PDA

View Full Version : Manchester UTD-Real Madrid

bob
05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Channel data : 24.5w,10962v,14240(dvb-s2,hdtv)
Channel Name : Arqiva UKI 1602
Date : 05/03
Time : 18:10
Sat Name : Intelsat 905
Sat Pos : 24.5°W
Event Type : Football CL: Manchester UTD-Real Madrid

Football CL: Manchester UTD-Real Madrid,10.0°E
Channel data : 10e,10994v,5000(dvb-s2,hdtv,mpeg-4)
Channel Name : FEED-HD
Time : 18:08

Sat Name : Eutelsat W2Aat Pos : 10.0°E

Football CL: Manchester UTD-Real Madrid,07.0°E
Channel data : 7e,10991h,19200(dvb-s2,hdtv,enc.)
Channel Name : uki 1493 path a
Time : 18:24

Sat Name : Eutelsat W3A
Sat Pos : 07.0°E
Football CL: about Manchester UTD-Real Madrid,10.0°E
Channel data : 10e,10995h,7120(dvb-s2,hdtv)
Channel Name : ARQ NST HD 1

simon 2003
05-03-2013, 10:54 PM
LOVE United hate stupid refereee decisions ,we had them there £$£$%$%$%$^&*(*&(ers

doesnt help when most of the pundits are ex liverpool,i mean on aljazeera ,mcmamnamen,souness owen there all delighted ffs

scallywag
05-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Keane ITV

scallywag
05-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Neville Sky

simon 2003
05-03-2013, 11:49 PM
shut it you#

scallywag
05-03-2013, 11:51 PM
So why was their goal disallowed:p

scallywag
05-03-2013, 11:52 PM
and why did that upset you

simon 2003
06-03-2013, 12:08 AM
was offside wasnt it ,no sorry ramos went up with his elbows,,and come on scally was that a red ffs ,also dont gloat mate our 20th title is as good as in the bag ,thats what hurts you lot most we are most sucessful english team, comes to something when liverpools highlight of the season is when United get knocked out the champions league ,mid table mediocrity and thursday nights to look forward to for you lot

and why did that upset you

probably to do with the 9 cans of holstien pills ive had

scallywag
06-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Not gloating .I hate CL night and will admit I am jealous every time I see a British club in it when I see the CL. I have seen us win the European cup several time live and the memories will always last but I will always have a laugh when United lose and unfortunately for me this season it has been a rare occasion. Not gloating just enjoying myself.

simon 2003
06-03-2013, 12:25 AM
id be more upset about the 23 yrs since you won the league mate although think you got a decent manager now though if you can keep suarez and get a decent center half ??
and was it a red in your eyes or wasnt it,?and 11 v 11 who would have won ???
just think the ref robbed us off a chance to progress

donki
06-03-2013, 11:03 AM
United should have been away with it in the first half but as usual did not take their chances but also were foiled by a keeper in exceptional form. In all honesty, Madrid were all over United before Nani was outragiously dismissed by a moron disguised as a referee.

Even at 3-2 down UTD still had their chances that were either foild or squandered.

All-in-all a night of bad luck all round and I am really ****ed coz I though we had a real chance to win it AGAIN this year.

ajp
06-03-2013, 12:17 PM
enjoyed the game dangerous play he had to go and on the itv panel roy Keane was the only one who was straight down the line with his comments and fergy was a coward he would not the cameras after the defeat, that says it all

donki
06-03-2013, 01:32 PM
enjoyed the game dangerous play he had to go and on the itv panel roy Keane was the only one who was straight down the line with his comments and fergy was a coward he would not the cameras after the defeat, that says it all
You may have enjoyed the game but like Roy Keane, you could not have been watching it coz you and he are the only ones with such a perverted opinion and I quote from the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21679253):

Paddy Crerand, who played for Manchester United from 1963-1971, told BBC Radio Ulster: "Roy Keane was in a minority of one. Not one person said it was a red card except Roy. Does Roy want to be noticed?

"Why are we talking about Roy Keane? Why do we not talk about the 99.9% of people who said it wasn't a sending off. Why are we talking about Roy Keane - because he played for Manchester United. Well, let me tell you something. I played with Manchester United, I played in a European Cup final, Roy didn't. The referee was wrong."

