PDA

View Full Version : Al Jazeera Sport cards to cease in 2013

licinius
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
I've heard that all JSC sport renewals will expire on Dec 31st 2013. This is because Al Jazeera are releasing an encrypted HD receiver on 1st Jan 2014. I can't find anything on their website but it does make sense. The middle east EPL viewing rights for 2013-16 should have been awarded in September, but instead Abu Dhabi Sports have a 12 months contract extension.

Al Jazeera have the money to take over the EPL but the fact that the signal can be so easily picked up in UK will go against them. Maybe it will only work on 26 east & 7 west. Either way so long as it's a similar price to Abu Dhabi Sports & the quality is just as good I'll be happy.

baz
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
is this official news, if so where did you see this mate?

licinius
02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
It's not from an official source m8, that's why I'm asking if anybody else has info. It is however the same source that told me ADMC had a 12 month extension to their current ME contract and other snippets of accurate information from the region.

manic01
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Not true about rights.

England’s Premier League (EPL) soccer administrators are not yet ready to award the TV rights for the important Middle East and North Africa market. A decision was originally expected last September.

The new rights cover the 2013 – 2016 seasons. The rights are currently held by Abu Dhabi Media and used on its Abu Dhabi TV Network (AD-TV). AD-TV also holds the rights to Formula 1 races and Wimbledon tennis.

Locally, the consensus is that AD-TV paid around $100 million annually for the EPL rights, and few doubt that the next three years will cost more.

An EPL spokesman said there was no rush to conclude a deal, although the Tender do***ent has been issued to all likely bidders. The EPL said there would be no decision this side of the holiday season.

Other bidders are likely to ensure the EPL rights represent a maximum income for the England Football Association, with Al Jazeera Sports a likely bidder. Some local observers suggest that Abu Dhabi and Al Jazeera might be considering a joint bid for the rights. Other contenders could include a revitalised Orbit Showtime Network (OSN), while there are any number of vanity players who could enter the market.

http://advanced-television.info/2012/12/10/epl-delays-mena-soccer-rights/

licinius
02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Not true about rights

Abu Dhabi Sports have a 12 months extension to cover the 2013-14 season. The current deal expires at the end of this season.

manic01
02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
No mate....................

licinius
02-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Does my head in too not being able to back it up m8. I supply/install these products in Spain (but I'm not shameless enough to plug my site on somebody else's forum). I buy JSC & Abu Dhabi Sports units direct from an official distributor in the ME, so obviously I cannot reveal my source or I'll be cutting my own throat.

All I can say is that my supplier (an official distributor) has given me the above information. I really wish I could verify it & provide links, but I can't. If it turns out to be wrong then I'll come back & apologise but in the meantime don't stock up on too many JSC cards...................

manic01
02-01-2013, 10:07 PM
I have no doubt about jsc, I have serious doubts about ad sports.

huddleston
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
I have no doubt about jsc, I have serious doubts about ad sports.

yes true about jsc sports just seen it listed on a web site that sells viewing cards that thay will be paired with their own recievers from 1st jan 2014

licinius
03-01-2013, 01:12 AM
yes true about jsc sports just seen it listed on a web site that sells viewing cards that thay will be paired with their own recievers from 1st jan 2014

Which site m8?

manic01
03-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Need to let us see site mate as with out info only hear say.

huddleston
03-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Need to let us see site mate as with out info only hear say.

didnt want to list company name with respect to sponsors [edited by admin - no links to other dealers or item numbers for ******* sites allowed]

manic01
04-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Ok I have done a little business with them recently so will give him a call later.

oviano
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Stumbled across this thread while contemplating an ADMC dish install here in Istanbul.

