PDA

View Full Version : 5402 east/west limits

beany1
20-01-2013, 12:28 AM
have just successfully set up a motorised system,using tm5402 in conjunction with a tm2600 motor,using usals.this was achieved because of the wonderful help i received from this forums.at first glance,i thought i had enough movement to send dish as far as 30 degrees west of true south.but it seems i can only go 20 degrees .beyond this limit,dish would career into house.looking at the tm2600 manual,it talks about set east/west limits under motor control.i,m confused as to how the limits are applied.east limits are no problem for me.and i have no need for anything beyond 20w.what does worry me is the kids and grand kids coming round and selecting a sat like hispasat and perhaps knocking the house down lol.have hit right and left on set west limit.all i see are arrows.have pressed ok on this also.but have no option to set limit.bearing in mind i am a complete beginner,any assistance will be appreciated.

echelon
20-01-2013, 12:59 AM
have just successfully set up a motorised system,using tm5402 in conjunction with a tm2600 motor,using usals.this was achieved because of the wonderful help i received from this forums.at first glance,i thought i had enough movement to send dish as far as 30 degrees west of true south.but it seems i can only go 20 degrees .beyond this limit,dish would career into house.looking at the tm2600 manual,it talks about set east/west limits under motor control.i,m confused as to how the limits are applied.east limits are no problem for me.and i have no need for anything beyond 20w.what does worry me is the kids and grand kids coming round and selecting a sat like hispasat and perhaps knocking the house down lol.have hit right and left on set west limit.all i see are arrows.have pressed ok on this also.but have no option to set limit.bearing in mind i am a complete beginner,any assistance will be appreciated.

limits are set in diseqc not usals

beany1
20-01-2013, 01:08 AM
ah.not made clear in manual,even tho the options are there under usals system setup.i fear i may have to take dish down and adjust the sliding limiters on motor itself.thanks again echelon.

echelon
20-01-2013, 01:11 AM
I dont have your box but seen the limiters in diseqc a few times, or sliders on the motors

beany1
20-01-2013, 01:18 AM
yes.deffo sliders there for east/west limitations.oh well,back to the drawing board.east no probs.west is the worry for me.cheers.

TK4|2|1
20-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Don't store any satellites past 20.w, that way the kids won't be able to select 'em.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

beany1
20-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Don't store any satellites past 20.w, that way the kids won't be able to select 'em.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

thanks tk4.is it possible to actually delete sats from 20w in tm5402