PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Player for Android

sonic1
16-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Vu+ Player for Android is now available on Google Play.

It was developed with and for Vu+ users in mind but it should work with any receiver compatibile with Enigma2.

Here are some features:

- Internal video-player with OSD (On Screen Display). No need to download and install external video-player although many others are supported.
- Multiple connection profiles. All receivers on your network can be added
- Browse the EPG and individual channels
- Manage timers (add, edit, delete) either from EPG or manually. This can be done even when away from home
- Search EPG
- Grab screenshots from live TV
- Manage recordings
- Send on-screen messages
- Satellite signal strength meter for dish alignment and adjustment
- Integrated help (English, Italiano, Deutsch)

Spidering
21-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the share.I always use MX player ,I will give Vu+ a try.

donki
21-02-2013, 12:43 PM
OUTSTANDING!

I can't express how impressed I am with this app. At long last an all in one android app to stream to devices without having to mess around finding additional compatible apps.

Works great with my ASSbox ME and my SE. :)

Dark Cloud
21-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Many thanks Sonic1. Within minutes a "Thickie" like me had streaming to my Samsung Tablet!.
Unbelievable.

flickerrr
21-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Cheers sonic is it hard to sort dynamic dns so can be used away from home? Is that more to do with the router?

sonic1
21-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Cheers sonic is it hard to sort dynamic dns so can be used away from home? Is that more to do with the router?
DynDns is easy, sign up for a free No Ip account, add the info to your router or Vu+ box and away you go.

flickerrr
21-02-2013, 04:41 PM
sounds easy lol will give it a go tonight cheers sonic. Can you tell me where info is put into the vu+ box?

^^COMPASS^^
21-02-2013, 04:55 PM
you can get a free no-ip account from here

-http://www.noip.com/

I use this plugin for my VUUNO enigma2-plugin-extensions-noipdyndns (which gives me no silly email reminders) unlike when i set it up through my router.

Extract enigma2-plugin-extensions-noipdyndns first, then ftp the ipk to tmp/ and manual install then Restart GUI

If that fails, i remember ech having problems with the ipk giving an error when trying to manual install on BH image.
Extract noipdyndns.zip you can send the noipdyndns folder and contents to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Then restart GUI

you can now find noipdyndns in your plugins and enter your No Ip account details

flickerrr
21-02-2013, 05:05 PM
brilliant info as always compass thanks, will let you know how i get on

flickerrr
21-02-2013, 11:35 PM
got it installed ok but i cant seem to add my details in the plugin - how do i add hostname etc - i can type numbers but not letters!

^^COMPASS^^
21-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Scroll down to the corresponding line to add your details and press the numerical keys to add your login details
EG: pressing 2 three times will give the letter c and so on

flickerrr
21-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Scroll down to the corresponding line to add your details and press the numerical keys to add your login details
EG: pressing 2 three times will give the letter c and so on

tried all that it wont give me letters? If i press 2 three times i get 222!

^^COMPASS^^
21-02-2013, 11:52 PM
What is your remote control set to in menu setup system ???, sorry cannot be more precise, not next to my vu+
I'm on my iPad ATM

flickerrr
22-02-2013, 12:11 AM
yes got remote changed in settings and letters working now great thanks

flickerrr
22-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Got it working at home but unfortunately not in work! Is there something different i need to do or how do i even view using vlc media player?

^^COMPASS^^
22-02-2013, 01:38 PM
iI have my Vu+ player settings

general settings as Internal Player

enable remote streaming check box is ticked

also make sure you have filled out your receiver profile settings correctly

IP-Address:
Dyn.DNS Add:
port Number: 80
username: root
password:

flickerrr
22-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes i have the same as you must be something on the reciever - anything to do with the openwebif plugin?

^^COMPASS^^
22-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Is the no-ip plugin resolving your no-ip account to that of your external ip address,

have you set Active Dynamic Dns update daemon to yes ?

flickerrr
22-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Is the no-ip plugin resolving your no-ip account to that of your external ip address,

have you set Active Dynamic Dns update daemon to yes ? - i can remember i left this at no as this is what it defaulted to

yes the no-ip plugin is working it says at bottom of screen

flickerrr
22-02-2013, 10:12 PM

should my current outgoing ip be the same as my no-ip ip address?

^^COMPASS^^
22-02-2013, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=^^COMPASS^^;868481]Is the no-ip plugin resolving your no-ip account to that of your external ip address,

should my current outgoing ip be the same as my no-ip ip address?

yes it should

flickerrr
22-02-2013, 10:25 PM
here lies my problem then! Got both the same now but still having no joy via wan.
In the plugin on vu should the DNS admin username be root or is that what my username is on noip?