So is the theory that the Premier League are insisting on a paired card/receiver and a tighter satellite footprint (ie excluding the UK, like the ADMC Nilesat/Badr6 beams) and thus they're extending ADMC's deal for a year in order to give AJ a chance to bid for rights starting 2014?

manic01
04-01-2013, 11:11 AM
I do not believe they have a 1 year extension.

oviano
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM

It seems a bit unlikely to me too as the Premier League seem pretty set on the repetitive three-year cycle of deals, but on the other hand I can see why they might consider a delay if they don't feel AJ are a suitable partner yet and want them to be a valid bidder to push the price up.

The fact they have delayed completion of the MENA rights which were due to be finalised last September perhaps adds a little substance to the theory that there are some complexities at work here.

If you know better however, then great, I'm just speculating! (and kind of hoping ADMC keep the rights as I believe I can get their transmissions on a 1.5m dish here via BADR6)

licinius
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM

The new season kicks off is just 6 months time. I don't think anybody else would be in a position to take over the contract. I don't know how many subscibers they have but Africa & the ME is a huge region & requires a serious amount of new cards or receivers. Taking over the rights at this stage would be a logistical nightmare/failure.

licinius
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I sell these systems in Spain. If ADMC lost the rights then I make money this summer supplying new cards or boxes.

I love ADMC, it really is a great football package. However, I would like to see Showtime take over again as their overall English language package is far superior.

manic01
05-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Nearly 8 months to new season.
No logistic issues.

oviano
05-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I sell these systems in Spain. If ADMC lost the rights then I make money this summer supplying new cards or boxes.

I love ADMC, it really is a great football package. However, I would like to see Showtime take over again as their overall English language package is far superior.

Out of curiosity, do your customers in Spain tend to use Nilesat 201 7W or Arabsat/BADR6 26E?

Not sure if you would know the answer but since you're in the business I figured I'd ask...if the rights leave ADMC do you think it's likely that Arabsat/BADR would still pick up the channels? I know Al Jazeera is on both satellites so I presume if they won the rights that they'd remain on both so that it would be easy for anyone currently aligned to 26E to continue without having to realign their dish to 7W.

Don't know about OSN though, or other potential bidders.

DARKMAN
06-01-2013, 12:21 AM

The Paring has no thing to do with EPL...but with C/s in middle est when al 90% stb receiver are SAT SHARING or ETHERNET SHARING.

DARKMAN
06-01-2013, 12:26 AM
I can say 100% sure :

NO Provider is in Hotbird can get EPl right 380 Games or 3PM!

The only one can get them is AD Sports or OSN Sports

Or can be mix like skyb and BT

JSC can get no 3 PM AD or OSN the 3PM..

This is for sure...

The rights for 3PM should be sell for providers of Nilesat or Arabsat NO beam can rich in UK..

oviano
06-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Presumably if JSC agreed to broadcast EPL only through Nilesat and/or Arabsat (badr6) they'd have a chance of the rights though?

oviano
06-01-2013, 07:04 AM
But maybe the EPL would insist that any bidder for the EPL rights would have to pair card+receiver as a condition? So maybe AJ are doing this so that they have a chance of future rights - maybe the rumoured ADMC year extension is to give AJ a chance next year when they have card pairing.

mancred
06-01-2013, 08:53 PM
The year extension for ADMC seems to be doing the rounds on the various sat-forums..... JSC may get the rights after this with the paired HD box but I think we all know that 13e wont have the 380 games Live & JSC won't be able to have Premier-League on this sat if they capture the rights.

We shall see I suppose

DARKMAN
06-01-2013, 09:56 PM
But maybe the EPL would insist that any bidder for the EPL rights would have to pair card+receiver as a condition? So maybe AJ are doing this so that they have a chance of future rights - maybe the rumoured ADMC year extension is to give AJ a chance next year when they have card pairing.

What the Hell ADMC has to do with JSC !? to gave any change!?
Two different companies to diffident States...

Every one should know AD Sports has no much to gave only EPL and Gran Prix if they lose EPL ...they are totally out.
Again and Again ..JSC is Show off provider with Big money...but ADCM AbuDhabi ( Khalifa of Emirates )come from the n1 richest Family of the world..
is 10000000000000 more richest then JSC it self...

