PDA

View Full Version : No signal on all sats

nerothefiddler
25-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I have a Spiderbox 9000HD and a 1.1 Mtr motorised dish.
Last night when moving from one satellite that was working perfectly, to another sat ,I got 'no signal' on all channels. Moved back to the previously working sat and got 'no signal', it was the same on all sat positions from then on, still the same today. Do not know what happened.
Not very clued up on the tech side, what do I need to do to rectify. The system has been working perfectly for the past 18 months.
Very frosty last night but have had several nights the same without affecting the system.
Hope someone that has had a similar problem can help.

donki
25-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Interesting.

Have you tried rebooting?
Are you sure the sat dish it still moving or has it got stuck perhaps?
Cables all connected OK?
Check the above and if OK and using USALS try a goto 0 and then back. Get someone to verify the dish actually moves.

EXTRAFACTO
25-01-2013, 12:59 PM
this actually happened to me a while ago...like donki suggests try all in his post...
if that fails...try this...this sorted mine out....
on your motor you should have either a reset button...and west and east manual buttons
on some motors there are just east and west manual buttons
if you have no reset button on your motor...press both east and west at same time...hold for 10 seconds...that should reset your motor
this worked for me...i use a darkmotor
i am only suggesting this...if your motor is moving...but could possibly be overshooting the sat

donki
25-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I got a Dark Motor too but was no aware of those features. :)

echelon
25-01-2013, 02:32 PM
you can also reset a motor by changing to diseqc and resetting in the motorised menu too, this will reset motors including the darkmotor

then change back to usals, make sure your location is correct and check sats

nerothefiddler
25-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks to all for your quick responses.
Have tried rebooting.
All cables and connections ok.
Dish is moving. Also moves in 'Drive' & 'Drive step'' ( I can see it whilst I'm fiddling!.)
donki, what do you mean by Goto 0 and then back?. step by step guidance please!.
Would like to try the easy stuff first!.
There's a bit of Pigeon **** on the lower bit of the dish but don't think It,s the problem!.

williamtell
25-01-2013, 04:22 PM
lnb maybe? can you get a signal on any sats, start at 1west with a tweek.

echelon
25-01-2013, 04:52 PM
motor reset procedures were explained by compass here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151633-Motor-Control&highlight=reset+motor

I had to use diseqc v1.2 mode in order to achieve this, and switch back to usals afterwards

Franner
25-01-2013, 05:04 PM
If you have tried all the above i would definetly think about replacing the LNB .

nerothefiddler
25-01-2013, 05:44 PM
echelon, used your link to compasses motor reset procedure, followed his instructions and am delighted to say all is back to normal. Thank you very much, and sincere thanks to all members who tried to help.

echelon
25-01-2013, 06:11 PM
excellent news

I have now added those instructions to the tutorials in the FAQ and GUIDES section too

North Star
30-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Big thanks to nerothefiddler for getting back to us and letting us know the outcome... So many peeps come for advice and never let us know if the outcome was good or how they solved the problem...

satwyn
30-01-2013, 10:09 PM
echelon, used your link to compasses motor reset procedure, followed his instructions and am delighted to say all is back to normal. Thank you very much, and sincere thanks to all members who tried to help.glad you're sorted and no bird **** will not affect your signal unless it's a big bird sitting on your lnb