PDA

View Full Version : got no scart connection [working]

madian2
03-03-2013, 12:42 PM
as it says above i have no scart output at all i can only get hdmi only i have tried the driver for rgb repair but still got no rgb out [scart] i have tried severel scart leads /tv's and messed with all the setting in BH 2.01/2.00 and vix still no scart output when i had the solo 2 it did go to scart with a play around yet some where along the lines i lost it
done no end of reload of images BH/VIX

maybe im just thick so the driver issuse either im putting the rgb driver in the wrong place or god nows
gould a kind person tell me step by step where i put these rgb drivers

oh i use file zilla to ftp it across

madian2

Mickha
03-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't own a VU+ receiver but it shouldn't require drivers, to get the scart connection working.
In theory you should be able to set up the receiver, using the scart socket, without loading anything onto it.
Try connecting the receiver to your televisioin using only the scart socket, not the HDMI, then select Ext 1, or appropriate source, turn on your receiver, and see if you get an image, if not I would check if this is a hardware fault and not a software/firmware problem.

madian2
03-03-2013, 01:22 PM
tried that many times even remembering how many times i have to press the menu button so i get in to the av setting tried all settings poss still no joy there was a repair rgb driver out for this box maybe i put it in wrong who nows but it wont beat me

madian2

Mickha
03-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Have you tried other equipment, through your television scart connection, DVD player/recorder, other receiver, to check it's working?
Hopefully another owner will soon confirm if it's a hardware fault or software/firmware fault.

Owners, in this thread, seem to have no problems with the scart connection, except a difference of opinion regarding picture quality:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160855-VU-SOLO2-Picture-Quality

madian2
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
thanks m8 i have read that thread many times just tried diff equipment 4 tvs etc and the tm 9100 on the tv i want to use with scart also tried diff scart leads to no avail beginin to think it might be hardware prob now only the funny thing is it worked when i put bh2.0. 0 on first then just stopped funny things these boxes

madian2

wot i have noticed is on the solo 2 on the display it says HD its like it is stuck in hd wont go on anything elsa

even tried putting hdmi lead to laptop still no pic on laptop

echelon
03-03-2013, 03:01 PM
the laptop uses hdmi to SEND a pic to a tv or monitor equipped with hdmi inputs

it is not used to send a pic from the solo2 or any other box INTO the laptop

in other words both hdmi sockets are OUTPUTS not inputs

as for the solo2 , there were 2 bh 2 released , and the newer 2.0.1 updated to rev A by online update should allow the scart to work, this one does anyway (never tried the bh 2.0.0 with any fixes)

the fixes were for previous images as far as I am aware and not for the bh 2.0.1

press info/about and the image should say

Black Hole
FIRMWARE: Blackhole 2.0.1 rev. A
Build: 2013-02-22-vuplus_experimental

madian2
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
i downloaded the bh 2.0.1 last week of here hoping it would fix it but it did not i also used a usb to load it maybe i should go back to a earlier one and the do a online update [meaning solo 2 online update]

madian2

echelon
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I dont think earlier ones will update

the 2.01 image tells you you have to install it, and then do an online update

once you installed it the first job was an online update

but if you have installed the drivers from this forum that A posted you may have overwritten newer files

his post also told members to backup their files first

madian2
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
ok going to restall 2.0.1 and again from scratch and do a online update first before i do anything else thanks guys for your help

madian2

madian2
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
well did the above and still no scart output and now no hardrive detected might have to unplug and replug in that but thats a diffrent prob it just seems to be stuck on hdmi there is the words hd on the box display above the info display dont now if that has anything to to with it or is that just to say there ia hardrive there

madian2

echelon
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
a hard drive is actually a Hard Disk Drive which is HDD , not HD

I have c5HD on test at the moment in the catseye lists and HD is above my channel 5 HD channel listing in the led, and I think its the dolby symbol too

I would download the catseye list, check the info about and see if it says BH 2.0.1 and if its not rev A try updating it

chances are you have to remount the hdd too

madian2
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
well did everthing by the book and still no scart [oh well hdmi it is then] there is no way the scart is going to work so maybe i should think of other options to get it up to my other tv 0r maybe the laptop any way i can get the plugins to work on laptop thuogh solo2 to laptop i can get sat to work on laptop by typing in addy on laptop but i want to use the pluggins though it aswell ie 1channel

madian2

echelon
03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
test the yellow/red/white to a tv, if that works you can use that output and use a scart adapter if required to change from phono to scart

madian2
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
test the yellow/red/white to a tv, if that works you can use that output and use a scart adapter if required to change from phono to scart

allready did that no joy thanks anyway

madian2