Retired referee Dermot Gallagher on BBC Radio 5 live: "[The decision was] harsh to say the least, but in fairness the Real player did Nani no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly not the ribs as the guy has gone down and shown.

"I can't reiterate enough that he [Nani] is watching the ball over his shoulder, there was no malice in him. At worst it was a yellow for dangerous play, but if I was refereeing that game I cannot see by what stretch of the imagination I would have sent him off for that."

Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan: "The manager is not in a state to talk to the referee about the decision. I think it speaks volumes I am here speaking now and not the manager of this fantastic football club. The decision seemed very harsh, possibly incredible at that moment in the game."

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho: "I can say for certain Arbeloa did not feign contact. It was quite strong and he was shown a red. It could have been a yellow. Playing with a man down for such a long period of time is going to change a lot. When we were against 10, we played very well for 10 minutes. We gave them a new problem they couldn't solve."

Everton manager David Moyes on BBC Radio 5 live: "I think tonight Sir Alex Ferguson will be rightly as angry as he has ever been. The decision changed the game. I am looking from a manager's point of view and Manchester United have had a hard time tonight. I think they have a right to surround the referee. The decision was poor and it has cost them the biggest prize in football."

Former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Dietmar Hamann on Sky Sports: "He wants to bring it down, I think no Real Madrid player expected it, nobody was claiming a red card. He didn't see him he didn't mean to do it, it's not even a booking."

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville on Twitter : " Been going to Old Trafford since age of five and I've never seen the whole ground as in disbelief as they were last night at a decision.

"Nani is a player who regularly tries to control a pass like this over his shoulder and its never a red card. Changed the whole game. Poor ref. The crowd actually weren't angry / weren't shouting they were just open mouthed and in shock. Just ruined a fascinating match and didn't feel right to Utd or Madrid people in the stadium."

Former Manchester United player Lou Macari on BBC Radio 5 live: "This referee had plenty of time last night - there were players lying down waiting to get treatment during that thinking time.

"I couldn't believe it, like everyone at Old Trafford, when he pulled out a red card. It was simply a wrong decision. I'm sure when he looks at it this morning, he will realise it was wrong."

scallywag
06-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Mind you the handball on the line was a red and that was not given and there was minimal contact for the disallowed goal.
Also Chelsea last season went down to 10 men against Barca a lot earlier and away from home. They made a better fist of it than United.

scallywag
06-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Paddy v Roy
'Well, let me tell you something, I played with Manchester United, I played in a European Cup final, Roy didn’t. The referee was wrong"
Yes but Keane's performance in the semi final was the sole reason United reached the final in 99. One hell of a performance that was.

Dreamcatcher
06-03-2013, 04:13 PM
For some reason Keane doesn't like Man U. Not just about last night but he hardly ever has a good word to say about them.

Hope he changes if/when Watford join the big guns next season.;)

ajp
06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
what ever u quote there out and the ref used the letter and if it was the other way round fergy would have screamed for a red card you need to move on

Dreamcatcher
06-03-2013, 04:42 PM
what ever u quote there out and the ref used the letter and if it was the other way round fergy would have screamed for a red card you need to move on
Who does?

gbmitie
06-03-2013, 06:02 PM
the best bit for me was geoffrey boycott slapping down alan green on 5 live, made up for the loss, top man that geoffrey.

we gave away 2 bad goals .. end of,

ajp
06-03-2013, 06:22 PM
the united fans
Who does?

chopper1
06-03-2013, 06:47 PM
so Utd were hard done by?, it happens to other teams week in week out lol

I would say SAF had another blinder of a performance and Ferdinand for his circasm clapping the referee will land both in trouble

dog-man
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
:respect-001:

donki
06-03-2013, 08:53 PM
:respect-001:

Wow, I never knew Ferdinand was a Pimps Member!

Anyway, United were robbed and the referee should get a hefty fine and serve a 6 match ban. :)

dog-man
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
:D

Couldn't have happened to a more arrogant team!