^^COMPASS^^
23-02-2013, 12:16 AM
here lies my problem then! Got both the same now but still having no joy via wan.
In the plugin on vu should the DNS admin username be root or is that what my username is on noip?

we will assume your no-ip email and password are as follows :
pimps.no-ip.org
itsme @ mail.com [without spaces](use the email address which you registered with your no-ip account)
password EG: 123456 (use the password you registered when creating your no-ip account)

1.Active Dynamic Dns update daemon yes
2.Interval for auto-update 5 mins
3.Dynamic DNS Hostname pimps
4.Dynamic DNS Domain no-ip.org
5.DNS Admin Username itsme @ mail.com
6.DNS Admin password 123456
7.Activate events logging no

press green to save
and yellow to set now

both your no-ip & your current outgoing ip should be identical

flickerrr
23-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks compass i have all that but still nothing on wan. Only thing now i can think is the way i have setup no-ip host - i have it as DNS host (A) and assigned to no group. Is that same as yourself

^^COMPASS^^
23-02-2013, 01:00 AM
same here works for me
maybe your router firewall is probably blocking incoming traffic as i port forwarded my router i have no issues like your experiencing

flickerrr
23-02-2013, 01:03 AM
cheers for help i'll look at router tomorrow see can i do anything on that side of things

Marco
23-02-2013, 02:33 AM
i used to like the Android
Atari xl days ;)

_http://theisozone.com/images/screens/misc-31835-11314050468.jpg

flickerrr
02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
need more help please i still cant get this working!

on my router (tt huawei hg533) port forwarding i have following-
interface - nas0
remote host - blank
external start port - 8001
external end port - 8001
internal host - my fixed ip
internal port - 8001
mapping name - solo

setting on openwebif
enabled - yes
http port - 00080
enable http authentication - yes
streaming port - 08001
smart services - no

anyone see anything could be wrong? Have my firewall settings at low

^^COMPASS^^
03-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Same router as mine there a doddle to port forward

First you will need to Disable DHCP in adapter settings in Network on your VU so your VU+ will always have the same IP address
Menu> Setup> System> Network> Adapter Settings> DHCP NO

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter the following Address in your webrowser -http://192.168.1.1

login should be

username :admin
password: admin

once logged in

select advanced followed by ok on the popup box

Advanced>
NAT>
PORT MAPPING>
New>
in settings

Application & choose WebServer(HTTP)

Protocol : TCP

Remote host: leave blank

External start port: (should be defaulted to 80)

External end port: (should be defaulted to 80)

Internal host: (needs to be that of your VU box )

Internal port: (should be defaulted to 80)

Mapping name: (should be defaulted WebServer(HTTP)

Press Submit when your finished

flickerrr
03-03-2013, 12:30 AM
cheers compass have set all that up - getting following error in the vu player

an error has occurred in sub:main_jobdone (java line: 1190)org.apache.harmony.xml.expat parser$parseexception: at line 1, column 0: syntax error

is it to do with firewall settings - what have you yours set to?

^^COMPASS^^
03-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Try disabling your firewall and see if that helps, then you can find a custom level that suits you

flickerrr
03-03-2013, 12:15 PM
think i have it working now cheers compass - real test will be tomorrow in work i'll let you know!!
thanks again

flickerrr
04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
suprise suprise didnt work for me! Im getting the bouquets coming up and i can turn vu on / off zap channels etc - i just cant stream! Is there another port i need to forward? Can get into the openwebif and its the same issues - see channels just cant stream. Any ideas?

wwe
04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
hi i am going to give this a try i have registered for an no-ip so i have a email address registered with them and a password when i logon i can see several types of hosting modules which one do i set up ie is it manage domain? add domain? manage host? or add host? then what do i do with the information given to me by that, i want to be able to stream to my ipad and android tablets many thanks wwe

ps i have a original dreambox 800hd but waiting for vu+ duo2

A
10-03-2013, 08:40 PM
SD channels work HD keeps breaking up. Works on wifi only for me

ManikM
10-03-2013, 11:44 PM
thanks, was using dreamdroid, which is good, but doesnt support streaming.

i guess this with the SOLO2, and its transcoding feature would work brillaintly over the internet

donki
11-03-2013, 12:06 PM
SD channels work HD keeps breaking up. Works on wifi only for me

Wireless can always be a bit challenging for full hd files even on N 300 it can be choppy & even time out completely at times. Works great with compressed (divx/xvid) hd files.

thanks, was using dreamdroid, which is good, but doesnt support streaming.

i guess this with the SOLO2, and its transcoding feature would work brillaintly over the internet

I'm using it on AZBox & 800SE and it's the dogz. So my guess is it will work with any box that has a decent E2 image on it. :)

paulus
10-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Have been trying this app - but still at square one. Have connected to my Solo2 can use all the controls, send messages, grab screeshots etc etc. My big issue is How to you stream to your android device?? None of the controls seem to say "stream TV" so what control do I need to get the streaming started??

