PDA

View Full Version : Streaming from DM800?

EDGE
01-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi all,is there any other way of streaming other than using Tunisia streamer? TIA for any info.

echelon
01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
not used this tool in a while but I used to use dreamstream myself and I always thought that it was the default tool of choice ?

EDGE
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks Ech.ive never heard of Dreamstream lol,anyway,ive installed it but where do i find the url thats needed for another pc to view it?

echelon
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM
when I used it I streamed from the dm800 to my laptop over the LAN, so the "url" was the ip address of my laptop

I think it may have needed vlc with the firefox addon

am sure its all been covered in the dreambox section, and nearly all the dreambox tools have dream in their names ;)

Dave5118
01-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Is it possible to use this to dreamstream over the internet?

echelon
01-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Is it possible to use this to dreamstream over the internet?

I believe you would have to compress it somehow to stream over the net, unless you had a 10 meg or more upload on your BB , which I doubt

as a matter of fact, I believe you have to compress any live tv from any box to stream it over the standard broadband connections here in the uk

manikm wrote extensively about it in his thread on the subject, but from his clarke ET box

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158825-streaming-video-from-satellite-box-help-needed

Dave5118
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I believe you would have to compress it somehow to stream over the net, unless you had a 10 meg or more upload on your BB , which I doubt

as a matter of fact, I believe you have to compress any live tv from any box to stream it over the standard broadband connections here in the uk

manikm wrote extensively about it in his thread on the subject, but from his clarke ET box

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158825-streaming-video-from-satellite-box-help-needed
Cheers Ech, just thought I'd read somewhere that it had the inbuilt encoder abilities to do that. Obviously not.

ian
01-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Edge

is this what your seeking ?

you will however need to register on the site before you can buy a license.it costs 6 Euros which is only about £3.50 though,and its just a one off payment for a permanent license.
once purchased though you can then stream to the outside world,however you dont need to do this just to stream on your own local network.its a shame that it costs money,but its not much and if it solves your problems it maybe worth it for you.personally i wont pay for anything and im presently trying to crack it,but because its web based i dont think i will be able.

Enigma TV is an interface working on a PC that enables you to stream your Dreambox (or any Enigma 1 & 2 STB) over the Internet.

Some main features :
- Video stream compression : you will be able to watch TV on any place in the world, on any device (like on a smartphone with 3G data speed).
- Automatically detect Enigma 1 or Enigma 2 Set Top Box (Dreambox, Vu+, Etc ...).
- Watch any media due to the included multimedia player.
- Built-in web interface that you can open on any devices over the Internet (Iphone, Ipad, Android phone, Android Tablet, Mac, PC).
- Direct or programmed records on your STB HDD, on your computer HDD or any network place.
- Multilanguage (any new language can be added).
- Mini-TV function : only show a sizable video screen without interface and always on top of any other windows.

Ian.

ManikM
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
U want this _http://bsauto.free.fr/enigmawebtv/

ian
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
thats the exact same program as i uploaded mate,the only difference being its a really old version that cannot now be installed,and when you try it just takes you to the website so you can then download the latest version that you now have to pay for to obtain web streaming.

Ian.

saintomer1866
02-12-2012, 12:08 AM
yes I had the previous version installed, which now after telling you that there is a new version available gives this prompt when you try and run it...

The tool is no more FREE, please upgrade to the latest version to be able to buy it.
BUY IT ? yer having a fooking laugh
we have to buy hardware for our hobby but i'm fooked if i'm gonna buy software for it
the tool is the fool that thinks i will

EDGE
02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
:respect-037:Thanks Ian,thats exactly what im wanting to do,will look into it more later today and i wont mind paying for it either,cheers Buddy

ManikM
04-12-2012, 10:01 AM
thats sad, i knew he was releasing a pro version, but i didnt think that would put an end to the free version !! i thought it would be optional.

i will contact him, and have a word.

ManikM
04-12-2012, 10:02 AM
when I used it I streamed from the dm800 to my laptop over the LAN, so the "url" was the ip address of my laptop

I think it may have needed vlc with the firefox addon

am sure its all been covered in the dreambox section, and nearly all the dreambox tools have dream in their names ;)

i dont think this works anymore on E2, but i dont own a DM800 - is that E1 or E2 ?

echelon
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
i dont think this works anymore on E2, but i dont own a DM800 - is that E1 or E2 ?

dm800 is E2 and dreamstream over lan to a pc worked fine the last time I tried it, never tried it over the net due to compression issues

my point was that dreambox tools all had the word dream in the name , dreamboxedit , dreamset , dreamstream , dreamup , dreambox config creator , dreambox control center (dcc) etc and that was what came to mind as edge hadnt mentioned streaming over the net

dreambox owners are normally aware of this so I expected him to come back saying he had tried it or that he needed a different tool

the problem with non-owners getting involved is they divert attention away from the point of the opening post by wanting explanations for themselves (hi jacking a thread by doing so)

UPDATE

JUST TESTED DREAMSTREAM BETA V E2 4.0. BETA 14.0A from dreams website, it works but is jerky even over lan ethernet and worse on wifi

this may be why I never bothered with it after testing it last year

EDGE
05-12-2012, 04:59 AM
It was over the net that i was wanting to do sorry,got it working fine locally but cant get it to work at all over the net.

ManikM
05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
the FREE version of the tool works brilliant over the net, and is "probably" worth the money, but im still annoyed that hes now charging and not giving us an option of the free tool

EDGE
13-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Just managed to get it working over the Net,was down to a Port problem,have to say it works ok,even Streaming HD,few break ups every so often but its ok (60mb download/16mb upload)