PDA

View Full Version : s4000 Channel Capacity

satnoobie
13-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi all,

I am having a problem when I do a scan for new channels on my s4000 it only finds radio stations, prior to this I thought I had reached the 10000 channel limit and deleted all the radio broadcasts that I had stored and now I have deleted all the channels I had stored on tuner 2 except 28.2 using the excellent polar edit recommended by blakmumba.

I have exactly 7000 video channels stored and a few audio, I suspect the storage capacity of 10000 channels may be limited to 7000 video and the rest audio sorry if this has been mentioned before but I cannot find any info on this anywhere.

Think I'll probably have to get deleting channels but thought I would ask first.

Any help at all would be most appreciated. Thanks

ManikM
13-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I used to have this problem. One option is to try e2.

satnoobie
13-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I used to have this problem. One option is to try e2.

Hi ManikM

Did try e2 once before but had problems with the remote control buttons not doing what they should, probably could have sorted that with a little patience but most importantly for me the picture quality on the icecrypt firmware is much better.

I never even thought about e2 but might just give it another go thanks for the help.

blakmumba
13-01-2013, 06:04 PM
It's 7000 tv and 3000 radio regardless if you remove radio; same rule applies. Has been mentioned before but can't for life me remember where!
Box is pants. Had enough. Polar Edit has its own problems. Back to using my trusted dreambox. In search of vu+ or dream at a reasonable price.

blakmumba
13-01-2013, 06:55 PM
picture quality on the icecrypt firmware is much better.
There is a world of difference between SD pic qual of the ice and dream. The dream wins hands down.

I never even thought about e2 but might just give it another go thanks for the help.
Don't bother giving e2 a try, has its own problems as mentioned previously by ManikM

satnoobie
13-01-2013, 07:31 PM
It's 7000 tv and 3000 radio regardless if you remove radio; same rule applies. Has been mentioned before but can't for life me remember where!
Box is pants. Had enough. Polar Edit has its own problems. Back to using my trusted dreambox. In search of vu+ or dream at a reasonable price.

Thanks for that at least I know where I stand. Better get deleting can't afford to get a new box just yet but I know what to look for next time.

By the way blakmumba which version of Polar Edit are you talking about.I am using v0.728 been using memory stick and havent noticed any problems at all as yet. (touch wood).

Hope your using a different version I really don't want any surprises. Thanks again