Many thanks,
paulus

sonic1
10-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Scroll through your epg and when you want to stream a channel select the one you want and you get the option to stream or zap

echelon
27-04-2013, 04:54 PM
just bought a 2nd hand galaxy tab 2 7 inch 8gb and downloaded this app from the play store
added the details after reading through this thread and seems to work fine on playing movies from the hdd and SD tv channels
I noticed bad picture breakup on c5_HD but c5_SD was fine, (perhaps its better with a solo2 ?)

all in all a superb app for any android device from what I can see and I know it works ok with my lads solo2 and his galaxy S3 mobile

also I found dreambox remote control - beta which also can control E2 boxes (and dream droid too)

28-06-2013, 01:45 PM
I've recently got a Vu+Solo2 and I can use the transcoding option to watch TV away from home on my Android tablet using VU+ Player. Works quite well even on a slow internet (1mb) connection. :)

However, I have to put my actual home IP in the "local IP-Address" other wise it will not connect.
I have my usual dynDNS address (no-ip.info) in the Dyn.DNS.Add. location (on the VU+ player -android) but it will not use this.

If I put the local IP of my Solo2 (192.168.0.x) in the "local IP-Address" slot it looks for the box on the network away from home and obviously does not find the Solo2. Putting the DynDNS address in "local IP-Address" slot is not allowed.

How can I force Vu+Player to use the DynDNS address? Having to find the actual dynamic IP and input that is a bit of a nuisance.

EDIT - SOLVED IT MYSELF

If you set the local IP as 0.0.0.0 then the use of the dynDNS is forced.

crabber
28-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Is the version you are using on your tablet different to one for a Galaxy 3 phone?
I hadn't tried this at all until I read your post but the receiver profile settings in the phone app seem different to how you have described them.
Mine have IP-Address for local and Dyn. DNS Add written exactly like that. At first when I entered my dyndns it said "spaces not allowed" but on the second attempt accepted it. The spaces were on the end.
Anyway it seems to work fine on lan although HD channels stuttering as previously reported. When I disconnected the wi-fi to force the phone to use data, just "G" signal here the slowest of the lot, it accessed the Vu+ solo2, the power controls worked and I got bored waiting for a streaming picture but a screenshot did eventually load.
So it does appear that my phone would work with both a local and dyndns address entered and would choose which was best?

28-06-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm using version 1.2 VU+Player for Android. I do not know which version you have.
Yes, "Dyn.DNS.Add." is the label used.

The speed of connection is vitally important. I would have thought your local wi-fi would be much faster than 3G? So for use in the house your LAN local IP must be better?

HD does not work over WLAN for me. (1mb connection at my remote location).

crabber
28-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes I have the same version, I tested with mobile signal to see if I could access the box remotely using the dyndns as you said you had problems with it trying to use the local ip when you were away.

crabber
02-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Help needed, I have been playing around with streaming to phone and PC and have a few questions:
Can the transcoding resolution be changed? If I stream to a PC using the port 8002 option from the web-if on my LAN I get different results from VLC and windows media player.
VLC shows a bitrate of 648 kbps which is too high for my useless and not upgradeable upload speed of 448 Kbps. (downside of living in a rural area)
Windows media player claims "streaming at 40000 Kbps" Does anyone know what the real speed is and if anything can be done to slow it down. I do realise this would make the picture even worse than it is now.

02-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I've looked at this from the opposite angle. I want the transcoded port 8002 bitrate increased. However, all my investigations show that this is fixed. I measured it at ~500kbps in VLC.

There are quite a few people asking for a user selectable bitrate. Hopefully, this will be implemented soon.

crabber
02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Yes that would be good, you are lucky to have a good upload speed. I have been in touch with BT, asking if I could upgrade or have a more symmetrical connection, I would sacrifice download speed for this, but they say not possible so have to wait for promised FTTC by the end of 2015. I am not holding my breath though.

02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, I'm already on Fibre (FTTC). d/l 76mbps, u/l 19mbps :)

My limiting factor is the d/l speed at the remote location (wifi - not 3G).

Hopefully, the more people that request the variable bitrate option (even just "slow, medium and fast" might be good enough) the quicker it may be implemented.

