PDA

View Full Version : getting this on screen message

wwe
18-01-2013, 09:18 AM

a friend of mine has just changed his internet provider to Ole here in Spain and now he get this message on his db. He has two eagle boxes that work fine on his network but not his db.

very strange any ideas we have done the usual ie reboot, take eagle of network, assign ip address,

thanks

wwe

sonic1
18-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Have you changed the nameserver settings for the new provider ?

Zeke
18-01-2013, 10:44 AM
My brain is fried at the moment but anyways.

It looks like it's trying to start the www server on the local box and finding it already running. I doubt that's a problem with the network setup. Did anything else get changed ?

wwe
18-01-2013, 05:36 PM
My brain is fried at the moment but anyways.

It looks like it's trying to start the www server on the local box and finding it already running. I doubt that's a problem with the network setup. Did anything else get changed ?

nothing else changed just the internet provider,

echelon
18-01-2013, 06:59 PM
looking at the picture its as if some app or plugin has tried to start and the ip address is all zeros, and its looking on port 80

so maybe there is some plugin or addon or app running that tries to access an ip address and fails due to the ip address possibly being different than it was when it worked ?

this may be something like looking for a nas or laptop or pc , or inadyn, or some similar plugin/app

this could easily occur if a new router was used that uses different lan ip addressing compared to the old router

so if the old router was say 192.168.0.1 and the new one was 192.168.1.1 for instance

it could be a networking issue where the lan ip address hasnt been reset so isnt telling the router the correct fixed ip to use, or dhcp hasnt got an automatically allocated ip from the router ?

he also needs to make sure that each and every piece of kit on his lan has a different and unique ip address, as no 2 devices can have the same lan ip address

ian
18-01-2013, 07:04 PM
i think sonic1 has already given the answer to fix this problem in his post above.

Ian.

wwe
22-01-2013, 09:36 AM
i think sonic1 has already given the answer to fix this problem in his post above.

Ian.

still have the problem of not connecting to the network. I have reflashed the box to nemesis and bootloader 84 i no longer get the message but the sat box will find the network. i have entered everything manually and used dchp, but nothing, I have done a network check and all the boxes are ticked ok but no picture. I took the box to my house on my network with a different intertnet provider and it worked first time using dchp. Could the internet provider called Ole being blocking any ports that would prevent this from working or is there another reason.

I have also changed the cat 5 leads and tried wifi still no picture

many thanks

wwe

sonic1
22-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Try using google dns, make sure you set this up in the router as well as the box.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

wwe
23-01-2013, 03:10 PM
ok tried the google thing and still not connecting, tried the box with another internet provider in a different location and it worked perfectly. Could they be blocking a port in the router, and blocking a port on their system. This is a big problem never had this before, but suspect port blocking now if that is possible??

wwe

echelon
23-01-2013, 03:30 PM
if it is port blocking (which I doubt) then its clearly not a dreambox issue as you have already stated this box works perfectly on a different router and provider, you have also stated it works using eagle boxes which rules out the broadband or router issue too, so all these boxes work one way or another

therefore its a networking or broadband issue

wwe
23-01-2013, 05:52 PM
if it is port blocking (which I doubt) then its clearly not a dreambox issue as you have already stated this box works perfectly on a different router and provider, you have also stated it works using eagle boxes which rules out the broadband or router issue too, so all these boxes work one way or another

therefore its a networking or broadband issue

i have been in touch with internet provider Ole and there coming out should be an interesting conversation, id better brush up on my spanish

thanks

wwe

wwe
24-01-2013, 11:03 AM
OLE internet provider here in Spain have confirmed that they use port 80 for their antenna and also they use port 1025. how do i over come this is it as simple has changing the port in the dreambox to something else and if so what?

thanks

wwe

echelon
24-01-2013, 11:44 AM
OLE internet provider here in Spain have confirmed that they use port 80 for their antenna and also they use port 1025. how do i over come this is it as simple has changing the port in the dreambox to something else and if so what?

thanks

wwe

I dont know if its any help, but a google search shows port 80 is used for the http on the internet and is the default port

this page deals with setting an alternative like port 81 for instance

_http://www.grc.com/port_81.htm

what I find strange is the fact that the internet must work for a laptop and so port 80 must be working, and you said eagle boxes work, again proving port 80 is open, so I cannot see it being a port 80 block or nothing would work

wwe
24-01-2013, 01:04 PM
i read the attached link but still dont know where to change to port 81 on the db 800 is 127.0.0:81 in webif

cheers

wwe

Zeke
24-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Are you sure the DHCP had setup everything when you got the 0.0.0.0 message?

