PDA

View Full Version : Invest or not?

ironman
15-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Hello guy's, not been on the site for a while as not been to much bothered by the sat scene.
Have been with Toe's almost since the start but would like a bit of advice from you guy's re the new Vu+solo2. Started off with the Humax in the good old days and then went on to a triple dragon and then a spiderbox 9000HD, all on a motorised dish 1.2m Channel master. My concern is going back to a linux stb and the complexity of running it. Is it any more difficult than the triple dragon? Would there be any advantage over the spideybox in functionality and P.Q? Hope you dont mind me asking so many questions after being away for so long.
Kind regards,
ironman :respect-049:

simon 2003
15-02-2013, 05:43 PM
ive never had a triple dragon mate but ive just bought a solo2 and they are a breeze to use,dont be scared off by linux only thing you need to do is FTP to it on your network and once you have done that you will find it a breeze ,lots of good tools (S/W) to do channel lists ect ect and lots of members who will help

voyager1972
15-02-2013, 08:10 PM
from the reviews ive been reading ,the vu solo 2 seems to be the box to buy,,,,,,,getting one for sure,,,,,,,,,,when i get the car insurance,,,,home insurance,,,,bt phone bill,,,,,tv licence,,,,,,out of the way,,,,,,,,,,,all landed this week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dosent life suck.....

Dark Cloud
15-02-2013, 09:20 PM
You'll probably see my name on a few Forums, but this place has been the best for help by far,...
and thanks to "Simon 2003" my VU+Solo2 is the Dogs Danglers !.
Oh, and bought via the Sponsor with 1Tb HDD installed made it even easier.

sonic1
15-02-2013, 09:53 PM
If you can use a TD then you will be fine with a solo2, good to see you here ironman :respect-048:

ironman
16-02-2013, 05:33 PM
If you can use a TD then you will be fine with a solo2, good to see you here ironman :respect-048:
Thanks a lot sonic1 nice of you to confirm. When I do buy it will be from Goldwafers, just wondered if it was worth waiting for the Duo2 or to jump in now. I only have a single feed from my LNB but could swing a feed from my Humax freesat stb box to act as a second feed ( loopthrough ) so not a problem, I would have thought? Can anyone tell me if there are any limits to the number of times the planned recordings are from the EPG? The spiderbox is limited to 7 recordings which is a bit of a bummer.