The high kick by Nani was accidental, but reckless, so the red card was correct.

dog-man

holmroad
06-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Apparently this ref has done this sort of thing before - he hasnt a CLUE - where DO FIFA get these weirdoes from?
The man's a liability, especially as he ruined the whole game just as United were cruising home - everyone could see that! They should have had five or six goals to RM's two or three - it was a travesty - and all thanks to one silly little man chasing personal notoriety!
This daft ref should NEVER be allowed to ref a top game again!:mad:

gbmitie
06-03-2013, 11:52 PM
well to make it even harder to bear, this man agrees with the ref "Pierluigi Collina" and a replay on RTE2 tonight shows nani looking over his shoulder before the impact. we shot ourselves in the foot by getting overheated, a cool head was called for, if we had won it would all be forgotten. those 2 goals were bad

Detlef
06-03-2013, 11:56 PM
If Arbeloa hadn't himself jumped that kick would have been at his neck height. Now that is just bl**dy dangerous and well worthy of a Red Card.

Generally a kick above waist height is considered as a "high"; if another player is close by then it is dangerous play.

bonovox
07-03-2013, 01:59 AM
well to make it even harder to bear, this man agrees with the ref "Pierluigi Collina" and a replay on RTE2 tonight shows nani looking over his shoulder before the impact. we shot ourselves in the foot by getting overheated, a cool head was called for, if we had won it would all be forgotten. those 2 goals were bad

I agree, whether it was right decision or wrong for the red card (though harsh in my opinion) United went to pieces for 15 minutes after it. Ferguson let it get to him and this transferred to the players. I didn't see Fergie make any tactical decisions after it happened or consider a sub. Maybe Welbeck for Rooney at that time would have been a good call, with Rooney playing a little deeper. After Rooney did come on United looked like they might score but by then it was too late. Regarding the high boot and dangerous play, Crouch last Saturday attempted an overhead kick and knocked a guy out cold. Never got a booking. With the letter of the law that was applied last night he surely should have been sent off. Its ridiculous in my opinion cos that suggests attempting a spectacular volley with your boot above head height or an overhead kick will now result in a red card in a Champions League game.

bonovox
07-03-2013, 02:04 AM
For some reason Keane doesn't like Man U. Not just about last night but he hardly ever has a good word to say about them.

Hope he changes if/when Watford join the big guns next season.;)

Maybe cos he got shown the door after criticizing the young players when he was still playing for United. Fergie virtually frog marched him through the gates of Old Trafford. Its fairly obvious he's pretty bitter about how his United career ended. Still a United legend even though he's not a very good pundit.

sstylianou1976
07-03-2013, 02:42 AM
I had a feeling I would see a thread about the game the decision to send off Nani was correct whether was intent or not if you endanger the player's safety it is a straight red I pity Alex Fergerson he is a disgrace to the game he should lead by example and he did not that night he should know better with a man of his experience thus causing his team to lose he should had used that energy to fire the players up to win instead dwells too much on the decision to have Nani sent off that is his fault major tactical error he only has himself to blame as for Roy Keane he is not a saint either yet pulled no punches on itv1 that night whereas the rest of the media over here and the pundits on tv are too politically correct to say it as it is so welldone to him in that respect.

Dreamcatcher
07-03-2013, 02:00 PM
The world and his wife will have an opinion on the Nani incident but it's a shame after the two legs, once again we are talking about the referee and NOT the tie overall. At the time Nani was sent off United were 2-1 up with an away goal advantage. The players heads will have dropped when he went, even if they tried not to. At that point in went two goals before they sorted themselves out. We will never know for sure but on the face of it, right or wrong 'the incident' decide the game.

scallywag
07-03-2013, 02:21 PM
The world and his wife will have an opinion on the Nani incident but it's a shame after the two legs, once again we are talking about the referee and NOT the tie overall. At the time Nani was sent off United were 2-1 up with an away goal advantage. The players heads will have dropped when he went, even if they tried not to. At that point in went two goals before they sorted themselves out. We will never know for sure but on the face of it, right or wrong 'the incident' decide the game.

