only conclude the Icecrypt version is bugged, the Octagon version is working fine with oscam maybe you can get in touch with a bug report?

The pmt files are all created as they should, oscam is decrypting live, timeshift and recordings but all write actions to disk (timeshift and recordings) are saved encrypted despite oscam decoding them...

Gaza
28-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Which version of mgcamd are you using Gaza?

this is the file from Fatboys post and using the latest file still not 100% but getting there and in mgcamd well pleased that 2 done now loader L1.54

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?156361-NEW-MGCAMD-1-38a-Plugin-for-Icecrypt-Receivers

blakmumba
30-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Anyone else having playback probs with hd recordings?. Mine have started to major glitch/freeze and slow mo playback of video and audio which then jumps in video constantly with the audio out of sync making it unwatchable and also the epg synopsis has gone to only now and next.
This is weird as all was working great previously.
Anyone else?

JaapS
30-11-2012, 06:29 PM
None of those probs here...

blakmumba
30-11-2012, 06:33 PM
None of those probs here...
Thanks mate, appreciate the prompt reply. Thought it would be a prob on my end as all was working fine.
ps. Which client are you using? The xcam or the one posted by gaza?

JaapS
01-12-2012, 07:50 AM
mgcamd has hickups on Dutch cards so I fell back to Xcam.

Since the octagon version of the software functions fine with oscam I am going to try the Atevio also to see or it is an Icecrypt only bug or an Octagon only feature...

blakmumba
09-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Regarding the epg, I think it stores the prog sypnosis data or *tries* too within the onboard ram of the ice or the ice firmware/software 'should' be telling it where to look to locate the data (hdd, usb etc) but obviously that dosen't happen. Try this... Choose to store the epg data to 'off', 'network' or 'usb' (without one in) it will still store the program sypnosis but obviously 4-8hrs later all is lost and back to now and next (for the prog sysnosis).

satnoobie
09-12-2012, 02:07 PM
The epg works fine on my box but I have never had program synopsis only now and next, strangely the synopsis seems to be stored fully on the non 28.2 satellites, this of course isnt much use to me has my knowledge of German, Bulgarian etc is nill.

I have not had any problems playing back HD recordings whatsoever but I am as yet only using mcas and coconut havent yet tried a sealion.

I do rarely encounter a problem where the picture slows down and freezes and I have to reboot the box, this only happens when I have pressed the blue button to access the program guide. When this does happen the epg data seems to be saved.

Ocassionally there is a long delay when changing channels other than this I am having no problems with my box (touch wood).

blakmumba
09-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Not having any issues with channel changing. Xcam is very glitchy as already posted by echelon & mgcamd locks box up if using with timeshift. Press record or by going into hdd usually locks the box. Recorded programs have incorrect sypnosis assigned. Any hd recorded programs dont have the mini preview in the recorded sections. Seems you (satnoobie) have also experienced the slow mo playback. Firmware is pretty good but lacks the basic stuff eg.. epg, good xcam/cccam etc so in effect we have a box that looks good, 'almost' is running as advertised but is still lacking basic software to have a fully 'complete' box that just is a plug&play!

satnoobie
10-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Just checked my recordings I have only made 5 recordings on this firmware 3 of them have the correct synopsis one has the wrong synopsis and the other has none, the recordings with the correct synopsis had definitely been recorded from the epg which I have set to start 1 minute early the other 2 I think I recorded manually but not 100% sure.

I hadnt noticed untill blakmumba mentioned it. On the previous firmware the synopsis was always wrong it seemed to be for the following program.

How strange but its better than before, at least it is on my box.

Might not bother with xcam or mgcamd it seems a lot of s4000 users are having probs with them.

