PDA

View Full Version : New S3700 - Dual Boot Spark 7162 / Enigma 2

fatboy7
28-01-2013, 11:39 PM
New S3700 now available to buy.

Looks identical to the Alien 2 / Triplex's etc.

Any one considering one.?

fatboy7
28-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Full Spec - If anyone is intrested.

2 x MPEG-Fully DVB-S / DVB-S2 tuners
1 x DVB-T tuner
Dual Boot - Linux Embedded OS
Two Conax Embedded Card Readers
HbbTV - Interactive Television
Interactive Web Applications right on your Television
Youtube, SHOUTcast, Picasa, Twitter, Google Talk!, RSS Reader, and much more!
Opera Web Browser with FlashLite
USB WiFi Connection & 3G Internet Modem Support (Optional)
USB Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Support (Optional)
Ethernet Connection
Multi-Satellite Reception with DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS
S/PDIF for PCM Audio, Dolby Digital and DTS Bit-Stream output
Full HD 1080p output via HDMI
Endless channels (TV and Radio) programmable
Two High Speed USB2.0 Ports (with USB HUB Support!)
AVI, MKV, MPG, TS, WMA, WMV, M2TS, FLV, DAT, ASF, MP3 playback
Online Subtitles
TimeShifting and Recording on different Channels at the same time
Easy-To-Use Online Software Upgrades & Channel Lists
Online User's Manual & F.A.Q Videos
Alphanumeric VFD Display
Endless possibilities with Plug-In support
Program and Channel information transfer from receiver to receiver
Software Upgrade support via USB or Internet
<0.5W Power Consumption in Stand-By Mode

SYSTEM RESOURCES
Main Processor: STi7162 450MHz CPU

TUNER / FRONT-END
Tuner Type: DVB-S / DVB-S2 & DVB-T
Input Connector: F-type, Connector, Female
Loop Through: F-type, Connector, Female
Signal Level: -65 to -25 dBm
LNB Power & Polarization: Vertical: +13V/+14V, Horizontal: +18V/+19V, Current: Max. 500mA, Overload Protection
22KHz Tone: Frequency: 22±1KHz
DiSEqC Control: Amplitude: 0.6±0.2V, Version 1.0, 1.1 1.2, USALS Available
Demodulation: QPSK, 8PSK
Input Symbol Rate: 2-45 Mbps, Convolution Code Rate
1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6,7/8,1/4,1/3,2/5,3/5,4/5,8/9,9/10 and Auto

Input Connector: IEC type, Connector, Female
Loop Through: IEC type, Connector, Male,
Frequency Range: 47 - 862MHz
Bandwidth: 7/8MHz
Demodulation: QAM, COFDM 2K/8K
Constellations: QPSK, 16QAM, 32QAM, 64QAM, 128QAM, 256QAM
Guard Interval: 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32
FEC Decoder: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, K=7

POWER SUPPLY
Input Voltage: Free Voltage (100~240V AC, 50/60Hz)
Power Consumption: 20W MAX (<1W in Stand-By Mode)MPEG TS A/V Decoding
Transport Stream: MPEG-2, H.264
Input Rate: Max.120Mbit/s
Aspect Radio: 4:3, 16:9, Letter Box
Video Decoding: MPEG-2, MP@ML, MPEG-4 part 10/H264
Video Resolution: 720*480P/I, 720*576P/I, 1280*720p,1920*1080i, 1920*1080p
Audio Decoding: MEPG-1 layer I/II, Mpeg2 layerII, Dolby Digital, DTS
Audio Mode: Left / Right / Stereo/ Mono
Sampling Rate: 32, 44.1 and 48KHz

A/V & DATA INPUT/OUTPUT
TV-SCART: Video CVBS/RGB output, Audio L/R output
RCA A/V: Video CVBS output, Audio L/R output
S/PDIF: Optical & Coaxial, Digital Audio / Dolby Digital / DTS Bit Stream Output
RS-232C: Transfer rate 115.2Kbps, 9 pin D-sub Type
RJ-45: 10M/100M
USB: Two USB 2.0 slots - Compatible for Host
HDMI: VER1.3, Type A

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATION
Size[W*H*D]: 300mm*64mm*231mm
Net Weight: 2.0KG
Operation Temperature: 0°C~+45°C
Storage Temperature: -10°C~+70°C
Storage Humidity: 5%~95% RH (Non-Condensing)

paulipm
30-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Seems a very good price for what you get ,how stable will the firmware be Icecrypt doesn't have a very good track record.

fatboy7
01-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Fortunately, Icecrypt have had nothing to do with it as its Spark and E2 native, you choose.

Spark is fairly universal and E2 is still image specific (some suited to certain box's better than others).

Golden Media and Amiko via Fulan made this box first, so loads of support out there. Not sure how well supported it will be on here due to its nature and product sponsors.