02-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Hmmmm... I've just been testing on my LAN using port 8002 (wifi) and now I'm getting bitrate of ~2500kbps.

So perhaps the bitrate IS variable and automatically set depending upon the connection speed.

If this is the case then it does not seem to be fully optimised - perhaps it could be improved with a user selectable bitrate option as well.

crabber
03-07-2013, 09:26 AM
There is a thread on vuplus community, VuPlus DvbApp Git, entitled Transcoding setup add bitrate/framerate support----------------------if only I had the brain to understand it.

Edit also in answer to my question about bitrate a coder has confirmed "Should be 500Kb/s" yet if I stream to the phone app in original it is the size of a postage stamp. This looks less than streaming to a web-if to me?

tilleke
03-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I've recently got a Vu+Solo2 and I can use the transcoding option to watch TV away from home on my Android tablet using VU+ Player. Works quite well even on a slow internet (1mb) connection. :)

However, I have to put my actual home IP in the "local IP-Address" other wise it will not connect.
I have my usual dynDNS address (no-ip.info) in the Dyn.DNS.Add. location (on the VU+ player -android) but it will not use this.

If I put the local IP of my Solo2 (192.168.0.x) in the "local IP-Address" slot it looks for the box on the network away from home and obviously does not find the Solo2. Putting the DynDNS address in "local IP-Address" slot is not allowed.

How can I force Vu+Player to use the DynDNS address? Having to find the actual dynamic IP and input that is a bit of a nuisance.

EDIT - SOLVED IT MYSELF

It is really not a bug. The IP Autodetection system (using only one profile both for LAN and DynDNS) works in 98% of all cases but if you are connected in an outside LAN with same IP-range as the one you are using at home where your receiver is connected, and you try to access the box in remote, you can get this error. In this case you want to enforce the usage of DynDNS and in the Menu on the main-screen, you have an option to do so (Enable Dynamic DNS). This will work for the time the app is open or until you select a new profile (if any).

The upcoming version will permit you to create two different profiles so you can easily resolve this or you can continue as now enforcing Dynamic DNS as explained above.

Hope this helps.

03-07-2013, 05:34 PM
@tilleke
Yes, the remote LAN had the same IP address range as my home LAN. My work around is working for now:)
I'm looking forward to the next version.

@Crabber
This is the new plugin.py for the transcoding setup. There is no option to choose bitrate but now it certainly seems to be setting it at ~500kbps.

Back-up the original plugin.py in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/TransCodingSetup

delete (or rename) exist plugin.pyo

Replace with this one and restart enigma2 and you can test the new version released today.

crabber
04-07-2013, 10:03 AM
It seems that the new bitrate and framerate features will not work with the solo2 drivers and it appears that the Duo2 drivers will be updated first.
Does this mean support has been reduced on an "older" box now to improve sales of the new one?

sonic1
04-07-2013, 10:50 AM
It seems that the new bitrate and framerate features will not work with the solo2 drivers and it appears that the Duo2 drivers will be updated first.
Does this mean support has been reduced on an "older" box now to improve sales of the new one?

The Duo2 has dedicated hardware in the box for trans-coding where as the solo2 is software.

crabber
04-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes I understand that sonic but both boxes are capable of trans-coding on the fly even though they do it in different ways.
The plugin.py contains these lines: print "This plugin is only supported for solo2/duo2." and is being developed to include bitrate and framerate support I assume for both boxes?
My concern is that the solo2 for which one of the reasons I bought it was excellent support, may become second best to duo2. (support wise)
Could you use your contacts and inside knowledge to let us know if the solo2 drivers will be updated for this plugin to work properly please?

sonic1
04-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes I understand that sonic but both boxes are capable of trans-coding on the fly even though they do it in different ways.
The plugin.py contains these lines: print "This plugin is only supported for solo2/duo2." and is being developed to include bitrate and framerate support I assume for both boxes?
My concern is that the solo2 for which one of the reasons I bought it was excellent support, may become second best to duo2. (support wise)
Could you use your contacts and inside knowledge to let us know if the solo2 drivers will be updated for this plugin to work properly please?
I will let you know as soon as I can m8

crabber
04-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Many thanks but may be too late as I have just read this posted on vu+ community:
"remember that bit/frame rate options can be used only in duo2.
the solo2 hardware is limited in transcoding and doesn't allow these options.
sorry. "
anyone want to buy a cheap solo2 ?

sonic1
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I would not rush to get rid of it that quick m8 unless it is an important feature for you, if it is then you will be impressed with the Duo2.

