PDA

View Full Version : TM7102HDT2 8280 Menu

rodlogic
13-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi,
can anyone explain the following please

I can access the 8280 menu on a channel that requires a BISS key
I am presented with a menu/Table with a list of keys (approx 40)
I know I can select a key for the channel by scrolling down and selecting MENU and it saves the key I have selected for the channel (
BUT.....
How do I know which key to select (do I have to look in the softcam.key file to see what key/channel) as I do not wish to overwrite working keys

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere - but I do not see much info re: PhantomPatch+Addon and how they operate on a TM7102HDT2

And now I find it has been covered to some extent here

www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?147136-Latest-TM-Biss-and-CCW-Keys

One other item to cover whilst I have your attention.
When loading keys via a file - do they have to be constant.cw or softcam.key ?

Thanks again

holmroad
13-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I do understand your original query mate - and I too have often wondered, once inside the 8280 Menu, how you know at a glance which keys are and which keys arent currently in use already?
I have often worried that by overwriting some 'existing' lines exactly how to know if by doing that you've 'robbed' some other channels?
Good point mate!:respect-050:

rodlogic
13-02-2013, 06:49 PM
OK I now have more information and have posted packaged called TechnomateMaker15.rar in the technomate 7000 series Tools n Editors section. The description should be self-explanatory - creates softcam.key files formatted for Technomate receivers using the "add-on". It does mention that BISS keys can only be added manually via the handset (I guess they age so quickly that you don't build up a big "live" list to manage)
:winner-019:

And again to add to the info - it would appear that BISS keys into the table on a TM7102HDT2 can be assigned to any number of different channels - there is a one to many relationship between the key and channels i.e. 1 key can be assigned to many channels - have done this for the BBC channels on 27.5w - entered the key once and then went onto the BBC channel, 8280 - selected the key - menu save, onto next channels and 8280 - select same key - menu save.