Chelsea were one behind against Barca when their captain and if reports are to be believed their manager was sent off. They showed some balls. United lost their heads and it was only when Jose went back into his defensive shell having got themselves ahead did United come back into the game. I remember Eboue being sent off for a sililar incident and Fergie said it was 100% correct. I wonder if you play both incidents together if he still believes it was 100% correct.

donki
07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
There's always next season. :)

Dreamcatcher
07-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Chelsea were one behind against Barca when their captain and if reports are to be believed their manager was sent off. They showed some balls. United lost their heads and it was only when Jose went back into his defensive shell having got themselves ahead did United come back into the game. I remember Eboue being sent off for a sililar incident and Fergie said it was 100% correct. I wonder if you play both incidents together if he still believes it was 100% correct.
Fair point Scall. I suppose it's just that neutrals like me would like to see a Premiership team progress in the CL. Unfortunately we don't have a team in the quarters for the first time in years. That would have been a yellow in the EPL though. Looking back at 'referee incidents' in the CL I think the worst was RVP being sent off for playing on after the referees whistle.

simon 2003
07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
it affected the team mentally more than anything the fact that we were down to 10 men ,i thought fergie should have reacted quicker with substituions i would have took van persie off and put ando on and just left welbeck up top on his own and just try and dig in defensivley its gone now move on we can still do a double

scallywag
07-03-2013, 10:29 PM
it affected the team mentally more than anything the fact that we were down to 10 men ,i thought fergie should have reacted quicker with substituions i would have took van persie off and put ando on and just left welbeck up top on his own and just try and dig in defensivley its gone now move on we can still do a doubleYou do go mentally and Fergie lost the plot. By the time he recovered he damage was done.There was about a five min spell where Tyldsley said here was no way they could hang on like that. Fergie missed that or was too angry.

simon 2003
07-03-2013, 10:58 PM
id probably agree that fergie conveyed his frustraition onto the players only human nature though because the whole ground was shocked about decision

Barney
07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Yellow card was enuff ..but i'm sure it was likely worthwhile for Ref to pull a Red card i'm sure he's already reaping the benifits of his "back-hander" .
to be fair im glad its over 'cause we never got a decision over the 2 legs anyhow .
What i'd like to see happen now however is to see Rooney and RVP start on Sunday let them both show the media and the world exactly what they can do and when they both are allowed to preform and score im sure this will silence the Haters and turn a big negative into a positive ..utd now need to forget about champions league its done thnx to a dodgy Ref ..and now win in style the double there is plenty to play for and every reason to up thier game chelsea already will feel about 1 inch tall after loosing at the Disney league tonight ..no better time to take out thier anger in the right way and stuff Chelsea and make absolute sure Chelsea have nothing to play for ..1 win for UTD on Sunday really will change everything ..nothing to be sad about we did as much as we could but the Ref just was not for letting us progress any further no matter what we done , cant fault SAF or Rooney or any Utd player for that ,
it was a bit of a gamble to select Nani over Rooney and it didnt really work out but im sure lesson learned ..if it was upto me i woulda tried the exact opposite and went with Rooney to start and do damage then try Nani for last 20 mins ..but if we knock chelsea out on Sunday it will go a very long way to soften the blow and to finish a season with a double it is twice as much as we got outta last season so i'll take that any day ..Period !

--
Barney

Dreamcatcher
07-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Rooney doesn't look fit to me. I read he's on £300k a week. Maybe they meant 300 pies.:D

simon 2003
07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
no not on 300k unless thats with everything sponsers ect ,,,he gets a measely 110k from united

i dont think he selected nani over rooney more like nani over valencia whos been poor this season ,wellbeck got the nod over rooney
all this about rooney is rubbish hes had a virus he isnt match fit,and who could argue with fergies team selection on tuesday

Dreamcatcher
08-03-2013, 12:23 AM
no not on 300k unless thats with everything sponsers ect ,,,he gets a measely 110k from united

I'll let you work it out Simon but his annual earnings are £15.6 million. That's £11.3 million in salary/winning bonuses and £4.3 million in endorsements. Do you recall the big spat he had with SAF in 2010 when he was walking out. I don't think he stayed for £110k a week do you?. RVP was offered £130k a week to stay at Arsenal but gets over £200k a week at United.

PS £15.6million = £300k per week. £11.3million = £217k per week. £4.3million = £83k per week.