I am still very happy with my box I have had probs with other boxes before and they werent as complex or well featured as this.

blakmumba
10-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I am still very happy with my box I have had probs with other boxes before and they werent as complex or well featured as this.
A box is only as good if the supporting software is good too. I've owned dreamboxes, GGG HD's and openboxes. Now these boxes maybe cheap but are 'plug&play' out of the box and the supporting software especially for the dream's are excellent. They very rarely glitched/froze but never locked up whilst in my possession. Plug an usb hard drive into any off these boxes and you had an pvr. These are boxes that could be had well under £100 even £50 new if lucky and preformed way past their value. Now considering the steep prices of the ice's, you would think the ice would out-perform these so called 'cheap' boxes and the supporting software would really shine & leave the competition standing but unfortunately that has not been the case for a long long time.

satnoobie
10-12-2012, 02:00 AM
I have no experience of dreamboxes or openboxes although I had decided to get one or the other when I stumbled upon the icecrypt for not much extra.

My previous boxes included a fortec passion which could not resolve channel 4hd a 7 day epg which never worked and a few other issues, also a very expensive samsung which is a german model (got it discounted) being a german model it did not have an epg but what really bothered me was I could not get it to move my dish even though it was supposed to. I realise these are not really comparable to the icecrypt but after these problems I did expect some hiccups.

Must say I would have been lost without the help I have received from blakmumba, fatboy 7 and others on this forum.

I was very lucky in getting my box at a VERY good price I might not be as pleased if I had paid the full rrp.

But I think they are getting there maybe in the next firmware ?

Lets hope so.

mackowiakp
29-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I use S4000HDPVR V1.11.16 and CCCam plugin the newest available from this forum (25NOV2011 as I remember).
And I still have freezing and lock up issues....
But the problem occurs only on the channels "native" for my SAT service provider. "Native" means that such channels are produced by my SAT provider. Other channels, not produced by provider (for example Discovery, BBC etc) are working properly. Problem occurs during switching between such "native" channels
I use my home cccam server (ver 2.1.4, external, based on Linux PC) for S4000 and 2 pcs Ariva Ferguson SAT receiver. I have not similar problems with Ferguson`s.
Any idea how to resolve such problem?

ManikM
29-12-2012, 06:44 PM
i really dont think this box will ever deliver what you want from it, the basics.
i salute you for sticking by it, but think to yourself, all the time youre spending on things trying to get it to work perfectly, its a waste of life, this is what i decided. im going through this with my azbox at the moment, every day hoping the daily build fixes the spinner issue, green screen issue, etc etc.
there will come a day (not too far off) that i will say "sod it, whats the point" AND get a dedicated E2 box.
i was so happy when i got my xtrend, as all the things i was trying to get working on the ice, just worked, and worked flawlessly, i always felt like i was tip-toeing around using the ice and hoping it wont crash, or hoping the timer i set recorded ok, well all that goes away when you spend the money on a decent dedicated e2 box.
my xtrend is faster and more stable than my virgin media box - LOL! i never get failed recordings, my timers record as they should, timeshift is solid
just think about it guys! but fair play that you are sticking with it. i'd love to know how many swear words "collectively" have been used between us all when using \ fiddling with the Ice.
i know i know, if i dont have anything nice to say, then dont say antyhing at all!
:)
also, i wish i could stop nosing into the icecrypt thread, but i just cant leave it alone.

mackowiakp
30-12-2012, 09:03 AM
So I will noise a bit too. I think that wanting to have unit which does not hangs during switching between channels is not too much...

On other way, stand-alone SAT receivers are going to be a history. Modern TV sets are equipped with build-in SAT PVR receiver And the only problem is that such TV`s are single tuner units.

POST AMENDED BY ADMIN DUE TO RULE BREAKING

echelon
30-12-2012, 09:31 AM
the point here is that there is a long queue for what you are asking for so get to the back of it ;)

I have been waiting 3 years not 3 days or 3 weeks

and the same goes for the plugins too

the best advice I have seen on this subject are the posts by manikm

namely

sell it and get a decent box with excellent backup that does the job properly the first time without quibbles

and only buy a dreambox , or a vu , or a clarketech ET (xtrend) like he did

he bought the clarke, I bought a vu , we both moved on instead of going round in circles wasting time as detailed in his last reply

I wouldnt buy another technomate based on the tm9100 debacle

I wouldnt buy another icecrypt based on the s4000 debacle

I never bought into AZbox and glad that I didnt waste my money on that pup

in other words, vote with your feet and hit them where it hurts, in the pocket

ManikM
30-12-2012, 03:40 PM
the point here is that there is a long queue for what you are asking for so get to the back of it ;)