If you really want to change the port number edit the services file. If you can't find it on your own you might not want to be mucking in /etc

wwe
24-01-2013, 01:29 PM
www 80/tcp http # WorldWideWeb HTTP
www 80/udp # HyperText Transfer Protocol

so is it as easy as changing 80 to 81 in the above settings? or is there something else i must change in the box its self

Zeke
24-01-2013, 01:29 PM
_http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8601

echelon
24-01-2013, 02:06 PM
i read the attached link but still dont know where to change to port 81 on the db 800 is 127.0.0:81 in webif

cheers

wwe

I think you have to ask yourself what tool or file or plugin or embedded "action" was invoked that caused that error message

clearly it was looking for something on port 80 but was showing 0.0.0.0 before port 80, so clearly that 0.0.0.0 was the problem

until you know what tool or plugin caused that error message, you wont know what needs changing or why

when I access my webif, I put in the ip of the dreambox, so for example I put in 192.168.0.8 or whatever the dm800 is on

clearly that has nothing to do with 127.0.0.1 or whatever you meant, as that is not a valid lan ip address

so it doesnt appear to be a webif at fault here

wwe
24-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I think you have to ask yourself what tool or file or plugin or embedded "action" was invoked that caused that error message

clearly it was looking for something on port 80 but was showing 0.0.0.0 before port 80, so clearly that 0.0.0.0 was the problem

until you know what tool or plugin caused that error message, you wont know what needs changing or why

when I access my webif, I put in the ip of the dreambox, so for example I put in 192.168.0.8 or whatever the dm800 is on

clearly that has nothing to do with 127.0.0.1 or whatever you meant, as that is not a valid lan ip address

so it doesnt appear to be a webif at fault here

The problem is that OLE the internet provider is using port 80 for someting else therefore it is not availble to its customers, so i want to change the dreambox from port80 to say port81 how do i do trhis is it just in etc/settings or some other method

echelon
24-01-2013, 03:14 PM
The problem is that OLE the internet provider is using port 80 for someting else therefore it is not availble to its customers, so i want to change the dreambox from port80 to say port81 how do i do trhis is it just in etc/settings or some other method

I do not know the answer to your question

what I do know is that if port 80 wasnt available you would not be able to surf the net as no http website would be recognised

so the fact that a laptop or pc or eaglebox works seems to prove that port 80 IS AVAILABLE to customers

you were also told that you would need to find out what is actually failing that uses port 80, without that knowledge nobody can tell you what to change or where because neither us or you know what that is, and you havent yet stated what tool or plugin is using that 127.0 etc address either as its clearly NOT the webif as that uses 192.168.*.** protocol

what is the lan ip address of the box itself ? (ie:- what ip has the router allocated to the box ? )- example 192.168.0.3
also what is the gateway ip address of the router ? - example 192.168.0.1

can you put the local ip address of the dm800 into your browser on the same lan network (in his house) and see the webif of the box ?

does a pc or laptop or eagle work ok on this same network at that same address ?

what emu and version is being used ?

Zeke
24-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Post the addresses for all the boxes on the network. I'm wondering if a conflict is happening.

rigsby
24-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I used to get this on an old B Hole image all the time....but i did not affect anything at all, Dreambox worked well.

However, the problem was solved with a newer image flashed in.

wwe
30-01-2013, 07:33 PM
update,

All is now working, they OLE internet accessed the modem remotely and placed all the ip addresses of all three boxes ie 2 eagle and 1 dreambox into the internet and set each one up manually. not very user friendly provider but they sorted it and thanks to everyone for their help

wwe