PDA

View Full Version : S3600 & Sats question...?

Armpit1UK
10-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi folks, I'm pretty new to satellite, I've only really ever had Sky or Virgin so I didn't have much to play about with.
Just recently bought a S3600 and have a 1.1m motorised dish installed.
All fta HD channels worked well.
First of all I have installed the latest firmware & a cam bundle off here. The cam bundle is the one with the channel list included for 28.2. I am using USALs and the channel list may have changed the dish settings.
For some reason since then, ITV1 HD shows as no signal and whatever I do I don't seem to be able to get it to work. The same has occurred on other satellites that were working perfectly well before.
Badr was working but that has now disappeared and when I scan for it, it can't be found.
What have I done wrong?!!
I'm not far from doing a full reset and start from scratch.
All advice is greatly appreciated
Cheers
Simon

echelon
10-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I havent used that channel list, but the thought that occurred to me is that when you use somebody elses channel list, you normally have to reinsert your longitude and latitude to let the usals know your location

so check the longitude and latitude are correct for your location

Armpit1UK
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi Echelon, I'll try that and let you know.

Armpit1UK
10-01-2013, 09:09 PM
My latitude and longitude appear to be correct.

TK4|2|1
11-01-2013, 09:08 AM
They should be 52.63 North, 1.67 West.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Armpit1UK
11-01-2013, 09:52 AM
I just got fed up with it in the end and reset the service list, rescanned 28.2 and et voila ITV1 HD is back on and working perfectly. Just have to find all my sats again. Please take note anybody who might want to add somebody elses channel lists.

TK4, Thanks very much again for coming out of your way & doing the install for me. It's all a bit confusing at the min but I'll get used to it.