PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought fitting new Black Ultra tomorrow

notmyrealname
21-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Hi guys,
As above I bought a new LNB - Inverto ultra black as recommended here.
I`m planning to fit it tomorrow as my old MTI has gone on the blink.
My question is - as its got a long neck where should I place the LNB in the holder for max signal. Is it pulled back away from the dish as far as possible or pushed forward towards the dish or somewhere in the middle. As I`m going to be doing this hanging out of an upstairs window I could do with the advice of someone who has fitted one. My dish is a 1m Gibertini.
Thanks in advance for any advice and Merry Christmas to you all,
regards,
Michael.

JOE.MADDISON
21-12-2012, 11:48 PM
as all dishes and feed arms are different its best to try with the lnb at different positions and using a signal strength meter to max the signal,also make sure the skew is also set right.

digicon
22-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I have fitted these on Gibertini 1m dishes and the optimal position is Middle, if your dish is Motorised then no Skew required if its fixed then skew to the satellite you aligned it to.

notmyrealname
22-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys . Yes the 1m dish is motorised. I have decided to leave it to a professional who can fine tune it with a meter. My proposed method of changing it thro the top window was an bad idea on safety grounds lol. I suffer from fear of heights so cant climb a ladder so have no option but to get someone to do it properly.
If anyone can recommend an installer in the north west I would appreciate it. I live in Haydock - thats halfway between L`pool and Manchester near the M6.
regards,
Michael.

gbmitie
22-12-2012, 05:10 PM
hi

give these a ring, ask for pedro, very good and i think he is near you.

xxxx//www.purplesat.com/

notmyrealname
22-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks to all who helped. The LnB has now been fitted by Digicon. Although its raining here now the signal has improved by
a few % on all sats. I`m now able to watch Fox movies which is on one of the weaker transponders on 7W in the rain. I will update the results when we have clear spell possibly tomorrow
as its forecast to be sunny in the afternoon,
regards,
Michael.