PDA

View Full Version : USALS set up

TJLOWE1
25-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi all,
I've always used DiSEqc 1.2 settings on my 9000HD, i want to start using USALS,i've followed these instructions --
Press the menu button.

Select the Installation section by scrolling right/left

Go to motor setup, press OK

Enter pin code "0000"

Press the green button to allow you to enter your longitude and latitude.

Longituse is switched between E & W by pressing the < and > buttons.

Enter your longitude by using the number keys. Note: if your Longitude is 1.5W (for example) you must enter 001.5W in this field.

Enter your latitude, e,g, 55.6N. You can change N to S with the arrow keys too, but most of you won't want to do that.

Scroll down to save and press OK.

i've done all this and turned settings to USALS when i try and change to a different satellite nothing happens--NO DISH MOVEMENT !
I can only assume i'm doing something simply wrong,possible in entering my setting as my longitude is a minus number and i don't know if i'm setting it correctly and i'm not sure about the East & West what to do with them. ?
I've got a Billybits channel list will this change anything.?
All help greatly appriciated.
TJ

Mickha
25-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Negative longitude readings are West, positive are East.

echelon
25-11-2012, 04:12 PM
minus = west , so if you are at -2.9 then make that longitude as 002.9W

latitude is say 54.1N or whatever your latitude is, but always N in the northern hemisphere

TJLOWE1
25-11-2012, 04:32 PM
ok,
I've entered my setting correctly i think, still no movement with the dish, would it have anything to do with me using a"Superjack V Box II" as i've just read "The V Box converts Diseqc to 36 volt positioning " ?doesn't mention USALS ??

TJ

echelon
25-11-2012, 04:39 PM
ok,
I've entered my setting correctly i think, still no movement with the dish, would it have anything to do with me using a"Superjack V Box II" as i've just read "The V Box converts Diseqc to 36 volt positioning " ?doesn't mention USALS ??

TJ

yes that is the reason , because you have not got a usals motor

you may be able to use usals instead of diseqc if you go through the motions of setting it up, but it wont be any different to using diseqc as all your channel list is doing is telling your motor which position to go to

it tells you all this in the details given in billybits lists where he advises people on different setups

TJLOWE1
25-11-2012, 10:22 PM
echelon, thanks for the info, much appriciated, as always a man with good advise. (i always like to read your posts)

TJ

Aldo
25-11-2012, 11:47 PM
echelon, thanks for the info, much appriciated, as always a man with good advise. (i always like to read your posts)

TJ

You must also like typing, as you started a thread on the other forum, before starting this one:

tjlowe1 - USALS set up - Today 15:00

TJLOWE1
26-11-2012, 07:23 AM
True, i like to get around just like everybody on here.

TJ