PDA

View Full Version : USB Compatibility

Pimpernel
17-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I've been USB recording via a multi-card reader and a 32GB SD memory card. Recently my multi-card reader packed up so I bought a Toshiba USB 2.0 64GB flash drive and an other USB multi-card reader. Now when I use the 64GB (FAT32) flash drive recording starts but the picture breaks up and so does the recorded playback. Also my new multi-card reader is now not recognised by my 9000 HD. Whilst I can live with the latter, I can't find any related reasons in my receiver manual as to why my flash drive causes interference, so I'm at loss. Can anyone please enlighten me?

johnhenry
17-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Try re-format your drive using Spiderbox. Menu- USB- Format also check USB is fully slotted in, might be advisable to check out both USB slots. I formatted my 500GB hard drive using Spiderbox about three years ago never had a problem from day one. If you keep your Spider on standby all the time might pay to turn off at rear and on again for a clear reboot.

Pimpernel
17-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Ta for your prompt reply johnhenry. Yes I've tried all that i.e.formatted on Spiderbox, tried both USB ports and yes switched off receiver from the back. I've been using my usb adapter with a 32GB micro SD for almost 10 months without any problems. I should also point out that both my 2 new USB items work perfectly on my 2 PCs. Sounds like a puzzle of Toshiba and Spider proportions. Thanks again.

johnhenry
17-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Might pay to read back on some old threads around the attached thread below just might be something there to help. https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?141040-Hard-Drive-Recording-on-9000-HD

fernandez
25-11-2012, 02:22 PM
It appears from a search on Google that most (if not all) of these Toshiba 64GB flash drives are fake.
Did you buy it at a giveaway price on a famous ******* site?
There are reports that they are, at the most, 32GB or even as little as 8GB - on the back of the packaging on some of them it actually states 7.72GB user usable capacity.
Looks like you could have a dud :(

EXTRAFACTO
25-11-2012, 07:03 PM
a mate of mine got same problem with toshiba 64gb flash.
i gave him my flash drive i purchased from goldwafers when i purchased my spider...that works perfectly
i then purchased a 500gb hd...formatted it in spider...works perfectly
now i am useing 1tb hd...formatted in spider...works perfectly
(i have not named the drives not sure if i am allowed to but its 2 words w...... d......)
500gb cost £46
1tb cost £60
if i have broke any rule....admin please delete

Pimpernel
29-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Bought mine from fle**** and I'm fairly sure my USB is not a fake. Anyhow, I gave up and used it for PC backups. Then a few days later I tried again and formatted it on my spider and voila it now works perfectly. So there if at first you don't succeed ...............

Pimpernel
10-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm resurecting this thread as it may be of some help to fellow sufferers. I thought I resolved this problem but I've just discovered that my Toshiba flash drive's misbehaving only takes place when recording HD channels. Recording SD channels is problem free and that is why I was fooled. I will purchase another USb flash drive and try again but in the meanwhile any ideas?

johnhenry
10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Why not spend your money on a hard drive my Samsung S2 500GB via USB does excellent HD recording.