I have been waiting 3 years not 3 days or 3 weeks

and the same goes for the plugins too

the best advice I have seen on this subject are the posts by manikm

namely

sell it and get a decent box with excellent backup that does the job properly the first time without quibbles

and only buy a dreambox , or a vu , or a clarketech ET (xtrend) like he did

he bought the clarke, I bought a vu , we both moved on instead of going round in circles wasting time as detailed in his last reply

I wouldnt buy another technomate based on the tm9100 debacle

I wouldnt buy another icecrypt based on the s4000 debacle

I never bought into AZbox and glad that I didnt waste my money on that pup

in other words, vote with your feet and hit them where it hurts, in the pocket

the only reason i wanted as azbox was the ability to decode 4.2.2 signals - i was into feeds then, but now i cant be arsed with them. so a normal stb is fine for my purposes now.

gaz191079
30-12-2012, 08:43 PM
well upgraded today and all I can say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not so sure on it stable viewing is about the best but hang ups on channel swopping and epg is not great ccaam400 is most stable mgcam stutters a lot and as for the sound on channel change its hit and miss gonna keep it for now but 32 is more predictable

gaz191079
01-01-2013, 09:44 PM
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh my box has gone mad jumping like a horse ant the national why cant it just be simple ie new f/w = less problems not more

JaapS
06-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Currently running openbox S8 1.11.18 with oscam and box works splendid, no freezes, recordings and time shift are fine onl thing is EPG on British channels...

echelon
06-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Currently running openbox S8 1.11.18 with oscam and box works splendid, no freezes, recordings and time shift are fine onl thing is EPG on British channels...

think we need to expand the E2 files section to include some of these new alternatives seeing as the standard ice files are so poor, as its better to have working files with now and next epg instead of non-working files that have a 24/7 epg and will never be fixed !

either upload the files and emus or a non live link added same as the threads for the hdmu files from hdmedia universe

JaapS
06-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Stock firmware same as the Octagon version only with the nice theme like Icecrypt and not the ugly red of Octagon.

_http://www.open-box.tv/data/po/OPENBOX-S8HDPVR/OPENBOX.S8.v1.11.18.2012Nov15.zip

The used oscam you can find in the plugin section build and posted by me...

Main thing is that all firmwares are the same but the Koreans f*cked up the Icecrypt version so neither mgcamd or oscam are working with timeshift and recordings due to an STAPI issue.
The .18 has some minor fixes compared to .16 but .16 was also working fine on Dutch channels, this firmware does the same as the Icecrypt .16 but does have a full functioning STAPI so no need for x-cam funny things but real cams work...

mackowiakp
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Stock firmware same as the Octagon version only with the nice theme like Icecrypt and not the ugly red of Octagon.

_http://www.open-box.tv/data/po/OPENBOX-S8HDPVR/OPENBOX.S8.v1.11.18.2012Nov15.zip

Main thing is that all firmwares are the same but the Koreans f*cked up the Icecrypt version so neither mgcamd or oscam are working with timeshift and recordings due to an STAPI issue.
The .18 has some minor fixes compared to .16 but .16 was also working fine on Dutch channels, this firmware does the same as the Icecrypt .16 but does have a full functioning STAPI so no need for x-cam funny things but real cams work...

Is English version of Open-box forum? As I understand OpenBox FW is much better than original and can be used in S4000 PVR twin tuner unit. I am right?

ManikM
07-01-2013, 04:13 PM
thats what he's saying. use the open box version, as it has the blue\green theme like the icecrypts - but the f/w works, as opposed to the horrid red octagon version.....choice of two, but the icecrypt version has the issue. so pick a colour scheme blue\green or red, but not icecrypts

mackowiakp
09-01-2013, 07:38 AM

Any HOWTO about installing Openbox FW on S4000 please!

ManikM
09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
change the reseller ID (via plugin or AAFrecovery tool) to be an OPENBOX, then download the firmware from openbox site (wherever that may be) - then install f/w as usual through menus and memory stick.