PDA

View Full Version : connection issues

flickerrr
08-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi guys changed broadband supplier during the week and from never having any problems i now am tortured. Thing is everything is connected - computer works, wireless etc and my lines/cards are even showing as connected on box. Checked with server and shows im connected there too but i keep getting scrambled channel?
Why would that be anyone able to help please

Thanks

daan
08-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi guys changed broadband supplier during the week and from never having any problems i now am tortured. Thing is everything is connected - computer works, wireless etc and my lines/cards are even showing as connected on box. Checked with server and shows im connected there too but i keep getting scrambled channel?
Why would that be anyone able to help please

Thanks

reboot spiderbox daan

flickerrr
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks daan never thought of that..

flickerrr
09-12-2012, 03:10 PM
noone able to suggest? I got changed to N line but still happens though not as much. Cards are connected but scrambled channels. If i turn off and on again it works 9/10 times

Mickha
09-12-2012, 03:30 PM
When you changed supplier did you change your router, and cable?
It might have nothing to do with your equipment but rather your new supplier, little losses/glitches of broadband disconnection might not be noticed on your PC but would on your satellite setup.
Of course it might not be down to any of these but rather your supplier, why not try a different supplier, for just a 24 hour test period.

fathershoss
09-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi Flickerr same problem changed bb supplier last week which alledgedly is twice as fast and stable as previous one but now having same problems. i think it might be something to do with spiderbox itself because if i have spider on showing S----- S------ and xbox 360 streaming at the same time spider keeps scrambling and freezing every now and then but x-box is fine i have noticed when it scrambles go into menu and network client setup and it says disconnected but after a second or two it will connect again so it could also be a supplier problem cheers fathershoss

flickerrr
09-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi Flickerr same problem changed bb supplier last week which alledgedly is twice as fast and stable as previous one but now having same problems. i think it might be something to do with spiderbox itself because if i have spider on showing S----- S------ and xbox 360 streaming at the same time spider keeps scrambling and freezing every now and then but x-box is fine i have noticed when it scrambles go into menu and network client setup and it says disconnected but after a second or two it will connect again so it could also be a supplier problem cheers fathershoss

when channel scrambles my client stays connected thats the strange thing. line provider has give me n line which is performing better but still scrambles now and again, however this time picture comes back if i leave alone. he has sent me his info and never shows as me being disconnected. Never had these problems before though waiting on fibre coming which may help?

flickerrr
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
When you changed supplier did you change your router, and cable?
It might have nothing to do with your equipment but rather your new supplier, little losses/glitches of broadband disconnection might not be noticed on your PC but would on your satellite setup.
Of course it might not be down to any of these but rather your supplier, why not try a different supplier, for just a 24 hour test period.

changed router but not cable Mickha. All other devices are working fine with this supplier thats whats baffling me

flickerrr
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Tried cable straight into receiver instead of through diseqc switch but its still doing the same thing - can work for 15 mins then get scrambled picture and if i leave it, can come back on in min or so. Never had these problems before anyone else experienced this? Have searched forum hence asking for the n line which did improve things but must be something else to do

Mickha
11-12-2012, 11:40 AM
You could try using your old router, just change the settings to match your new provider.

williamtell
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM

is your ip set on auto or manual? try manual when the settings have been picked up by spider[just a hunch]

flickerrr
11-12-2012, 02:42 PM
william i have tried both manual and auto doesnt make a difference

Mickha old router is s*y which they have protected unfortunately. Do you think fibre optic will make a difference?

hornet
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Williamtell is spot on with that, i changed from orange to bt and had the same problem set ip to auto after start up then when channel clears set to manual and apply the settings, had the bt engineer worried because i said you aint leaving till my box works lol :-)

williamtell
11-12-2012, 03:24 PM
william i have tried both manual and auto doesnt make a difference

Mickha old router is s*y which they have protected unfortunately. Do you think fibre optic will make a difference?

sly routers only protect port forwarding[greyed out]shouldnt be a problem incoming or they would have millions of routers to answer to?maybe?

flickerrr
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
ok i'll give it a go then and let you know cheers

AnyAirPlane
11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
I also changed from Orange to BT about a month ago.
Before hand I noted the MAC numbers of all my connected devices.
On install checked the connected devices in the router menu and then put them all to static, this has made transition seamless.

Just my thoughts, hopefully helpfull to somebody eventually.

AAP