PDA

View Full Version : Multisat settings bh 2

casper2
21-02-2013, 05:16 PM
I haven't tried to install BH 2.0.1 yet but wanted to check this question before proceeding.

I am installing a 36v motorised multisat system and on previous versions i copied accross the NIMS settings lines into etc_enigma2_settings.
This saved having to install 30 plus satellites manually.
Will i sttill be able to do this on BH 2 ie is the same settings file in the same location with the same format?

If not is there any suggested method of moving a multisat setup without having to do it all manually sat by sat?
Many thanks in advance.

VU+ ULTIMO, 1.2M 36v Motorised Visiosat, VBox III, Invacom C120 Quad LNB, Visiosat Feedhorn
Blackhole v1.7.9 also HTPC with Skystar HD2.

casper2
24-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Seriously disappointed i didn't get any replys.
Surely someone who has installed BH2 can check if the 'settings' file contained in etc/enigma2 for previous versions still exists in the same location and still contains the list of NIMS lines.

If not then i know in advance to get all the multisat data ready for manual entry

VU+ ULTIMO, 1.2M 36v Motorised Visiosat, VBox III, Invacom C120 Quad LNB, Visiosat Feedhorn

sonic1
24-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Not everyone has the same setup or needs as you, why not try it and report back to help others ?

tr8.
24-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Not sure what you are after.
I use Dream edit to take my channel lists and edit then send back to my box's
This worked fine as usual with Blackhole 2.01
Both my box's are 36v, and i have not change the sat numbers for over 15years I use on my VBox's.
It would take ages to get to my VBox's as they are in my loft and run the dish's that are down the garden
I have always made my own channel list as I have only 5 cards with my freinds, so make my own list for FTA and the cards only

Burnham
24-02-2013, 03:49 PM
I think tr8 has given you the clue why no respones. Everyone with a vbox sets them up to suit their own location and preferences - so there is no single settings file that will exactly match your own vbox settings.

If you have found one that worked before I can only think it was a lucky match to you own vbox satellite position settings

casper2
26-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Perhaps i wasn't very clear about my question. And yes i can try and see for myself, although it would be nice to know what to expect in advance.
I think it was Coke Addict who showed me how to retain my multisat settings when upgrading from one version to the next.
For a multisat 36v system the info which sets up each satellite position with it sat number lnb type etc is stored as a set of sequential lines in a file called settings which is located in ETC/ENIGMA2 for all the v1.x.x. The data itself is a line for each sat position which is prefixed by the letters NIMS.
Through all my 1.x.x upgrades i have directly copied these data lines across from the old settings file to the new settings file and all my sat position settings were automatically preset.

This was very very handy which was why i was keen to know if the settings file still existed and still had the same format.
It is not a 10 minute job to install a full multisat 36v system from scratch and enter all 30 + sats manually, which was why the previous technique saved so so much time.

I most certainly didn't want to get back's up, but simply thought that the experts would have known all the shortcuts and hence the answer to my question.

Answer or not i will feedback my findings when i get time to do the upgrade.

tr8.
26-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Use dream edit it works fine.
Did the change to 2.01 with my UNO not probs
Just pull the list off the receiver save to the hd on PC
Load by then send back to receiver.

casper2
02-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Thats a good sugestion tr8, may give ita try.
However the process i described above copying across the config.Nims lines in the Settings file within Etc/Enigma2.
I copied the lines across from v1.7.9 to v2.0.1 and everything is working fine. So the formats for this file seems to have remained the same and my sat settings are working fine.
Jus a short clarifcation from a previous comment. When using a VBox the reciever does not store the actual angular location. That is stored in the VBOX. What is stored in the reciever is the satellite number, LNB type and LNB switch number. The only info sent to the VBox is the satellite number and if needed the lnb number if you have more than 1 lnb. So the VBox is sent a number from 1 to n depending on how many sats are setup and each number represents a location stored in the VBox.

Blackhole v2.0.1 also HTPC with Skystar HD2.