PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo to 4 way Diseq with 3 Stationary + 1 Motor ?

Plessy
28-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Good Evening All ..
Quick question.

(Older)setup.
tm5400super+
10 meter cable to 4 way DiseQ Switch.
Feed in to Diseq Centre (2 left + 2 Right inputs)
connected to 3 fixed dishes and 1 1100cm Triax
D1 = Motor (42E -45W)
D2 = 13
D3 = 19
D4 = 28

New Vu+ solo have finally arrived.:) ?
FW 2.0.1
Build 2013-02-20
vplus_experinemtal.

Is it possible to control motor dish I.e select in ch1 Via 4 Way DiseQ Switch ?yet also be able to switch (like old days) instantly between sats.. i.e point Dish at 39'E have 13,19,and 28 fixed

Or Should I look into Vbox controller?
Or could I use My Old tm5400 feed the new fancy confusing unit ?

Seems as though Vbox needs a remote control also,,,, ???

Could I implemt the old unit to control the new unit, using old remote Ctrl to position/select satellite ?, Or Am i collecting far too many remote controls ?

Many questions indeed :)

Hope 2013 is good to each and everyone of you who love the hobby !

Slainte from Eire.

Plessy.

digicon
01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
You can set it up the way you describe very easy on the solo just used the Advanced menu section of the tuner configuration, I assume you are using a Diseqc Motor with the TD110 if so connect as normal say as follows

Input1-13° input2-19° input3-28.2° input4-Motor.

On the advanced menu for each of the 3 fixed satellites just use Diseqc 1.0 and for the Motor use Diseqc 1.2 now if you have your motor dish setup via USALS then when setting all your other sats up via Diseqc 1.2 at the very end on the Config you have an option to 'Use USALS for this Sat' so all you need to do is set this and enter your Longitude and Latitude details i am afraid you will have to do this for every satellite you can pick up but the box should remember your co-ordinates. If you are not using USALS and you are using standard Diseqc 1.2 then you would have to set the numbered position as normal for each of your stored satellites.

Lastly not sure which type of Diseqc switch you are using but some can fail if you send the Motor voltage through them so the best bet would be to have your 10m of cable go direct from the back of your Solo straight into your motor and then from the motor to your 4 way Diseqc switch this then allows the near 500mA to pas from the stb to the motor without having to go through the standard Diseqc switch.

Regards

Plessy
01-03-2013, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=digicon;869345]You can set it up the way you describe very easy on the solo

Lastly not sure which type of Diseqc switch you are using but some can fail if you send the Motor voltage through them.....

Solo straight into your motor and then from the motor to your 4 way Diseqc switch

this then allows the near 500mA to pas from the stb to the motor without having to go through the standard Diseqc switch.
_________________________________ ____________________________

Many thanks. digicon i

I am getting old and would probabaly never have remembered to try the reverce method, i.e, Route cable from stb to Motor and out of motor to 4 way switch. to feed 3 dishes....

looks like I'm in the deep end again ....

nice though.... seems like a propper BOX unlike many others ,,,,:reddevil:

Plessy

Plessy
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the advice digicon.
I got a brief time today to rearranged a few cables from stb to triax mfd41d today,simple job,but finding the time...
I still have old unit as stanby till i get more familiar with the menu's on this.
Crikey ! there's a lot in there. :)
Will probably take a month or so to get to gripps with the features and used to the new remote control...lol..
Slainte !