flickerrr
18-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi guys can anyone suggest why i can get this to work at home but not outside - WAN?

crabber
18-07-2013, 01:37 PM
You haven't said what you are trying it on, a mobile or PC using the web-fi although it shouldn't make any difference. I suppose the first thing to check if you are using the transcoding port 8002 is that this port is open properly through your router.
I have a Duo2 on pre-order and have been lucky enough to have tried streaming at different bit rates from a development duo2, I wont say who as I don't want him deluged with requests. I can post my not very scientific results later if anyone is interested.

flickerrr
18-07-2013, 01:41 PM
You haven't said what you are trying it on, a mobile or PC using the web-fi although it shouldn't make any difference. I suppose the first thing to check if you are using the transcoding port 8002 is that this port is open properly through your router.
I have a Duo2 on pre-order and have been lucky enough to have tried streaming at different bit rates from a development duo2, I wont say who as I don't want him deluged with requests. I can post my not very scientific results later if anyone is interested.

I'm trying it on galaxy s3, galaxt tab 10.1 and pc! Works in house, wondering if to do with works broadband settings / router

crabber
18-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Do you mean your works internet settings? possibly they don't allow access on port 8002 or something? Does your box have a static ip address or do you use a dyndnds service, if so is this OK? have you checked that the web-if works on port 80?

xonia
22-07-2013, 05:03 PM

EDIT - SOLVED IT MYSELF

can you please send me a pm , i have been trying to contact you in a while and the forum doesnt let me to send you a pm, thx in advance

flickerrr
23-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Do you mean your works internet settings? possibly they don't allow access on port 8002 or something? Does your box have a static ip address or do you use a dyndnds service, if so is this OK? have you checked that the web-if works on port 80?

Yes iv checked all that i use no-ip used to work ok must be a change in work internet maybe blocked

paulus
05-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Having used this app locally for a month or two, I am now trying to set it up for WAN use. I have set up a no-ip account and installed the Solo2 ipk (actually copied the folder since I am using BH). Having supplied the app with the data it says that it has correctly registered the ip with no-ip. I have updated the android app with the WAN data - and zeroed the LAN ip to force WAN usage. I have forwarded the ports 8001-8002 to the static ip of the Solo2. Having done all of that - I cannot connect. What am I missing?

05-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I've also got port 80 (webif) port-forwarded to the Solo2 on the router.

crabber
05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes you need that to select a channel etc before streaming

paulus
05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys, that's sorted it!

paulus
05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Final question . . . do I need transcoding ticked in the app? and, if so, do I need to enable in the Solo2? It seems to work OK (on the LAN) without it, so what does the transcoding provide?

paulus
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Sorry, not really final question! Via the dyndns link I can execute commands, I can see my channel list and select a channel. However on trying to stream it just circles in a "wait" state for ever. This could be because of the internet speed?? If I use the web interface and come in through myname.no-ip.biz:80 via a PC I get an authentication request. I was baffled, it wasn't the Solo2 login, and it wasn't the no-ip login (these both failed) it was actually the router login. Providing it I am logged into the router!!!! I was expecting to get into the Solo2. What's screwed up?

seagate1
11-09-2013, 11:36 PM
where is the vu file don't seem to be in first. if some as it could you pm me with it thanks.

seagate1
16-09-2013, 03:07 AM
not had any joy looking for the vu+ player file. is there 1 or do you just put settings in the phone.

crabber
16-09-2013, 08:27 AM
I cant remember what I did, but expect I just went to google play from the phone and installed it.

echelon
16-09-2013, 08:41 AM
I cant remember what I did, but expect I just went to google play from the phone and installed it.

correct, its on the play store, same as most apps are (which is why its not in this thread)

donki
16-09-2013, 09:42 AM
If you search VU+ in the play store it's right up there at number 1 in the results.

not had any joy looking for the vu+ player file. is there 1 or do you just put settings in the phone.

seagate1
16-09-2013, 03:57 PM
thanks everyone got it now.

paddyboy
14-12-2014, 11:05 PM
hi sonic1 any chance you could point me to where i vould download Vu+ Player for Android
be obliged thanks.

ozzsurf
14-12-2014, 11:25 PM
link here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169717-heres-how-to-stream-your-E2-using-Samsung-S5-to-a-Google-Chromecast&p=920985&viewfull=1#post920985

paddyboy
15-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Cheers lads as usual spot on thanks a lot.

Paddyboy

sonic1
29-12-2014, 10:07 PM
What looks like the final version from tilleke can be downloaded from vuplus

http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0110.php

Use an on-line apk installer and barcode reader to install.