JSC is doing only Noise and no thing else...

DARKMAN
06-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Presumably if JSC agreed to broadcast EPL only through Nilesat and/or Arabsat (badr6) they'd have a chance of the rights though?

NO way...If the rights sell, EPL can not interfere if OF Com beams about satellites.

JSC could not let down their customers around the world for EPL... Not all world is around EPL....

EPL is imported for you people..many around the world have no idea what mean footy or epl...

Usa is after USA rugby or footy...India is after Cricket China diffident too in Middle east like more Spain footy then EPL ..
epl has even no importance even in Europe it self now...Italy no one care and any other country...EPL is very imported in UK and some different country not all world.any provider can not sacrificial his own reputations for some Mafia deals.(Like 3 Billion to Sky UK and 200.000 euro to Tring .lol )

oviano
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM
What the Hell ADMC has to do with JSC !? to gave any change!?
Two different companies to diffident States...

Every one should know AD Sports has no much to gave only EPL and Gran Prix if they lose EPL ...they are totally out.
Again and Again ..JSC is Show off provider with Big money...but ADCM AbuDhabi ( Khalifa of Emirates )come from the n1 richest Family of the world..
is 10000000000000 more richest then JSC it self...

JSC is doing only Noise and no thing else...

Take a deep breath ;)

I was just speculating that maybe the Premier League see it as important that the card is paired to the receiver for the MENA region and since this isn't yet the case with JSC that they might instead choose to extend ADMC for 12 months and then have the full bidding a year later when JSC can bid with a paired receiver.

This might raise more money than running the b idding now and excluding JSC.

oviano
06-01-2013, 10:18 PM
NO way...If the rights sell, EPL can not interfere if OF Com beams about satellites.

JSC could not let down their customers around the world for EPL... Not all world is around EPL....

EPL is imported for you people..many around the world have no idea what mean footy or epl...

Usa is after USA rugby or footy...India is after Cricket China diffident too in Middle east like more Spain footy then EPL ..
epl has even no importance even in Europe it self now...Italy no one care and any other country...EPL is very imported in UK and some different country not all world.any provider can not sacrificial his own reputations for some Mafia deals.(Like 3 Billion to Sky UK and 200.000 euro to Tring .lol )

The Premier League are very much against allowing people in the UK to receive broadcasts for 3pm kickoffs because they feel this has a negative effect on match attendances - including in the lower divisions.

So I think you'll find they are likely to be very keen on a MENA provider whose satellite footprint cannot easily be received in the UK.

Whether that is enough to put off AJ...who knows...they certainly seem intent on having a large portfolio of the Eurooean leagues and seem likely bidders to me.

Not really sure how it works, but AJ currently broadcast their sports channels on Nilesat and Arabsat so I don't see what would be so hard to extend those broadcasts to include the EPL. MENA customers would just need to ensure their dishes are pointed at 7W or 26E just as they are now, so nothing changes.

As for your point about the popularity of the EPL, the combines overseas TV deals have historically risen sharply each time they've renegotiated every 3 years. No idea how it compares with other sports, leagues etc, but I do know the trend is upwards.

DARKMAN
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Take a deep breath ;)

I was just speculating that maybe the Premier League see it as important that the card is paired to the receiver for the MENA region and since this isn't yet the case with JSC that they might instead choose to extend ADMC for 12 months and then have the full bidding a year later when JSC can bid with a paired receiver.

This might raise more money than running the b idding now and excluding JSC.

This story of bidding next year until they pairing they cards do not convince me at all.. ( paring is all about C/s nothing else all others are rumors and speculations ) and coming more from dealers who sell JSC or people who like dream on the sky..

Digitalb is Paring and have no EPL Tring is not paring had EPL ! only for sample to you.
Now who Guaranty you Paring Ird JSC will go will not be hack !? after 1 year or more !
I do not like talk much in publicly..but i can Guaranty you sti cpu when most provider play is hacked it self..
Mean paring or not paring no provider can not be save do not matter which encryption they represent.

