PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt S4000 PVR Issue

Hunluc
07-01-2013, 09:36 PM
New Member, Set up my s4000 working fine on Firmware V1.11.16 but just tried recording channels on the EPG for the first time. When the recording when it is about to start it jumps to the channel I want to record from and won't let me view any other channel? So i tried Firmware V1.10.32 as your threads suggest this is the most stable but the same thing happens? Forgive me if I am missing the obvious.

Any help would be grateful.

blakmumba
08-01-2013, 04:46 AM
it jumps to the channel I want to record from and won't let me view any other channel?
Have you got both lnb feeds going into the box? & in the correct inputs?. If that's all fine, next step is to check your dish settings, make sure it's set to separate under 'tuner connection' or if using a single feed, loop through it (will only allow you to watch same frequency channels whilst recording) and choose that under tuner connections. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Hunluc
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Both lnb leads going into box, checked dish settings and found that it was set on loop through. Changed the setting but still did not work, then everything went slow/freezing....
Decided to use Flash.v.3 to clean things up, after reboot still no joy...
So, used Flash.v.3, then factory reset, installed v1.11.16.2012 via network settings-software upgrade server. Backup my channel list and BANG! everything is working perfect.
Hope this helps other new members.

Thanks blakmumba for your response and the forum for the excellent posts.:respect-055:

aftab4lam
19-08-2013, 09:10 PM
hi,any body out there who can halp me for my icecrypt s4000, witch keeps rebooting? itried to put new image on it without fectory reset.need hellllllllllllllp please

blakmumba
20-08-2013, 12:04 AM
hi,any body out there who can halp me for my icecrypt s4000, witch keeps rebooting? itried to put new image on it without fectory reset.need hellllllllllllllp please

Connect box up with null modem cable and run flash cleaner. Mate, honestly all info is already in the forum. 2nd post down in the link below tells you what you need to do (follow porter express instructions and ignore AAF Recovery).

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?159282-Icecrypt-s4000-help

aftab4lam
25-08-2013, 04:44 PM
First i would like to thanks BLAKMUMBA for the quick reply to sort my issue,now i have my box sorted with flasher and have bootloader 1.54 but my box keeps freezing now! i have to switch it off from the back and back on, its keeps doing that,i wonder its the image ?should i try diffrent image to sort this out?what image is the best for this box ?i appriciate your help

blakmumba
27-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Use flash cleaner mate and what firmware are you using?.

aftab4lam
31-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Use flash cleaner mate and what firmware are you using?.

hi blakmumba i am using v1.11.57. you think this is the best one for s4000?thanks

blakmumba
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
hi blakmumba i am using v1.11.57. you think this is the best one for s4000?thanks
Unfortunately all the released firmware's for the s4000 are crippled and until they release a revised firmware just like they did for the stc6000 your gona have various problems and frustrated viewing experiences. v1.11.57 'was' their recent release couple of 'months' back & yr best of sticking with it.
Regarding yr problems use flash cleaner as I mentioned above & instructions are provided on how to use it in the 5th post above.