PDA

View Full Version : using AAF with windows7 64bit home premium

paulipm
12-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Hyperterminal is not included in Windows 7 home premium but is required for the serial connection , "teraterm" works a treat and is open source ,remember to run AAF as administrater

fatboy7
14-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Hi Paulipm.

You right, I cheated and copied the XP files over to W7 to get it to work, didn't even think of a third party app.

Did you manage to get your system working (fingers crossed).

Thanks...

If anyone's interested:

Open any XP System and copy the following 4 files from;

1-C:\Program Files\Windows NT\HYPERTRM.EXE
2-C:\Windows\Help\HYPERTRM.CHM
3-C:\Windows\Help\HYPERTRM.HLP
4-C:\Windows\System32\hypertrm.dll

Then open Windows 7, create a folder name of "HyperTerminal" under program files then paste the above 4 files.

Create a short-cut from the HYPERTRM.EXE to say the desktop, and your away (run as administrator).

Edit:
Just tried TeraTeam's stuff, just use that much easier (Thanks Paulipm), even works with windows 3.1 (and I can remember that).

paulipm
14-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Hello Fatboy7
My xp desktop packed up so didn't have any access to xp files so I had to sort out hyperterminal on my win7 desktop,I am still fighting with TdTmaxibootloader on my S4000(its the latest version by the way)

fatboy7
15-02-2013, 12:47 AM
I'll gather the files and attach them for those in the future (over the weekend).

Paulipm - Where are you up to mate, (I know it cross topic, but genuine help).

If its totally bricked, I do have a JTAG lead I made, may be of some use, but must admit been in a similar place, and managed to recover it.