DARKMAN
06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
The Premier League are very much against allowing people in the UK to receive broadcasts for 3pm kickoffs because they feel this has a negative effect on match attendances - including in the lower divisions.

So I think you'll find they are likely to be very keen on a MENA provider whose satellite footprint cannot easily be received in the UK.

Whether that is enough to put off AJ...who knows...they certainly seem intent on having a large portfolio of the Eurooean leagues and seem likely bidders to me.

Not really sure how it works, but AJ currently broadcast their sports channels on Nilesat and Arabsat so I don't see what would be so hard to extend those broadcasts to include the EPL. MENA customers would just need to ensure their dishes are pointed at 7W or 26E just as they are now, so nothing changes.

As for your point about the popularity of the EPL, the combines overseas TV deals have historically risen sharply each time they've renegotiated every 3 years. No idea how it compares with other sports, leagues etc, but I do know the trend is upwards.

The EPL is most biggest Mafia Society ...they always will play even by rumors to put price up..

They done that with Skyb to...
3 years ago skyb had 2.2 billion the rights...
now skyb will have less matches and EPL add even competitor to them BT and they gain for next 3 year 3.2 Billion pound. Mean 1 Billion more.
I do not think EPL mafia can play with mafia it self...

Like Albania lol

they offer to Albania 1.2 million bith providers did not represent it self...Digitalb told tring they will not bit in EPL for that they do not Bit in Italian and Champions League and price gone down 1 million ...Tring got for 200,000

Not only That EPL have even told tring if they could not sell ...they will sell 5-10K in UK with not much noise and they can do more money next time to sell to them more excessive..They need this operators to survive to put them some price more up.

This is EPL Mafia ..is playing now with JSC CARD,...OSN not care much about EPL...for reason they have the most customers in Middle east.

But i do not think thy will play much with Those guys around Emirates..when one day they can buy EPL it self and put them in the Bin.

oviano
07-01-2013, 08:07 AM
The EPL is most biggest Mafia Society ...they always will play even by rumors to put price up..

They done that with Skyb to...
3 years ago skyb had 2.2 billion the rights...
now skyb will have less matches and EPL add even competitor to them BT and they gain for next 3 year 3.2 Billion pound. Mean 1 Billion more.
I do not think EPL mafia can play with mafia it self...

Like Albania lol

they offer to Albania 1.2 million bith providers did not represent it self...Digitalb told tring they will not bit in EPL for that they do not Bit in Italian and Champions League and price gone down 1 million ...Tring got for 200,000

Not only That EPL have even told tring if they could not sell ...they will sell 5-10K in UK with not much noise and they can do more money next time to sell to them more excessive..They need this operators to survive to put them some price more up.

This is EPL Mafia ..is playing now with JSC CARD,...OSN not care much about EPL...for reason they have the most customers in Middle east.

But i do not think thy will play much with Those guys around Emirates..when one day they can buy EPL it self and put them in the Bin.

Well I hope ADMC get the rights again as their package is good enough for me and I am hoping to receive it here in Istanbul on a 1.5m dish via BADR6.

You are right in that without the EPL then ADMC won't have much left - can't see many people paying a subscription for WWF wrestling! Ok F1 too, but still...

robbiemcd
31-01-2013, 01:11 PM
so mp and silva have eventually got the rights for this region! they paid less that admc paid for the rights last time and jsc and admc also bid! mp and silve already do a lot of buisness with jsc and bein sport - none with admc! so personally i think this will allow the right to be split between jsc and admc - with admc getting the 3pms and jsc getting a bulk of the rest - this will not compromise jsc broadcasting on hotbird!

LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Television sports rights business MP & Silva has trumped larger rivals Abu Dhabi Media (ADM) and Al Jazeera to win a three-year contract to distribute English Premier League soccer in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Premier League announced the agreement with the international media agency on Thursday, the latest in a series of rights deals expected to bring the League a total windfall of more than 5 billion pounds ($7.9 billion) in 2013 though 2016.
ADM previously held the rights and had been expected to fight hard to retain them, since Premier League Champions Manchester City are owned by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a member of Abu Dhabi's ruling family.
Qatar-based Al Jazeera has also been building up its sports broadcasting business, launching channels in France and the United States, and had been expecting to bid strongly for the Premier League rights in its home region.
MP & Silva CEO Andrea Radrizzani said the big two broadcasters did not bid as aggressively as he had feared.
"Our price was quite near what ADM paid in the past," Radrizzani told Reuters. "Even though the price was quite high, we thought it was killer content for the region."
The rights cover all 380 Premier League matches per season and extend across 23 countries from Iran to Morocco, taking in the United Arab Emirates and Egypt.
Having bought the rights, MP & Silva will seek to do its own deals with broadcasters in the region to show live action.
Viewers in some countries may not need to adjust their television sets to receive new channels because MP & Silva plans to negotiate with ADM and Al Jazeera.
The Premier League is the richest in the world in terms of TV revenue and outperforms Spanish and German rivals when it comes to selling overseas.
"There is a lot of appetite for football and the Premier League is the best league in the world," said Radrizzani.
"The format is very good for the region in terms of time slots at the weekend," he added

oviano
31-01-2013, 01:56 PM
so mp and silva have eventually got the rights for this region! they paid less that admc paid for the rights last time and jsc and admc also bid! mp and silve already do a lot of buisness with jsc and bein sport - none with admc! so personally i think this will allow the right to be split between jsc and admc - with admc getting the 3pms and jsc getting a bulk of the rest - this will not compromise jsc broadcasting on hotbird!

LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Television sports rights business MP & Silva has trumped larger rivals Abu Dhabi Media (ADM) and Al Jazeera to win a three-year contract to distribute English Premier League soccer in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Premier League announced the agreement with the international media agency on Thursday, the latest in a series of rights deals expected to bring the League a total windfall of more than 5 billion pounds ($7.9 billion) in 2013 though 2016.
ADM previously held the rights and had been expected to fight hard to retain them, since Premier League Champions Manchester City are owned by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a member of Abu Dhabi's ruling family.
Qatar-based Al Jazeera has also been building up its sports broadcasting business, launching channels in France and the United States, and had been expecting to bid strongly for the Premier League rights in its home region.
MP & Silva CEO Andrea Radrizzani said the big two broadcasters did not bid as aggressively as he had feared.
"Our price was quite near what ADM paid in the past," Radrizzani told Reuters. "Even though the price was quite high, we thought it was killer content for the region."
The rights cover all 380 Premier League matches per season and extend across 23 countries from Iran to Morocco, taking in the United Arab Emirates and Egypt.
Having bought the rights, MP & Silva will seek to do its own deals with broadcasters in the region to show live action.
Viewers in some countries may not need to adjust their television sets to receive new channels because MP & Silva plans to negotiate with ADM and Al Jazeera.
The Premier League is the richest in the world in terms of TV revenue and outperforms Spanish and German rivals when it comes to selling overseas.
"There is a lot of appetite for football and the Premier League is the best league in the world," said Radrizzani.
"The format is very good for the region in terms of time slots at the weekend," he added

Would make sense, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, who gets what etc...

Are there other possible broadcasters in the MENA region besides Al Jazeera and ADMC that might get involved? OSN maybe?

licinius
31-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I hope they get a bloody move on, February tomorrow & we still don't know what's going on next season!

manic01
31-01-2013, 03:35 PM
epl is not the be all and end all of tv in Mena region.
And things move fast when needed.
They will need to resell the rights now.
Jsc will be dodgy unless they set up channels for 7w/26e only.

oviano
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I hope they get a bloody move on, February tomorrow & we still don't know what's going on next season!

