PDA

View Full Version : STC6000 DVB-T2 Freeview

peterk
29-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Are there any Plugins that would help me record terrestrial HD broadcasts?

Am I correct in this: Because the box isn't Freeview "certified" HD program names cannot be decrypted and if the encrypted name contains characters that are not allowable in file names the recording will fail.

Thanks

geoffh
29-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi,
Recording Freeview HD channels has been a long standing problem with the stc 6000 T2 tuner. This became a problem with later Fw releases, unfortunately I cannot pin point or remember which Fw the issue manifested.
The HD channel programe listing issues are something to do with a code that is the preserve of Freeview and this code is only issued to manufacturers that sign up to or supply official Freeview boxes, so as the 6000 is not an official Freeview box we have to put up with the nonsensical listings we see in the epg.
I note in the latest Fw release for the German equivalent box it does include an improvement for a T2 tuner but I don't know what that improvement is.
I guess we will have to wait untill Icecrypt do the next Fw release

peterk
29-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've read the Offcom "paper" that agreed to the encryption of the epg on the grounds that it was a requirement to prevent the piracy of broadcasted HD material. Since recordings can be easily made on PC's with a DVB-T2 card and an internet connection for the epg and terrestial HD is available on satellite free to view then I think Offcom have again excelled and failed to see encryption as a way for freeview (owned by the broadcasters) to generate revenue.

Re the plugin I was hoping for a reply such as "Try searching the forum next time. Install xyz it takes the times of the program, adds the date and makes that the file name"

geoffh
29-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Totally agree with you with respect to the encryption of the Freeview HD channels.
Re the plugin, I know of no plugin that decrypts the Freeview HD epg. sorry,