PDA

View Full Version : F100 software failure

Hamross79
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM
How long should it take to software update, had the 100% done but won't move on from there, just saying writing software to the flash please wait. How long do I have to wait or am I doing something wrong. Please help :).

Aldo
01-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Please read the info in this thread to answer your query:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?139661-New-recovery-tool-HD7000-and-HD9000

Hamross79
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
hi aldo done all of the above in the thread, it gets to 100% then says writing software to the flash please wait, its been like that for hours should it only take a few minutes to do? cheers.

satpaul
02-01-2013, 06:17 PM
It wont repair needs replacing have had a few 9900 like that

Hamross79
02-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Gutted, cheers mate thank u

satpaul
02-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Not under warranty then?

Hamross79
02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
It should be only had it since September but can't seem to get hold of the company though!!!!

toniparos
16-02-2013, 04:03 PM
How long should it take to software update, had the 100% done but won't move on from there, just saying writing software to the flash please wait. How long do I have to wait or am I doing something wrong. Please help :).

I waited one hour (!!!) and nothing happened .... Unfortunately I did all the steps referred hier.....

Aldo
16-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I waited one hour (!!!) and nothing happened .... Unfortunately I did all the steps referred hier.....

Did you follow all of the instructions, here is a later version of the setup procedure which I took from the other forum:

The F100 Guide

To those who have the F100 display stuck on the Spiderbox LCD window at start up.

Please note it is normal to see F100 passing through the front LCD screen at first start up but if it sticks there it is very often caused by corruption to the boot loading software. From experience I would add some Mains spike suppression.

1. Download the relevant Recovery tool software file for your Spiderbox Model.
2. Unzip the files with Winzip (free download use google)
3. Find, borrow or acquire a PC preferably with Win XP, it must have a 9 Pin RS232 type com port, don’t waste your money and time on USB adaptors, 90% don’t work.
4. A Null Modem Cable, No other cable will work, if you need to buy one, make sure the seller knows his cables and gives you the right one.
5. Switch the Spider box off at the (Rear switch) or the Wall Socket (Which I think is better)then connect the Null modem cable between the Spiderbox and PC’s com port.
6. Run the Download.exe program on the PC.
7. Select the correct or a free com port (look in Device Manager for your com port availability)
8. Press the connect button.
9. Press ‘Choose File’ and select the Spider_rs232.bin file
10. Switch on the Spiderbox (Rear switch) or Wall Socket (Which I think is better).
11. You will see progress status on the PC, wait until its finished and the STB will reboot.
There are no guarantees that the Recovery tool will fix all F100 problems and your Spiderbox may require returning or repairing if possible by someone qualified.

toniparos
18-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I did the connection with null modem cable and the receiver read normally the recovery file. But the signal "f100" still exist, and does not accept any function from the buttons of screen or from the remote control..... Is there anything else to do? Also note that with the first time the receiver read the file! i did the same procedure twice,the file software is downloaded and installed in the flash memory. The problem is that it doesn't make auto-reboot.... Please help me!!! Thank you very much before hand!

toniparos
18-02-2013, 03:28 PM
The downloaded procedure is succesfully done 100%,BUT IT DOES NOT DO AUTO REBOOT,what then might be broken,the processor?
What might be the reason that the software is in the flash memory but it does not read it?Should the procedure with null modem cable happen again and again?

gbmitie
18-02-2013, 04:18 PM
there is a lot of postings on the f100, with the later boxes it was normal to see the f100 as it booted up, you just wait and box comes on.

in your case switch off at back ie power down completely and wait a few mins, switch back on and then power on with remote and wait. make sure remote is working, if you can to menu status do a factory reset.

but it could be knackered, did you use xp to load the rs232 file?

toniparos
20-02-2013, 09:57 PM
No, I used Win7 for the loading.... The problem is not the file transfer, but the remote and the receiver not accept anything, looks like they are dead... Only shows f100 for hours and hours!!!

echelon
20-02-2013, 10:36 PM
No, I used Win7 for the loading.... The problem is not the file transfer, but the remote and the receiver not accept anything, looks like they are dead... Only shows f100 for hours and hours!!!

this means nothing as you did not state which win 7 you are using

only win 7 professional retail and ultimate retail are capable of loading over a null modem cable, and its unlikely you have one of those, you are more likely to have home basic or premium which are cut down versions of windows

my advice is try a reflash using a proper tower or desktop pc, with standard 9 pin com port built in (no usb adapters), and running xp pro

use that combination with a null modem cable, and only report back once you have used the equipment and windows I stated above, not vista or win7 or win8 and no using usb adapters either

and once it is frozen on F100, it will be like that for hours/days/weeks/months/years/millenia , as it will never alter

post #9 by aldo explained all this days ago, and although you said you had taken all the steps explained here, clearly you havent !! (as you havent used xp)