I'm not sure what is or isn't likely - but I suppose things could get complicated if they split things up amongst different broadcasters?

Hopefully it'll at least be possible to get all matches from the same dish, whether it be 7W or 26E?

DARKMAN
03-02-2013, 01:04 AM

this mean FAPL MAFIA always play dirty games
Silvia Group is so much friends with JSC this is reality..

But is always about Money...Is game do not forget that and more then real game is Psychological game,

ADCM know very well ..Silvia + JSC = Friends.

JSC if they wanted they could Bet..they did not done !

Silvia done for them ! hmm
They can gave to JSC for cheap !?
i do not thing so becouse why FAPL should gave to Silvia ! they should sell by their self to ADCM will do good offer..

The game continue....Mean the FAPL when it see JSC got Rectro did not like put all those money for no thing !
They are using their friends for two options..

Option 1 .

If ADCM not offer much Rights can be split same like Skyb and BT... and Fapl has their part in that...will be much more money then sell EPL alowen to ADCM..

Oprion2.

This is This is the Trick. When ADCM know Silvia has the rights and they are friends with JSC ...maybe they will get upset...and if they have offer lets say for explae 2Bilione ...they will ask Silvia and say haw much offering JSC we pay more...
or haw much you like sell on split we pay more...This is the way they can trik the richest people of the world from Abu dhabi...ADCM..

I believe now all depend from ADCM what they going to do ...Th trick is been put on and ADCM is inside and they have to play they have no other chooses..

The Mafia show it self haw dirty can be in this situation..

If some one ask me which one can be always can say ADCM will be if not with 100% of matches but 90% of it for sure.

licinius
04-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Any agreement to sub-license the rights has to be approved by the Premier League.

No way will the EPL agree to JSC broadcasting it's product on 13e. That will take us back to the days of ART sports.................... but with more publicity now there would be container loads of cards/boxes sold on ****

manic01
04-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Theres plenty epl on 13 already and jsc are pairing cards after 31 dec 2013.

oviano
04-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Any agreement to sub-license the rights has to be approved by the Premier League.

No way will the EPL agree to JSC broadcasting it's product on 13e. That will take us back to the days of ART sports.................... but with more publicity now there would be container loads of cards/boxes sold on ****

Agreed. After all the hassle with European broadcasters and the 3pms I can't see them now opening the door to the MENA transmissions being easily receivable in the UK.

They had it nailed with the ADMC agreement, I can't see them taking a step backwards, card-pairing or not. They'll make sure it's 7W/26E only I expect.

Satstevecy
08-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I've heard that all JSC sport renewals will expire on Dec 31st 2013. This is because Al Jazeera are releasing an encrypted HD receiver on 1st Jan 2014. I can't find anything on their website but it does make sense. The middle east EPL viewing rights for 2013-16 should have been awarded in September, but instead Abu Dhabi Sports have a 12 months contract extension.

Al Jazeera have the money to take over the EPL but the fact that the signal can be so easily picked up in UK will go against them. Maybe it will only work on 26 east & 7 west. Either way so long as it's a similar price to Abu Dhabi Sports & the quality is just as good I'll be happy.

Jsc cards to expire on 31Dec 2013,This was to happen but has been delayed, it may happen towards end 2013 but will discontinue cards for sure!

manic01
08-04-2013, 04:08 PM
JSC win epl rights 2013-2016
Wonder if 13e will show epl, I doubt it.

Satcat
08-04-2013, 06:52 PM
JSC win epl rights 2013-2016
Wonder if 13e will show epl, I doubt it.

If not it would still be OK if it was on 3E.

frankie71
24-05-2013, 06:55 PM
If not it would still be OK if it was on 3E.

Anymore news on the pairing,and has anyone got a contact for an agent please im a sat installer based in Mallorca, but i have a uk address also.

Aldo
24-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Anymore news on the pairing,and has anyone got a contact for an agent please im a sat installer based in Mallorca, but i have a uk address

also.

