PDA

View Full Version : can i fit a second tuner to my premium and will E2 work on this tuner?

ManikM
26-01-2013, 02:36 PM
as my question asks, can i fit another s2 tuner to my premium running E2 (oPenRSI latest)

or should i try and find an premium+ ? and does e2 work and support both tuners on that.

(i want to keep ability to show 4.2.2 feeds just in case) otherwise i'd sell it.

donki
27-01-2013, 01:19 AM
I have a ME and although I have no use for a second tuner there are drivers for several USB tuners listed under plugins-download-drivers on image RTi, RSI & OpenAZbox 3.

My assumption would therefore be yes because the standard tuner software on the box under menu-setup service searching-tuner already has facility for additional devices.

The opensat site is being revamped or they have finally gone bust but they used to list various replacement tuners for all their boxes but I can't confirm whether these were dual or just singles.

Yes, I am referring exclusively to E2 images. :)

ManikM
27-01-2013, 12:18 PM
wasnt sure if only a plus could take 2nd tuner ....or it comes with a 2nd tuner by default, maybe thats the reason, i guess if i took the lid off i can see for myself

EDIT: after looking at photos theres no slot for a 2nd tuner

Carp95
28-01-2013, 09:02 AM
wasnt sure if only a plus could take 2nd tuner ....or it comes with a 2nd tuner by default, maybe thats the reason, i guess if i took the lid off i can see for myself

EDIT: after looking at photos theres no slot for a 2nd tuner

In orginal premium there's a slot for a second tuner!
DVB-C or DVB-T will work fine in E2, DVB-S tuners for Premium aren't sold anywhere, I have tested one in a Premium ( so 2 DVB-S2 tuners ) in E2, software only sees one tuner

ManikM
28-01-2013, 03:41 PM
if i got a premium plus (with 2 tuners installed) to replace my premium - would that work do you know? (ie would 2 tuners be seen and work with E2)

Carp95
28-01-2013, 08:43 PM
if i got a premium plus (with 2 tuners installed) to replace my premium - would that work do you know? (ie would 2 tuners be seen and work with E2)

Premium Plus ---> YES