PDA

View Full Version : New software for Atevio 7000 (Ice S4000)

JaapS
27-02-2013, 07:29 PM
At the Atevio website _http://www.atemio.de there is a post that there new open source TitanNit firmware is now also available for the 7000.

It looks like they left the Koreans for their firmware and found another.

Somebody over here with his/her S4000 willing to try it and post the results? (I am a bit busy next 2 weeks so no time to try)

echelon
27-02-2013, 07:36 PM
any firmware from anybody else is better than the s*** they serve up here in the uk m8

its been c**p for years and still is, which is why there are so many complaints about these boxes

the fact is we all know the boxes are capable of doing good things but these koreans are stuck so far up their own a*se* they dont want to provide a good after sales service and they never release a good working basic firmware that we can all be happy with and use

and yet you look at dreamboxes , vu boxes , spiderboxes , tm5402 or blade 7000s and several other boxes on the market and they have had good firmware and good support too

once somebody produces a working firmware we can all use and love these boxes will take on a new lease of life

its clear the koreans dont care as they havent produced anything decent and properly worked out for years, and probably ever will

and yet if blackhole or ramimaher or somebody similar decided to produce for these boxes you wouldnt know it was the same box !!

chris217
01-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I completely agree with your comments. This box has been nothing but trouble and was a very bad buy. Never again.

fatboy7
02-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Had a go today.

Tried with HDF and MaxiFlash bootloaders (I run E2 as norm), and bricked the box on both tries. Looks likes its writing to flash ok, but doesn't take long enough !. Had to use AAF recovery image to rescue. Plus side I've now got the latest stock FW as a result LOL.

I didn't want to try on L1.54 as I've just got it all working again for the spectacle of Saturday night TV.

I'll try again tomorrow with Icecrypts L1.54 then Altevo L1.54 and see if I can get it working. I cant remember if I had the right combination of box types.

Had a look at some of the images for TitanNit and it does look interesting.

Fingers crossed, as like echelon I've put so much time and effort into this box over the years, it would be good to give it chance, and believe me the amount of times I've had to retrieve this box from the bin doesn't bear thinking about.

JaapS
03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Made a couple of hours time this morning to try it but it doesn't run.
Found in a rebox forum that the TitanNit software uses hardware serial check and only runs on real Atevio boxes, I have send them a mail to ask for a bit more open approach for there software...

berliner
03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Tryed the software twice, loaded ok after changing the reseller ID to Atevio and installing after switching off at the back and using the scan USB method.

Managed to get pictures on the default channel lists, but when i tried to set up the motorized section, was not able to set up USALS or move the motor correctly.

Also lost access to any previous recordings on the hard drive.

Liked the menus, but also, it seems to access features such as the web browser you have to pay 15E, which i wouldn't mind if i could get it working ok.

Have to agree with Jaaps comments that it seems to be Atevio specific.

Well back to Octagon latest firmware as find reasonably stable.

Geoff

fatboy7
03-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks for trying Berliner, I too got it working about half an hour ago, and guess what 'there's a film on soon'.

Had to return my box back to icecrypt L1.54 with stock FW. Then use HDF flasher to change the box ID to a 7000, then loaded ok (still L1.54 but with reseller ID change), couldn't get it to run at all with modified bootloaders (for E2).

Only had 30 minutes with it but I like it, its like Titan of old but with a make over.

Didn't get to softcams or media players or web interfaces etc, just had a look round the menus etc.

My only observation or question is how will it fair with a 28.2 epg as its geared up for 19.2 (MHW), and channel listings (didn't get a chance to try the usual Enigma tools), don't fancy going back to set edit or dr edit.

The film will be over soon, I'll see if I get an hour or two with it tonight.