PDA

View Full Version : new HD twin tuner receiver ?

andrewces38
18-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi All , Great site by the way , I'm currently in the market for a motorised set up and the confusing part I can see so far is. some motorised kits ( Dish , Motor, LNB and receiver) say you can record up to 3 channels and watch another, but the LNB is a single LNB ? how is this possible with only 1 feed? also I'm looking for a receiver that's similar to sly plus so I can get it close to wife friendly as possible hence the 7 day epg and recording facility , surely I would need a dual LNB ? any advice would be brill

echelon
18-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi All , Great site by the way , I'm currently in the market for a motorised set up and the confusing part I can see so far is. some motorised kits ( Dish , Motor, LNB and receiver) say you can record up to 3 channels and watch another, but the LNB is a single LNB ? how is this possible with only 1 feed? also I'm looking for a receiver that's similar to sly plus so I can get it close to wife friendly as possible hence the 7 day epg and recording facility , surely I would need a dual LNB ? any advice would be brill

a dual output (or quad or octo output) lnb is required for a twin tuner box, if you want each independent feed to be able to deal with any channels from the satellite

so a twin tuner box like sly plus needs a twin or greater output lnb - yes (also needs a twin cable known as a "shotgun" cable)

and to get channels from other satellites you either need a multi lnb setup, or a motorised setup

a vu duo or vu solo2 will do what you need

the multiple recording is usually done when the same transponder is involved
ie:- where the channels are all on the same transponder so no changes to the lnb feed are made