Great concept, no more hacked bootloaders or USB sticks hanging out the back with images on, it has the ability to run either spark or E2 from separate internal flash, you choose which one, or swap between them.

Well sounds like they finally fixed the S4000 by bringing out a S3700.

philips
01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
I have the original Amiko Alien, single tuner, and am very impressed. Haven't installed an E2 image as Spark does all that I need and I find it a pleasure to use. Regular firmware updates. If the Alien 2 is as good mine and this Icecrypt is just another rebadged box then it should be OK.

Steve_W
07-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I installed one for a customer of mine and I'm having issues with 7 day EPG. I was after a decent Freesat PVR with twin DVB-S tuner and DVB-T and this fitted the bill at the right price, plus the portal, apps, media sharing etc.

I've just over written the firmware with the Turbosat signed firmware to get a 7 day cross EPG... bit of a pain in the arse as everything else works OK... will report back...

DARTFORD
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Hmm. I certainly wouldn't buy another icecrypt, got a 3600 cheapish as I am in the trade and work for a distributor but many of the facility's don't work very well like the NTFS. Suport isn't much better, they never get back to you, I gave up ringing them in the end. They only want to deal with people who bought the expensive PVRs. However the Freesat HD channels do look better than off my sky receiver and the Mcas plugin works very well

blakmumba
08-02-2013, 02:24 AM
I've washed my hands off this brand. They charge a premium for their products, have a nice functional homepage, unbelievable detailed spec's of each receiver on offer and....THAT'S IT. They either can't produce a decent stable firmware or tend to take more breaks than Santa. Even the plugin scene is dead or partially working.
In all honesty, I'd rather part my hard earned cash on a clone of the more respected receivers out there than buy another icecrypt again (comparing it to a clone should give u an idea what I think of the ice). At least u get what u paid for!

paulipm
08-02-2013, 02:32 AM
So is the freesat 7 day cross EPG working also do the uk catch up services work with this receiver (ie bbc iplayer,ITV,Channel 4 & 5)

fatboy7
14-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Yes.

Its from the same factory as an Alien 2 and I would recommend the E2 image from s*tsta*ion, (sorry hope that's vague enough without getting into trouble), as its actually written for the box and supported not just a port.

Haven't tried catch up stuff yet, I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Got to admit was thinking of going the Solo 2+ or the GigaBlue Quad (both about £300), got an £150 alien 2 and haven't looked back.

I feel like I'm reviewing another box on in this forum, well if looks like one, works like one, then just call it one.

Friendly-Face
14-02-2013, 11:16 AM
there is not much going on with this boxes, thei are dead as fish without watter, sorry to say that.
they have most of their boxes produced from Fortis and ther software have been dissaster, not only for Icecrypt but for all brabds that produce their boxes from Fortis. As for Amiko Alien2 and the softwre stability then i would say, the Spark is fairly ok in use but Enigma2 is not stable copmare to other STI boxes, Fulan has more worlk to do to win more costumers here in Europe.

I would stay far a way from this boxes, why not go for a Mips based box that allso are cheap, there are plenty fo this around like Gigablue, Unibox, Maxdigital xp1000 , and not to forget the TM Single OE

donki
14-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I got sick of playing Guninea Pig for every new OEM Manufacturer breaking into this market. They can shove Spark where the sun don't shine. Give me the flexibility of E2 anyday. "Oh but it also has E2". AZBox ring any bells and if one will end up preferring E2 then why not buy a dedicated E2 unit in the first place.

Cheap aint always cheerful.

fatboy7
15-02-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm E2 all the way (on all my box's), but got to admit spark as a system (like E2), is getting a lot of development work done on it and is close to rivalling E2 and if it continues will surpass it.

So limiting your potential to a mips only box these days may not pay off, as the STI chip set has much better graphic ability than mips for picture quality and can run both systems. Monitoring all the usual forums etc, a lot of the usual mips based E2 plugins are now being written for other chip sets, so given mips has been the king for so long maybe there is now a queen as well, hey its all befitting us in the long run.

Dont rule it out yet, I'm no convert but like E1 I can see the potential.

I have an Alien 2, Golden media are good (came out at the same time), I personally wouldn't pick another like a 3700, for example.

I've had loads of box's over the years, fell into a trap with my S4000 and took a year with developed E2 to get a just an ok box, played with a Alien 2 for a month and got board (its just works), its now my main box and out performs all my others on every level.

My only issue with the newer 'cheap and cheerful' range of box's is its putting them into the hands of the general public, which is no issue apart from that's not the reason they purchased them (CS). I've seen an exponential increase in this topic just this year, its no black art any longer, which is worrying.

Sorry sounds like a rant.

Steve_W
22-02-2013, 05:44 PM
After 3 weeks with a customer I ended up refunding and taking the box back. I've got an amiko mini hd and a TM 7100hd and 5402hd also and none are as complex as this 3700chd.

I'm struggling with plugin configuration at the moment and quite frankly running out of patience...