Please read post#12 in this thread again, or you could try reading the forum rules ref this topic.

licinius
31-05-2013, 06:05 PM
The ADTV website doesn't even advertise the EPL anymore, it just says "exclusive sports" but nothing about the EPL on JSC either?????

http://www.adtvnetwork.com/en/packages/?gold
http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Home

Starting to wish I'd waited before renewing my Abu Dhabi Sports now

licinius
31-05-2013, 06:21 PM
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/business/media/2013/05/14/Mideast-football-fans-warned-of-late-kick-off-as-EPL-rights-sale-drags.html

licinius
03-07-2013, 07:07 AM
I still hope Abu Dhabi get it but so long as it's on before the season starts I'll be happy

h**p://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/2013/06/20/Al-Jazeera-Sport-seen-as-strong-player-as-EPL-rights-call-looms.html

manic01
05-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Bar the ink drying, it would appear that Al Jazeera Sports has acquired the rights from MS & Silva to broadcast ALL 380 games per season for the next 3 years. The matches will NOT be broadcast on Hotbird, but it is expected that the channels will be developed on Arabsat and Nilesat. 8 to 10 HD channels will be launched especially for the EPL and the subscription card will have to be paired with a dedicated box. A further arrangement may see AD Sports gaining rights to broadcast some or all Manchester City's games, but only in SD.

Source liveonsat

licinius
05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Just 6 weeks til the start of the new season. I don't think Al Jazeera have time to produce a dedicated card/receiver at this late stage

tigertimtim
05-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Just 6 weeks til the start of the new season. I don't think Al Jazeera have time to produce a dedicated card/receiver at this late stage

lets hope not...bit late to move satellite as well isnt it?

licinius
12-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Well the week has passed again despite the anouncement which was predicted. I think there is more to it than just waiting for Al Jazeeras signature to dry............

I reckon we'll end up with a partnership where the JSC card must be paired with an ADMC receiver with both providers sharing the games.

Satcat
12-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Bar the ink drying, it would appear that Al Jazeera Sports has acquired the rights from MS & Silva to broadcast ALL 380 games per season for the next 3 years. The matches will NOT be broadcast on Hotbird, but it is expected that the channels will be developed on Arabsat and Nilesat. 8 to 10 HD channels will be launched especially for the EPL and the subscription card will have to be paired with a dedicated box. A further arrangement may see AD Sports gaining rights to broadcast some or all Manchester City's games, but only in SD.

Source liveonsat

No mention of 3East then?

manic01
12-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Apparently not.

indi_lfc
15-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi Guys, New to this forum. Any news on Al Jazeera (BEIN sports) on 13e hotbird? or even nova sports? for the epl games.

nonecks
15-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Nova Sports (13e) lost the rights to OTE (9e)

digicon
16-07-2013, 01:40 AM
JSC Sports win Premier league rights Official: _http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jul/al-jazeera-awarded-premier-league-broadcasting-rights.html

licinius
16-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Can't find anything on the Al Jazeera sport website

indi_lfc
16-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Found this on the premier league website. world wide broadcasting rights _http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/latest-premier-league-broadcast-rights-deals.html

just trying to find what will be available on 13e. looks like Canal+ Cyfrowy Poland will be broadcasting the 380 epl games.

anyone know what other channels will have the 380 epl games on 13e?

Aldo
16-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Found this on the premier league website. world wide broadcasting rights _http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/latest-premier-league-broadcast-rights-deals.html

just trying to find what will be available on 13e. looks like Canal+ Cyfrowy Poland will be broadcasting the 380 epl games.

anyone know what other channels will have the 38p epl games?

That link is a bit out of date: Tuesday 26 February 2013, it would also be useful if you can state which receiver it is that you are using, as some
can receive more than others.

indi_lfc
16-07-2013, 02:39 PM
my receiver is the skybox f3, if that's what you mean?