PDA

View Full Version : My Review of the C and KU band 2 in 1 LNB 621

TurboPirate
11-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Hello guys, another of my reviews with this C and KU band 2 in 1 LNB Model BSC 621, here are the Specs of this LNBF
C-Band
LO:5150MHz
KU-Band
I/P 11.7-12.5GHz
O/P 950-1750
LO: 10.75GHz
It has an internal 22KHz Switch so the receiver can connect to the C or KU Band, you only need 1 wire from the LNB to the Receiver or 1 wire to the DiseqC switch if you have 2-16 more fixed dishes, like in my Set UP I have 11 fixed dishes install to a 8x1 DiseqC switch. Now lets see the test.
First of all, I tried to aim or hunt a Sat with this LNB and it is a pain in the ____, so don't use it for Sat hunting/aiming.
I installed this LNB to a fixed dish I already have installed to Sat 40.5west NSS806 C Band, the LNB installed on that dish is the DMX 242 C Band only, I installed the new BSC621 I didn't see any improvement on the signal's quality the image and color definition stayed the same, then I tried to aim a dish with this LNB and it was a no go, I used the DMX242 for the 78west hunt and once I found the Sat I swap the LNBs and started to fine tune the dish with the BSC621, once I finished with the elevation and azimuth tunning I started to fine tune the signal moving the LNB closer to the dish and then away from the dish, also tuned the Conical Scalar ring until I got the max signal quality from the installation, did a Blind Scan on both Bands scanned all the TPs without skipping a single TP, I have done the Blind Scan before with the DMX242 and it skipped a TP or 2, so this LNB helps the OpenBox Blind Scan to perform better, the second good thing about this LNB is that you only need 1 wire where you'll get signal from both bands.
The settings for this LNBF are easy, lets say you have 4 fixed dish connected to a 4x1 DiseqC switch, you already have ports 1-3 assigned so the only free port is #4, on the receiver's menu you set up Sat 78west or the Sat you are doing the installation, look at the Sat List and select the Sat name with KU and the same Sat name should be there with the C indicating you is for C Band, once you have selected the Sat go to the C Band First and the set up should look like this:
78West SBolivar C
LNB Freq 5150
DiseqC Port#4
22KHz OFF
and then set up the KU.
78West SBolivar KU
LNB Freq 10750
DiseqC Port#4
22KHz ON
The 22KHz switch is what is going to give you both bands, the KU is factory (default) set at the 22KHz ON side when the C Band doesn't need the 22KHz tone.
Hope this helps you, the advantage of this LNBF is that you will only need a single dish where others will need to install a second dish for 1 of the Bands, I'll upload more photos in the near future for now I leave you a photo of the LNB.
Turbo