PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to Dreambox 800HD- possible?

madgooner
28-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi, bought myself a NSA310 nas drive thinking i would be able to stream videos etc to the panasonic smart tv.
Cant find anyway to stream to tv and was wondering if i can stream to Dbox then it would be on the tv.
Anyideas would be gratefully recevied. Thanks

Dig Deep
28-02-2013, 06:57 PM
If You hook up the Nas and the rest(DB and TV) to the LAN it will be fine !

madgooner
28-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Wish it was that simple, otherwise i wouldnt be putting these questions on here.:07:

echelon
28-02-2013, 11:10 PM
you can add a nas drive by mounting it in the dreambox image and can stream some files to the dreambox from the nas over your lan

but a dm800 cannot play avi files and so it depends on what you wish to stream from the nas to the dm800

mp3 will stream ok using merlin music player , and maybe some videos like flv for instance in mdiaplayer , or pictures in picture-player

and with a different box like a vu you could stream avi and mkv from the nas to the box over the lan, but this is the dreambox 800 section which is why I concentrated on your specific request (dm800 section - dm800 boxes)

so yes it works on a dm800, but not for some filetypes like the popular divx ones ending in the suffix AVI

its also worth pointing out that DMM have not made the dm800 for a few years !!

if you wish to stream from your zyxel nas to your tv and do not know how to do so you should make a new thread over on avforums in the appropriate forum there and give details of the make and model of the tv and the make and model of the nas and see if one of their "boffins" can help you achieve this.

perhaps it needs setting up using DLNA , or maybe there is another method instead, or maybe its not possible with this equipment setup, but surely you did this research before purchasing the zyxel ? (or should have bought a buffalo, or netgear or dlink)