PDA

View Full Version : e2 settings and more

kota
07-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Hi there

I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace my existing original dm500hd. I can really use the extra tuner option since having 5 fixed dishes with 2 diseqc swicthes is not ideal not to mention the additional recording possibilities I will get.

My question is am I to understand that being also an E2 box all the programs I'm using at the moment namely dreamset, dcc, cccam lines manager etc. on my laptop will work with the Vu+ Solo2 straight away when connected to my lan network or will I have to change some of the settings such as passwords or whatever ??

Cheers

sonic1
07-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Everything you use at present will switch straight over so you have nothing to worry about.

echelon
07-01-2013, 09:40 AM
you will need to ensure the ip address used by the solo2 is the same as the dreambox, and change the solo2 image password to whatever you currently use on your dreambox, for a straight swap over

obviously you cannot use 2 boxes on the same ip address, so if retaining the dreambox change its ip to something else and use that for logging in with your tools

VuCC will also come in very handy, just use the same details like ip address and password etc

so fairly simple really, it will work same as now if you set it up the same and only have the one box on the network at a time

if using both boxes like I did, the ip addresses have to be different and with some tools this means adding the second box`s details as well as the first (like dreamboxedit and flash fxp for instance)

simon 2003
07-01-2013, 11:40 AM
ive just moved from and db800 to a solo2 mate pretty seemless transistion to be fair same but faster

kota
07-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Brilliant. Thanks guys !!