PDA

View Full Version : Big help please for TM6900HD+Super

jblo
26-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi

I have decided to get my old, (it was almost new when I stopped using it), Technomate - TM6900HD+Super out of the loft. It still looks in very good condition. As you are about to find out I don't have a good memory of tech things.

Its last update was 7.15p on jan 26th 2010. I have read that it's 7.26p update that is presently the most stable. I want to start a fresh, and update its soft-ware and set up each sat position and then do a full blind search. So that its back up to date.

However I have forgotten the password setting and therefore I am unable to do a factory reset. Also, Can I update using a usb or must I use the lead, as my present laptop does not have the right conections. And do I need to up date using Technomates software first?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, this will really be appreciated. A step by step guide is needed because I am a true thickie. I do my best - I am ok when I have done things several times, but if I leave things almost three years before trying again I have no chance.

I really (yes really) need help

Many thanks

Jblo

joany
26-11-2012, 09:51 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?121811-How-to-install-latest-patches-on-6900-super-hd

It's probably more than a year since i reset my box, I guess simply because it keeps going ok (except for the dodgy pvr and the fault on the power supply capacitors).

anyway good luck.

jblo
26-11-2012, 10:16 PM
hi Joany

Many thanks for your help, however I am stuck my password is not 0000 I changed it over three years ago and now can not remember it. I just had a thought and I think there is a (grand) master password that overrides all others and would allow me in. If anyone knows this can you pm me or let me know on here.

cheers

jblo

joany
26-11-2012, 10:30 PM
sorry i dont know m8.

joany
26-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I just saw on another forum that a 'super' password for tm100 was 2011. maybe try that.

jblo
26-11-2012, 10:51 PM
hi Joany

Many thanks again, I have just found this 2011 on the internet and it has worked and I have now reset my passwork so I can remember it. I shall have ago tomorrow to update my stb. Am I better using a wired lead or just usb? ( I could use an old computer)

Thanks again Joany

jblo

joany
26-11-2012, 11:08 PM
usb is fine

holmroad
26-11-2012, 11:38 PM
hi Joany

Many thanks again, I have just found this 2011 on the internet and it has worked and I have now reset my passwork so I can remember it. I shall have ago tomorrow to update my stb. Am I better using a wired lead or just usb? ( I could use an old computer)

Thanks again Joany

jblo

Patch 750P is currently the latest one, but many of us find that patch 726P is the most stable, plus patch 737P is probably the last of the 'reasonable' ones - all depending on what you want to get from them mate!
Plus if you want to use 8281 youll need to remember to load the 'Add-on' to the patch too!
All that Joany has advised is correct too - so good luck mate - and thanks to Joany too!:respect-055:

jblo
27-11-2012, 05:34 PM
hi Holmroad

Cheers, many thanks

jblo

PS it may be tomorrow be for I get to update things

holmroad
28-11-2012, 01:48 AM
USB is obviously the most convenient, but cable also works fine - so take your pick!:cheers2: